The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's so funny that Leicester will be playing Champions League football next season.

I can imagine it now. Real Madrid being undone by the bus parkers and Chavvy McChavface scoring another against the run of play goal.

At least they'd do better than Woolwich.

I think it's so funny that Leicester will be playing Champions League football next season.

I can imagine it now. Real Madrid being undone by the bus parkers and Chavvy McChavface scoring another against the run of play goal.

At least they'd do better than Woolwich.

The way this season has gone, they'll probably win that as well at the first time of asking!

Joking aside, I think Leicester/Ranieri's 'style' suits the European game very well... narrow 1-0's and bus parking is the bedrock on which many a successful Italian side was built! They're doing pretty much the same thing... they were made for a European away leg...

...they've even got a racist up front!

No idea. I imagine it's down to Woolwich being in the CL every year despite having zero chance of winning it and getting knocked out in the last 16 everytime. Leicester would be in pot 1 because they'd be champions.
Our Club Coefficient just took a small dip because our previous good showing in the Champions League will have been over five years ago, and is no longer used to gauge us. Below is how you accumulate points based on European competition.

8Nc7UTp.jpg

There's also some weird maths-wizardry they do that depends on how your league's coefficient is compared to the rest of Europe.

Fuck it, we didn't need a good seeding to have a great CL last time!

For me the permutation is very clear from now on

We need to win ALL our remaining games

And we need Leicester to LOSE to Manu and at least DRAW against Chelsea. Everton are irrelevant because they are CRAP.

Leceister beat swansea today easily. They had no moivation ( swansea). I think Manu have the incentive of top 4 and chelsea i assume some pride of finishing their last home game of the season without losing..

The way this season has gone, they'll probably win that as well at the first time of asking!

Joking aside, I think Leicester/Ranieri's 'style' suits the European game very well... narrow 1-0's and bus parking is the bedrock on which many a successful Italian side was built! They're doing pretty much the same thing... they were made for a European away leg...

...they've even got a racist up front!
I'm looking forward to watching Leicester in the Champions League next year. I wouldn't be saying that if they'd beaten us to fourth, of course.

And we need Leicester to LOSE to Manu and at least DRAW against Chelsea. Everton are irrelevant because they are CRAP.

Leceister beat swansea today easily. They had no moivation ( swansea). I think Manu have the incentive of top 4 and chelsea i assume some pride of finishing their last home game of the season without losing..

This Chelsea side doesn't ooze "pride" to me. Plus Hazard has come out and said they would rather have Leicester win the title than us. Tough to think that a team would blatantly lose a game to keep someone else out of the title. Shameful really.

So, sounds about right for something they'd do.

This. It's conceivable that they lose at OT; if they do they need to win both of their final games to guarantee success (a draw and a win only gives them 80 which we can beat on GD).

While there's life, there's hope!

Last edited:
I am. Who the fuck are Leicester and how much struggle and disappointment did they go through to get to this point? Whoopie doo for them, but fuck this.
a lot more struggle & disappointment than us.
& they will continue to do so.

Chin up. 2nds superb!

Did not watch the Leicester match but clearly Leicester dominated with a fantastic 38% procession. Why do we waste all that energy having 62% procession when we could let the opposition have the majority of the ball and still win like Leicester.

No negativity, I just think it's a big ask. You watch them play and it seems to be a script written for them.
I mean today ffs. There was an element of fortuity in all their goals. The free kick that wasn't, William's pass & Mahrez's elbow control, Schlupps rebound off Williams and second bite at pass, and then King heading the ball the complete wrong way.
If they win it, then Good luck to them.
I am not a fan of their brand, but I am not bitter.
It wil not distract from the progress we have made and the football we have played this season. There's nothing to be disappointed about. There is everything to feel proud about.
Of course I want us to win it and hope we do.
Fuck me it's what I have wanted to see us do in my lifetime.
However, I'd rather have them than Woolwich, City, Utd , Spam or Liverpool finish above us.
Respect. I just thought you needed a nudge. Normally your oozing with positivness (if there is such a word). . Lets expect and as you say, be proud with whatever we achive.

At this stage of the season won't make much difference. Plus I find it hard to believe Everton would sack Martinez with 4 games to go.

Why not? If they're going to sack him it would make sense for the new man to get in as soon as possible. If they're going to get rid, they should do it now. Why drag it on longer than necessary?

Personally, I don't give a fuck.

That's all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom