Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know my views on the little one but I actually think this time he's learned to step back. He also knows that Poch likes to work to a budget & bring though the youngsters so he'd have to be a bit special to risk losing basically his dream manager. He's brought the fans & club more together than its been in a long time
According to the Mirror the club is about to agree a new contract with Poch. Pay rise, Nespresso machine in his office, the works.

Enjoyed reading that. Makes a change to hear legends in conversation, rather than an over opinionated jorno.

I may be a bit too happy clappy for some but I don't share the notion that this year is the only chance we will have. By saying that the assumption is normal order will be restored next year.
1. The Scum are the scum been the same for 10yrs, you know what you are getting as long as Wenger remains. If they change their manager (I am sure he will see out his contract) but who do they bring in? and would another manger improve and get more out of the players currently there? Their youth prospects ain't that hot too, every chance they will do a Utd post Fergie, certainly no guarantees they will push on.
2. Utd. I have no idea what they are building, their identity has gone, they is no style to their play. How much longer will the fans take for 0-0 & 1-0. Are they going to continue to buy mega stars? Yet another new manager? If they do succeed in acquiring a manage who can change it will not be done overnight, they are an oil tanker of a club it will take a couple of seasons at best case scenario all done without Elite European football, which will be expensive but they can afford to waste it.
3. Chavs, without doubt the biggest rebuilding jobs of the "established top 4", no European football to attract top players (will not hold onto players). Spine of a successful team gone. No manager. With over £1b spent and another £600m to spend on a new stadium just how much more is the gangster going to pump in? Just like Utd, what is their recruitment strategy, so much money spent on players who haven't kicked a ball? They look a mess.
4. Citeh, Probably the only club capable of kicking-on and set to dominate for the next 10yrs. That said will Guardiola be able to do that in his first season in the Prem? Does he have the players currently their to play his brand of football, I'd say no. Whilst the quality of players is their from youth to first team, there is still a lot of in's and out's that can be expected, how quickly will it take Pep to understand the demands of the League and build "his" team?
5. Leicester, have blown away all before them not just this season but for half of the preceding one. Whilst they are at the bottom of the League absolutely no one turned them over, the losses they racked up under Pearson were by the odd goal, very small margins to success and failure. I see no reason why they will not be challenging for top 4 again next year. Their biggest challenge is their style of football, starting a game a football with the oppo sat with 10 men behind the ball is a new challenge (remaining games left this season might give us some insight on how they deal with this).
6. The mighty Tottenham Hotspur, have the youngest team in the League that struggled to take onboard what the manager wanted when he first arrived. This year it is clear they know what they are doing. With the exception of the scum and Leicester we have an identity, we have a style and brand of football that is attractive and very hard for teams to play against. I can only see this getting better, each player improving and the team boosted in an every growing belief in how they play as we currently sit 2nd in the league with 9 games left. In the summer we can expect a small number of in's but there is a growing confidence that they will be highly targeted and will improve on what we have. Poch did't hide his ambitions when he first arrived, he told us that he was going to build a team that will challenge for the title, we all conveniently/politely ignored this claim and got behind the only thing we could relate to which was he would do everything possible to make us proud. We are at least one year ahead of the official/internal plan, probably 3 or 4 yrs. Not only are we ahead of our own plan but we are ahead of those clubs mentioned above.

TLDR
Title contenders for next year will be between Spurs, Leicester, Citeh and Scum.

Sorry got carried away there.

Last edited:
Hoddle is a legend, that is an unalterable law of the universe, but he does say some odd things.
He calls Spurs a selling club, as if we went out of our way to dismantle the Champs League side. In reality we had no choice with either Modric or Bale.
I was hoping Ozzie was going to say, "You know what Spurs need to do to win the Title? 5 upfront."

NBC Sports working a contract question into Poch's post-match interview. Expect a lot of this until the end of the season.

No reason to be concerned about his response, by the way. He was typically evasive (just like he is about any transfer questions), but highlighted the three years that are still left on his initial deal and seemed generally cheeky/happy about the situtation.

(please don't post that Sol Campbell interview video as an example of how these things can be deceiving)
:lamelashock:

I'd have thought that penning a new deal anytime before our last game of the season would give the wrong impression.

NBC Sports working a contract question into Poch's post-match interview. Expect a lot of this until the end of the season.

No reason to be concerned about his response, by the way. He was typically evasive (just like he is about any transfer questions), but highlighted the three years that are still left on his initial deal and seemed generally cheeky/happy about the situtation.

(please don't post that Sol Campbell interview video as an example of how these things can be deceiving)
:lamelashock:

I'd have thought that penning a new deal anytime before our last game of the season would give the wrong impression.

Big difference between what Judas and Pochettino say. One is a self entitled, money hungry, back stabbing, attention whore, cunt. The other is a man of integrity.

Hoddle is a legend, that is an unalterable law of the universe, but he does say some odd things.
He calls Spurs a selling club, as if we went out of our way to dismantle the Champs League side. In reality we had no choice with either Modric or Bale.
I was hoping Ozzie was going to say, "You know what Spurs need to do to win the Title? 5 upfront."

Hoddle the player will always be one of my all time favourites, my first Spurs player love. Going to the barbers and showing him Hoddle's Panini 1985 sticker and asking for that mullet haircut. Hoddle the man after the player has always been a bit oddball with his strange Christian beliefs. He loves the club but it never seems with same affection as the likes of Ossie or Micky Hazard. To say that we are a selling club is a disservice to the fact we sold a lot of dross, which to be honest was needed. Of the players we wanted to keep it was only really Carrick, Keane, Berbatov, Modric and Bale that really forced their way out. Plus it was only the latter two that we couldn't really turn down the call of Real.

- Best goal difference in the league.
- First time in the Premier League era that we have ever got 30+ goal difference.
- Most goals scored in the league
- Best defensive record in the league
- Top goalscorer in the league

All hail this great fucking man and this great team.

- Best goal difference in the league.
- First time in the Premier League era that we have ever got 30+ goal difference.
- Most goals scored in the league
- Best defensive record in the league
- Top goalscorer in the league

All hail this great fucking man and this great team.

Just missing one other stat which is 'most points' this season.....

Poch make it happen please :pochlol:

Back
Top Bottom