The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst it's still mathematically possible it's not over. Same priority applies at the moment, concentrate on beating WBA tomorrow and being very close to finishing above the scum for the first time in many years - that is huge, whether we like to admit it or not, it's a psychological stain on us all.

Man Utd can finish 4th, with scum and City playing each other it's well on for them. It's a huge game for them next week and they should (we hope) be the toughest test Leicester have had in ages. Despite the results, Leicester have been shit for a while, unfortunately the opposition have been even shitter.

No point worrying about the Chelski match-throwing at all yet, we need to win 3 games first including against them giving it their all
as if their lives depend on it, we all know that will happen. Unfortunately Leicester may take 4-6pts beforehand anyway.

Win tomorrow first, finish above scum next, then we'll see what else is left.....

Did not watch the Leicester match but clearly Leicester dominated with a fantastic 38% procession. Why do we waste all that energy having 62% procession when we could let the opposition have the majority of the ball and still win like Leicester.
Because we actually play football?

Football definition is in the eye of the beholder?
If anything, we made most teams look ordinary, because we were the superior team. They didn't roll over for us, with the exception of Stoke, who were already on the beach (as was evidenced be their pre- and post-Spurs 4-goal thrashings). Can't say the same for Leicester.

If anything, we made most teams look ordinary, because we were the superior team. They didn't roll over for us, with the exception of Stoke, who were already on the beach (as was evidenced be their pre- and post-Spurs 4-goal thrashings). Can't say the same for Leicester.
It always seem as this? Superior v rolled over, who knows?

Whilst it's still mathematically possible it's not over. Same priority applies at the moment, concentrate on beating WBA tomorrow and being very close to finishing above the scum for the first time in many years - that is huge, whether we like to admit it or not, it's a psychological stain on us all.

Man Utd can finish 4th, with scum and City playing each other it's well on for them. It's a huge game for them next week and they should (we hope) be the toughest test Leicester have had in ages. Despite the results, Leicester have been shit for a while, unfortunately the opposition have been even shitter.

No point worrying about the Chelski match-throwing at all yet, we need to win 3 games first including against them giving it their all
as if their lives depend on it, we all know that will happen. Unfortunately Leicester may take 4-6pts beforehand anyway.

Win tomorrow first, finish above scum next, then we'll see what else is left.....

100% correct.

Deep down I think its only 2nd for us (which is still great). Leicester may lose to Man U, but they will beat Everton whose players are already on the beach and they will stroll past the Chavs whose players have already stated that they want to stop us and let Leicester win it **.

** I couldn't believe my ears the other night. Hazard saying he wants Leicester to win. Can you imagine its 0-0 against Leicester in the last minute and the Chavs get a penalty and up steps Hazard to take it???

By the end, they'd clearly thrown in the towel, but they were in it till 65 mins and had created some chances at 0-1. Also, they weren't very charitable about handing us the opening goal - it was an absolute belter from Kane, no keeper could have got that one.

It would be nice if the likes of Chavski would score a couple of own goals in the first 10, followed by some gifted penalties and red cards for constant dissent. Actually thats probably how their match v LCFC will pan out.

Bottom line is that result (tho annoying at how Swansea rolled over for them) has changed nothing really.

The game Leicester are most likely to lose has always been UTD. They lose that and we keep winning and the pressure will be huge in their last two games with only a draw required for us to win the league.

The obvious problem is Everton are awful atm and Chelsea are posturing to throw the game. But we can only hope.

A lot of people assuming we'll beat Chelsea away. The more likely scenario is we don't and those cunts get to revel in it as it'll be the only good thing that's happened to them all season.

That said, if poch and this team manage to win there and deny them that schadenfreude then I will upgrade my offer of blowies to the first 11 to a rusty trombone

100% correct.

Deep down I think its only 2nd for us (which is still great). Leicester may lose to Man U, but they will beat Everton whose players are already on the beach and they will stroll past the Chavs whose players have already stated that they want to stop us and let Leicester win it **.

** I couldn't believe my ears the other night. Hazard saying he wants Leicester to win. Can you imagine its 0-0 against Leicester in the last minute and the Chavs get a penalty and up steps Hazard to take it???
I believe everyone is wrong about Everton. Thier recent lose of PL form was down to the FAC. Thats over. Team normally return to normal and they are much better than recently shown. This could be the fixture that turns it all on its head.

Another thing that's really pissing me off is the way the media and pundits are praising Leicester for "handling the pressure".

THEY'VE HAD NO FUCKING PRESSURE!!

Pressure doesnt take a grip at the start of games. It sets in when ur half way through a game and can't find the break through. Teams gifting Leicester goals in the first 5 minutes like yesterday alleviates any pressure or nerves before they have a chance to set in.

Same with the fantastical headlines today regarding them "coping" without Vardy. Willams spoon fed them the first two goals for fuck sake. And Schlop fucked up TWICE for the 3rd yet as luck would have it they still bundled it in.

There is nothing class about Leicester. NOTHING. And I find it sickening how our media/pundits are constantly trying to talk them up as if there is.

:walker-scream:

Rant over.

A lot of people assuming we'll beat Chelsea away. The more likely scenario is we don't and those cunts get to revel in it as it'll be the only good thing that's happened to them all season.

That said, if poch and this team manage to win there and deny them that schadenfreude then I will upgrade my offer of blowies to the first 11 to a rusty trombone
Lets get WBA done first , then a whole week to prepare for Chelsea.

All this Chav shite about wanting us to lose the PL, is more about them wanting to beat us rather than, throwing the game against LC.
just want to say that? We need to stop acting like Liverpool and look for excuses, especally before anything has happened.

oh happy days, oh happy days....

3-1 tonight if anyone is bothered.

Leicester fan here, cannot understand all the hate you have towards us? we deserve to win the league more than anyone.

Not really, you're on a roll of extraordinary luck and you play really really shit unattractive football. You also win many games by diving and cheating. There is nothing to admire about that.

If you win, it will forever be a black stain on Premier League history, and frankly it's an embarrassment for the country to have such a shit team win such a coveted prize.

Thankfully everyone knows it's just a random 1 in a million event that happens, and you'll be embarrassed out of the Champions League and will fight for Europa places next season.

Another thing that's really pissing me off is the way the media and pundits are praising Leicester for "handling the pressure".

THEY'VE HAD NO FUCKING PRESSURE!!

Pressure doesnt take a grip at the start of games. It sets in when ur half way through a game and can't find the break through. Teams gifting Leicester goals in the first 5 minutes like yesterday alleviates any pressure or nerves before they have a chance to set in.

Same with the fantastical headlines today regarding them "coping" without Vardy. Willams spoon fed them the first two goals for fuck sake. And Schlop fucked up TWICE for the 3rd yet as luck would have it they still bundled it in.

There is nothing class about Leicester. NOTHING. And I find it sickening how our media/pundits are constantly trying to talk them up as if there is.

:walker-scream:

Rant over.
I'd have less of an issue with Leicester if people would just call a spade a spade.

If they win the league then there is no denying that it's a fantastic achievement but to ignore the huge steaming pile of luck that they have had all season is dressing it up as something that it's not.

They are a solid, boring, counter attacking/long ball side that probably have a good 15 or so points more than they would any other season just by the fact they have won at least a handful of games that they didn't deserve to.

People will say that top teams "make their own luck" which is true in the context that they dominate games and pile on so much pressure that eventually something breaks their way. This isn't the luck Leicester are getting. It's the opposite in fact. They are parking the bus and then getting away with numerous penalty decisions and players inexplicably missing sitters.

Take the luck away and they've had an outstanding season (for them) and would be sitting comfortably top half.

All this fairy tale stuff about them proving its not all about money etc and it giving hope to smaller teams is bullshit. No team of that level is ever going to get the fortune that they have had. It's a freak, not something anyone can realistically aspire to.

On the flip side WE ARE THAT HOPE. If we won the league we've done it through steadily building in the right way. We have given youth (English youth) a chance and we haven't bought our place at the table through silly transfer fees and 150-200k a week wages.

I think Leicester against Utd could well be a 0-0 borefest.

Chelsea is bound to lose, so really it's up to Everton. A shaken up EFC team with a new interim manager would be preferable.

with the amount you spent with the bale money you should be challenging every year, but u signed complete crocks of shite with it
Like Lamela and Eriksen? Both more talented than any of your players except maybe Mahrez.

Anyway, your statement is wrong. Yes we signed some crap players too, but not easy to buy great players with £100m when you're not in the CL and can't compete with the wages of other teams. With our net spend being around £0 we should be stagnating really but we're not.

Back
Top Bottom