Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No coming back from that for Poch. All that bollocks about how he knows how much it means to the fans then he fields that team. He knows fuck all.

Only plus was at least it actually felt like a derby last night.

it really won't be.

(it's beating the sides below us. which every season we fail to do that costs us a higher league place.)
Yes - Im aware of this however, Im hoping for change. Beat City and move forward thats all Im wanting. Its never nice losing to Woolwich but we have done and the players get paid a lot more than me so they can take the grief. Im refusing to have a bad week because of this result-sorry. They need to bounce back on sat as a team and beat City.

Yes - Im aware of this however, Im hoping for change. Beat City and move forward thats all Im wanting. Its never nice losing to Woolwich but we have done and the players get paid a lot more than me so they can take the grief. Im refusing to have a bad week because of this result-sorry. They need to bounce back on sat as a team and beat City.

fair enough.
(sadly i think the players just see it as another game)

Yes but I would not be surprised if Poch dropped Ali for Saturday and p

Yes, keep the same team against City that played against Palace with the exception of Rose for Davies. Bet Poch plays Davies though.
Im refusing to get down on the back of this result. Beat City - whoever plays and this will help me move forward and look forward to the season. I truly believe we have a decent side and can make top 4 or win the EL. Ive forgotten already who we played ;last night?

Its the only way I can deal with it otherwise it will make me miserable all day and weekend. Lose to City and unfortunately here we go again?

fair enough.
(sadly i think the players just see it as another game)
Don't most teams because of the level of the competition. Whichever way we like to dress it up, its a Championship competition and the PL use it an opportunity to play squad players. So was last night a full on game, a game to be taken seriously - NO. Im refusing to get sad when we do not field a full strength team and that goes into EL as well.

Last edited:
I refuse to melt , gutted to lose to those fuckers but was never expecting the intensity of a league game in the 3rd round of the coca cola cup , I will get over it and expect three points of them when they return to WHL.

Odd that the fact we reached the final last year was banded about as a reason to have faith in Pochettino (even though we were told we couldnt judge him in his first year) now we get dumped out at the first hurdle it doesnt matter.

Jokers.

Feeling pretty gutted this morning. It was a tight game that could have gone either way really. Sanchez coming on for them made the difference. I suppose to a certain degree i had hyped myself up into believing that we had won the game before it was played based on being at home, form and players being out.

Like others I was a little surprised with the selection, Fazio and Wimmer together and Carroll in the middle where the only issues, but not as bad a side as some made out.

I had to abandon the forum about 20 mins into the game because some of the abuse the players / fans / manager where getting was doing my head in (even before they scored their first). What tipped me over the edge was someone laying into Danny Rose for his work rate and not wanting it enough literally about 5 mins after he had gone full pelt down the line to try and keep a lost ball in play (and did so). He gave his all, as he pretty much always does.

I thought most of the team had a good game. Carroll looked a little out of his depth physically but could only do what the manager had asked of him. Probably wasn’t expecting to go up against Arteta AND Flamini. It’s all good experience for the lad. Fazio had a bad game. Wimmer was more at fault for the first goal though for me.

This place will be pretty unbearable for the next few days I guess. Even worse if we lose on the weekend. I don’t really want to get into a whole, “it’s our right to moan” or “I’m sick of you moaning about us moaning” thing. So I guess I’ll take a break for awhile until after City (probably get bored and sneak a peek tomorrow!)

COYS

Odd that the fact we reached the final last year was banded about as a reason to have faith in Pochettino (even though we were told we couldnt judge him in his first year) now we get dumped out at the first hurdle it doesnt matter.

Jokers.

No one on here has shown that it doesn't matter. Each to their own in dealing with this... firstly defeat by Woolwich and then being knocked out. Would I reverse the result -yes, would I want this at the expense of having a great season - NO. We are good side and Im hoping it doesn't effect the season ahead of us, Im expecting so much.

This could easily be posted on a Scum forum.

Could have, but they won so I doubt they are. I'm one Pochettino's fans, but there's no getting away from the fact he fucked it last night with that selection. Fazio and Wimmer for fucks sake, Woolwich isn't the game for trying new back fours.

Back
Top Bottom