Liverpool Away - 02 April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly, but this is the biggest game of the season and if we approach it in any other way I think it will be very dangerous.
I dont agree, we need to approach it as any other PL game. Fully commited to win, playing our game. I feel if we make it too important, we may succumb to preasure and try to play not to lose, which is not our game and thats when it all goes horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Teams do go to Liverpool and get a result, in recent years, there is no reason why we cant do the same. The place isn't a fortress, as it once was. For me, it has always been a very hostile place, the supporters very aggressive and an atmosphere that was always demanding of their team to push forward. A friend and I have sat with Liverpool supporters (them days , turn up and buy ticket) and fear was touching cloth at times. My experiences have not been pleasant. Hopefully today it all changes. COYS

I'm so confused on what time the game is for me. I keep seeing 9:30am but with our recent time change im now 7 hours behind the UK, unless you guys over there had a time change.
:pochfacepalm:

I'm so confused on what time the game is for me. I keep seeing 9:30am but with our recent time change im now 7 hours behind the UK, unless you guys over there had a time change.

I think, I can explain. It kicks-off at 5:30pm UK time, so I believe that it will kick-off at 10:30am your time.

We put our clocks forward by one-hour last weekend, to mark the start of British Summer Time (BST). At the end of October 2016, we put the clocks back by an hour, which returns us to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

It's back to normal now mate, 8 hours behind you are

Currently in San Fran so will be in your zone for game!

When the big hand is on the five and the little hand is between the ten and number eleven - sit down in front of the big black window in your house that lights up with pictures and sound. Turn it on.
Bring beer and tissues.
At the end either dry your eyes with them or mop up the mess.
:)

If this weekend goes well..

We go 2 points behind Leicester, stay clear of Woolwich by at least 6 points and consolidate our top 2 place.

Badly..

Leicester go 8 clear, Woolwich go 3 behind us with a game in hand and I begin to shit myself..

But I'm half glass full sort of guy..

A win would be massive as I can honestly see Southampton beating Leicester.

This round of results will have a big impact on the final outcome I think. I can't see Us Leicester and Woolwich all winning this weekend.

Our record up there is poor but this is a new breed of Spurs teams, it's mentally and physically stronger than any team in the past..

COYS..

Clearly, but this is the biggest game of the season and if we approach it in any other way I think it will be very dangerous.

There may be bigger games to come?

The games get bigger and bigger the fewer of them there are!!

I agree with how this weekend 'feels' simply because a lot could change by tomorrow evening... but first things first, we have to do OUR bit, and do it well.

We can't MAKE other teams lose (well, we can, but it would probably have to be illegal!!)

So we can't let the 'WINNER-TAKES-ALL WANKFEST WEEKEND' or whatever Sky are dubbing it, affect us for our ONE game later.

Dont get me wrong, I'm shitting it, but certainly not in a Cup Final type way... more in a; "whoah-ohhh there ....if you feel like this now, there's potentially 6 more of these to come, so reign it in a little, eh?" type way...

Whether Klopp and the players have an eye on the Dortmund game on Thursday remains to be seen, but we have no other hurdle ahead.

Our strongest eleven is a lot stronger than there's, and there's probably only 2 players I'd take from them to be in our squad.

Like SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy has said, this is the Spurs team that have shown the most hunger in a long time, all players are in form and we actually have a solid defence, a midfield duo who also add to that in Dier and Dembele.. And we have King Alli and Kane.

I can't see us losing, we just have to make sure we win.

I think we will beat them today. I'm feeling it. As has been said our full strength side wipes the floor of theirs.

Been looking forward to this for a good few weeks. COYS

Southampton are my second team this weekend COS.

Back
Top Bottom