The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is still Leicester's to lose. Always has been. They have a very tough game next. For us, we will win our games, so the pressure will be on if they do fail against Utd, which I feel they will. The Swansea game was their easier one, they were always expected to win it. Looking forward to our game tomorrow.

You alway post 100 % logical statements/arguments - why the negativity? .
NO its not good luck to them, fuck the sporting spirit...we are not giving up and we will be in this until the last game of the season. Next week was always going to be the big weekend results and then and only then the outcome may be clearer either way. Lets beat WBA and march on....
No negativity, I just think it's a big ask. You watch them play and it seems to be a script written for them.
I mean today ffs. There was an element of fortuity in all their goals. The free kick that wasn't, William's pass & Mahrez's elbow control, Schlupps rebound off Williams and second bite at pass, and then King heading the ball the complete wrong way.
If they win it, then Good luck to them.
I am not a fan of their brand, but I am not bitter.
It wil not distract from the progress we have made and the football we have played this season. There's nothing to be disappointed about. There is everything to feel proud about.
Of course I want us to win it and hope we do.
Fuck me it's what I have wanted to see us do in my lifetime.
However, I'd rather have them than Woolwich, City, Utd , Spam or Liverpool finish above us.

Also "the best team are the ones that win the league" is such a bollocks statement made to not disrespect the winners.

Bottom line is, sadly, the only reason we aren't top is that poxy 1-0 win they had against us in which we pissed all over them. They parked the bus and then got a totally undeserved sucker punch from a corner.

The best team didn't win that game and the best team aren't top of the league.

Yep the 6 pointer we lost against em is the difference but it's the dreadful decisions and luck they've had since game 28 onwards that is why they've been top. We also cpuld have done with finishing off scum at 2-1. Look at all our goals and victories this last 4-5 games. All class.Can't say any of em were a gift. I know they won 4-0 today but that first goal broke any resistance Swansea had. A gift and a handball in one. Let's not forget the last 4-5 weeks of tons of 1-0s and scandalous decisions. And guilt edged chsnces missed by the opposition. Sounds bitter but I have watched football for a long time, they r definitely not the best team in the league and playing like champions. Credit to them for being the 2nd best team. It is freak luck that's kept em top and getting them over the line in the end if they indeed do get over it. Looking difficult for us now. Fate was always against us

It does start to look like 'that is that' in terms of the title... not much else we can do but win what's left, and 2nd (which is VERY much in our hands) is ours!

who thought we'd be saying THAT at the start of this crazy, incredible season?

Tricky? Lol Chelsea will gift em a win literally. Utd will maybe take points off them but if 4th place is out of reach they will rest players for the cup. 5 points from 9. Don't see it happening
It's Manure's next match and not only isn't 4th out of reach, they're even in with a shot at third after the scum's result today. They'll have plenty to play for, unlike those inbred sheep-fuckers today. I've never seen a more blatant bending over.

2nd & finishing ahead of Woolwich is a superb season.
Not going to wallow in not winning the title!

Best all round spurs team in my lifetime.
& for once after a good season, i am not worried about any of our best players leaving in the summer.
I am. Who the fuck are Leicester and how much struggle and disappointment did they go through to get to this point? Whoopie doo for them, but fuck this.

What about the teams that rolled over for us? I feel all this is all bit rich from us. A week is a long time in football?
last week we were winning the PL according to everyone now we are moaning about the LC opponents being crap?
Nobody rolled over for us. If anything, every team played us like it was their cup final.

As petty as it sounds, a win tomorrow would give us one of those 'Welcome to Europe' champions league tweets from UEFA...

8xxIbMS.gif

Finishing 2nd puts us in pot 3 for the CL. Whilst I feel we can match most teams in the top two pots. It's such a kick in the bollocks when we've performed the way we have and the likes of Leicester, Woolwich and City are all in a higher pot then us.

However, I'd rather have them than Woolwich, City, Utd , Spam or Liverpool finish above us.

That, I feel is the key to this!

'Little Leicester' have been expected to fall away since Christmas, and just haven't!
Decisions or luck aside, had it been ArseAnal in their position, we'd have been spitting feathers at this point!

As it is, I can handle the 'disappointment' of 2nd, even 3rd (as long as it's not at ArseAnal's expense!)
... imagine that; the disappointment of finishing 2nd or 3rd?

...how far we've come since AVB & Sherwood, eh?

That, I feel is the key to this!

'Little Leicester' have been expected to fall away since Christmas, and just haven't!
Decisions or luck aside, had it been ArseAnal in their position, we'd have been spitting feathers at this point!

As it is, I can handle the 'disappointment' of 2nd, even 3rd (as long as it's not at ArseAnal's expense!)
... imagine that; the disappointment of finishing 2nd or 3rd?

...how far we've come since AVB & Sherwood, eh?
With a united fanbase, the youngest squad in the league, a new stadium on the horizon, and so on.

Meanwhile, Woolwich are an infighting team who haven't finished in 2nd or above for over ten years.

Back
Top Bottom