Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

probably true to be fair, but so what? Doesn't mean he'd go if there was an offer of that compensation. Means jack shit basically. I don't see him going. He may go on to a massive club one day but he is young and has everything going for him with us, I think he'll be here some time, £10M bids or not.
It just makes no sense, why would he want to leave now? He's only just put in the foundation for his project, there's so much more to come. He also has talked a lot about looking forward to playing in the new stadium, surely than can be interpreted as him wanting to stay?

Also Poch doesn't even have an agent, can't imagine him saying to Levy during the negotiation. "I want a £10m buy out clause inserted". Even if there is a one, I still cannot see him leaving us yet, he will go to a Real or Barcelona sized club in the future. The conditions that he is working under are perfect for him, the scouting and coaching set up, the players, the training facility, the new stadium. We may not win the league but everything about our club says we are at the beginning of a special period of time for us.

Q. How many contracts has Levy negotiated with a buyout clause in the past 15yrs?
A. None.
Very doubtful there is any truth to the story. The rag is probably twisting the fact that Poch is negotiating a new deal taking his new wages to reported £3.5m per year, assuming he doesn't extend his contract length when negotiating this new deal and assuming that he did leave, then yes, the new Club or Poch would have to pay Spurs approx. £10m, as we had to compensate Southampton £2m for the remainder of Poch's contract. That's all.

If Poch leaves I do not not see it being to another prem side, we are already ahead of the likes of Man United so it would probably not take his career forward. He also has much credit here now so I imagine can shape and design the team how he wants, he may not get that at United or Chelsea.

He still has much he can achieve here and if in 5 years time he goes to Barcelona I won't blame him if that's his dream.

If Poch leaves I do not not see it being to another prem side, we are already ahead of the likes of Man United so it would probably not take his career forward. He also has much credit here now so I imagine can shape and design the team how he wants, he may not get that at United or Chelsea.

He still has much he can achieve here and if in 5 years time he goes to Barcelona I won't blame him if that's his dream.

He can go when he's won the PL followed by the CL so 2018 to PSG then

:pochbye:

Writing in his Daily Telegraph column in November, Gary Neville observed: "In my role as an England coach I have noticed the difference in psychology and application when Tottenham players come into the camp.

"They now arrive prepared for the battle, ready to play, ready to work. They look like they want to partake in the meetings. All the things you would want from responsible players are there.

"It seems to me that Pochettino has given the younger players the confidence to express themselves, off the pitch as well."

Also Poch doesn't even have an agent, can't imagine him saying to Levy during the negotiation. "I want a £10m buy out clause inserted". Even if there is a one, I still cannot see him leaving us yet, he will go to a Real or Barcelona sized club in the future. The conditions that he is working under are perfect for him, the scouting and coaching set up, the players, the training facility, the new stadium. We may not win the league but everything about our club says we are at the beginning of a special period of time for us.
He must have had some representation when signing the contract though. Not that he would want to leave at the moment but he is incredibly ambitious.

Edit:?like someone said this is clearly a compensatory measure not a buy out clause as we know it.

The £10m is probably the value of the contract over the lenght of it.

He must have had some representation when signing the contract though. Not that he would want to leave at the moment but he is incredibly ambitious.

Edit:?like someone said this is clearly a compensatory measure not a buy out clause as we know it.

No representation it's been well documented he negotiated with Levy directly.

Back
Top Bottom