£88m for Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will leave on a free next year because no one will pay enough to force Levy to sell.

I think that number would still be north of 100m and no one will pay that.

Q. What's the least amount you (or anyone else reading) would accept if you intended to sell?

70m?

60m?

It will do better at replacing his goals and assists in 2024-25 than the £0 we'll get for him then, though.

Even if you assume we don't qualify for the CL next season because we sell him, we're still ahead of the game.

This club isn't winning a trophy, outside the Cartoon Cup, any time within the next 3 season. Time to think about the next squad and what's most beneficial/expedient to building that group.
Absolutely. Utd made the very same mistakes after Moyes. The "prodigal son" didn't work out, so they chased after managers and threw money at players they thought would keep them up there challenging. They then tried the club legend appeasement, before finally bringing in a "project manager." It remains to be seen if they continue throwing money at "name" players or if they buy in accordance with the philosophy you would expect when bringing in Ten Hag, i.e. young, hungry talent for him to mold.

Ten Hag is, or should be, their reset. We need the same really.

Q. What's the least amount you (or anyone else reading) would accept if you intended to sell?

70m?

60m?
You get down to 60-70 and I start wondering how absolutely adamant he is about wanting to leave.

Levy is thinking in these same terms, just at a higher level of risk tolerance.

Levy thinks the fans will turn on Kane if him leaving on a free, especially within England, becomes a live reality and that he'll back down.

He might be right! But is that any way to run a club?

Absolutely. Utd made the very same mistakes after Moyes. The "prodigal son" didn't work out, so they chased after managers and threw money at players they thought would keep them up there challenging. They then tried the club legend appeasement, before finally bringing in a "project manager." It remains to be seen if they continue throwing money at "name" players or if they buy in accordance with the philosophy you would expect when bringing in Ten Hag, i.e. young, hungry talent for him to mold.

Ten Hag is, or should be, their reset. We need the same really.

Midfield: Eriksen (31), Casemiro (31), Fernandes (28), Fred (30),...... 2 of their 3 starters were only signed this season.

De Gea (32), Varane (29)

That's not what Eriksen did at all. In fact, he notified the club that he wasn't going to sign a new deal almost 2 years before he was allowed to leave...and being held hostage is why he was so sullen and shit in his last few months. Poch literally flew to Denmark to try and persuade him 1 last time and it didn't work...1.5 seasons before he left. Daniel Levy punished me and that is why Poch was so sheepish everytime he had to put him in the game to try and create something in those last 6 months...and most of our 'great' fans were booing him. How sad.
Strange
Listen, l feel really uncomfortable with the comments you just made. You are a serial luster talking about me looking at Asian beauties on line. Women are not there as personal objects. You come across as perverted, sick and twisted. My wife had nothing to worry about because I do not get tempted by the living flesh like you do. I am no perve.

You do not understand what is happening at the moment. There is so much brainwashing going on in the world that focuses too much on vanity and material objects and evil posessions. It has to stop. You do know my son who is old enough to go to adult movies in the cinema is also being subjected to these messages. He wants to go to see this evil dead movie at the weekend. I totally forbid it. I have not raised him this way to be able to think he can do whatever he wants and get sucked in by by media. I have never been so insulted in my life. You do know watching horror movies opens you up to evil possession and evil thoughts. Looking at adult material is one of the most revolting thinks anyone could do.
Strangely brilliant

Listen, l feel really uncomfortable with the comments you just made. You are a serial luster talking about me looking at Asian beauties on line. Women are not there as personal objects. You come across as perverted, sick and twisted. My wife had nothing to worry about because I do not get tempted by the living flesh like you do. I am no perve.

You do not understand what is happening at the moment. There is so much brainwashing going on in the world that focuses too much on vanity and material objects and evil posessions. It has to stop. You do know my son who is old enough to go to adult movies in the cinema is also being subjected to these messages. He wants to go to see this evil dead movie at the weekend. I totally forbid it. I have not raised him this way to be able to think he can do whatever he wants and get sucked in by by media. I have never been so insulted in my life. You do know watching horror movies opens you up to evil possession and evil thoughts. Looking at adult material is one of the most revolting thinks anyone could do.
Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

Hey Joe :adethumbup:

When he goes we are mid table garbage all over again, still a billion in debt and a nice modern half empty stadium....

88m wouldn't buy us a quarter of what we need if he goes.

Levy levy levy......

Midfield: Eriksen (31), Casemiro (31), Fernandes (28), Fred (30),...... 2 of their 3 starters were only signed this season.

De Gea (32), Varane (29)
Yeah, like I said he should be their reset, but they're still making the same mistakes. It remains to be seen if those players were stop gaps to keep them relevant in the short term, whilst they bring in young talent over that duration. They've already brought in Anthony, who still has his best years well ahead of him. Only time will tell whether that is the plan, or if they're still chasing big names with no plan.

The point is, they are a prime example of how a lack of a proper plan, philosophy, whatever you want to call it, will see you go backwards. Liverpool were like that for years until Klopp. Chelsea look like they might be heading that way too. Brighton are a prime example of the opposite.

But the best example for us to follow is that of the filth. They stagnated, they've had some real lean years since Wenger's pomp. Yes they've added to their FA trophy haul, but they were declining for years. However, they set their stall on what they wanted to do, hired a manager that they backed to develop that plan, suffered the lean years and saw their vision and faith rewarded.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to say it, but it's reality, however unpleasant.

We need to have the courage to follow that example, set the vision of the style the fans want us to play in, and recruit accordingly.

Yeah, like I said he should be their reset, but they're still making the same mistakes. It remains to be seen if those players were stop gaps to keep them relevant in the short term, whilst they bring in young talent over that duration. They've already brought in Anthony, who still has his best years well ahead of him. Only time will tell whether that is the plan, or if they're still chasing big names with no plan.

The point is, they are a prime example of how a lack of a proper plan, philosophy, whatever you want to call it, will see you go backwards. Liverpool were like that for years until Klopp. Chelsea look like they might be heading that way too. Brighton are a prime example of the opposite.

But the best example for us to follow is that of the filth. They stagnated, they've had some real lean years since Wenger's pomp. Yes they've added to their FA trophy haul, but they were declining for years. However, they set their stall on what they wanted to do, hired a manager that they backed to develop that plan, suffered the lean years and saw their vision and faith rewarded.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth to say it, but it's reality, however unpleasant.

We need to have the courage to follow that example, set the vision of the style the fans want us to play in, and recruit accordingly.

I'd rather emulate and revere Brghton...... There's been a lot of luck and bad judgement in the midst of the scum ending up where they currently are.... Let's review in another year or two; this could all be a flash in the pan.

To manchester is not that difficult. same country , language. Its not like you and me, where we have to deal with everything . They have nannies, someone to deal with setting up the move, the new house, the children's schools, everything, plus they have support from Charlie.
You're telling me the Viet Cong is getting involved in Kane's transfer now?

Anything around 80m sounds about right considering hes in the business end of his career, got fuck all left on his contract, weve got no manager and weve bled this kid dry.

We should have sold him to city a few years ago and I only say that because we did half a job, sucessfully kept Kane and then did fuck all in the market to push on. So jt was a pointless waste of energy

Back
Top Bottom