Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I back my judgement on players. You've gone strong on Foyth being World Class, correct? I'm going strong on him being anything but that. We'll review in two years from this date. Agreed?
Amazing the lengths you'll go to try recover your integrity after the Lamela humiliation.

You now want a victory wallowing in a Spurs youngster not achieving ''World Class'' status. So he could be simply good and you'd be on here giving it the barry about how you are right to doubt a Spurs youngster.

You really are a piece of shit on my shoe.

So that's Erik Lamela, Lucas Moura and Juan Foyth you can now add to your list of Spurs players you revel in mugging off.

You won't be here in two years. You'll have ran off crying about a Mum joke by then.

I'm a huge fan of Lamela, he is quality
Kevin de Bryne is quality. So is Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane and Eden Hazard

Lamela (within our context) is nothing more than a useful squad player with above average ability and very good work rate (especially off the ball) but most certainly not Top 4 quality. Hasn't had a good game for us since 2017 and has never in 5 years managed to establish himself a regular starting place. He'll be moved on in the summer - willing to bet?

I back my judgement on players. You've gone strong on Foyth being World Class, correct? I'm going strong on him being anything but that. We'll review in two years from this date. Agreed?
No, I haven't said Foyth is World Class. I think the boy is quality though, he's an absolute baller. Very excited to see how he develops.

You can do what you want in the future mate, you see I don't entrench my views on players. It's never a game of who's wrong or right for me. I try to watch a game without blinkers or agendas (sometimes this is a challenge to do) but as you can see with a number of posters on here (you are one of them) you form an opinion then despite all evidence to the contrary remain steadfast on the original point of view and as a direct consequence look a tad stupid (and you have to admit you have).

It's a journey following a player. Even average players can find a niche in a team (Fergie believes he only ever had 4 World Class players during his time at Utd). I still don't rate Sissoko but I've spent ALL of his first two seasons defending him because his performances were functional but not great, he certainly didn't deserve the shit thrown his way. Now look at him, regular MOTM awards, at least many fans have held their hands up, which is good, but there is still a bit of face-saving and saying that he's transformed night and day, when I say he's improved but the level of transformation isn't as big because he wasn't as bad to start off with and I now think he's being slightly overrated now.

I'm waffling on here, sorry, but as a bit of fun yeah let's see if Foyth turns into a top player, but if in a year or two his gambling and drinking habit takes hold then you will not find me still trying to convince the world he's an amazing player.

By backing your judgement I read that as 'I hate Erik Lamela, I hated him in the past, I currently hate him and in the future I intend to continue hating him'.

I guess you get points for consistency, even if it isn't backing your players....

Kevin de Bryne is quality. So is Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane and Eden Hazard

Lamela (within our context) is nothing more than a useful squad player with above average ability and very good work rate (especially off the ball) but most certainly not Top 4 quality. Hasn't had a good game for us since 2017 and has never in 5 years managed to establish himself a regular starting place. He'll be moved on in the summer - willing to bet?
If ever you want proof this geezer ain't Spurs, he didn't even watch the Newcastle game in February where Lamela was good.

If a good offer comes in for him then he will be sold, if it doesn’t and he stays it’s not a big deal.

There are players in the squad like Wanyama and Vorm that have contributed literally nothing to our season, let’s focus on moving them on first.

By backing your judgement I read that as 'I don't rate Erik Lamela, I didn't rate him in the past, I currently don't rate him and in the future I intend to continue not rating him'.

I guess you get points for consistency, even if it isn't backing your players....

I've corrected it for you.

If a good offer comes in for him then he will be sold, if it doesn’t and he stays it’s not a big deal.

There are players in the squad like Wanyama and Vorm that have contributed literally nothing to our season, let’s focus on moving them on first.

Lamela staying is no big deal to me if we sign other players to bolster the positions Lamela plays in but failing that he's not reliable enough to be plan b.

No, I haven't said Foyth is World Class. I think the boy is quality though, he's an absolute baller. Very excited to see how he develops.

You can do what you want in the future mate, you see I don't entrench my views on players. It's never a game of who's wrong or right for me. I try to watch a game without blinkers or agendas (sometimes this is a challenge to do) but as you can see with a number of posters on here (you are one of them) you form an opinion then despite all evidence to the contrary remain steadfast on the original point of view and as a direct consequence look a tad stupid (and you have to admit you have).

It's a journey following a player. Even average players can find a niche in a team (Fergie believes he only ever had 4 World Class players during his time at Utd). I still don't rate Sissoko but I've spent ALL of his first two seasons defending him because his performances were functional but not great, he certainly didn't deserve the shit thrown his way. Now look at him, regular MOTM awards, at least many fans have held their hands up, which is good, but there is still a bit of face-saving and saying that he's transformed night and day, when I say he's improved but the level of transformation isn't as big because he wasn't as bad to start off with and I now think he's being slightly overrated now.

I'm waffling on here, sorry, but as a bit of fun yeah let's see if Foyth turns into a top player, but if in a year or two his gambling and drinking habit takes hold then you will not find me still trying to convince the world he's an amazing player.

I like watching players develop as well, but sometimes you can see a player has fundamental flaws - poor technique, poor balance, poor use of weaker foot etc. etc. that there is obviously a glass ceiling to how good they could be. I simply felt that with Lamela early on and also with Foyth, when it comes to being a CB at least, he just has the wrong physique.

Last edited:
I like watching players develop as well, but sometimes you can see a player has fundamental flaws - poor technique, poor balance, poor use of weaker foot etc. etc. that there is obviously a glass ceiling to how good they could be. I simply felt that with Lamela early on and also with Foyth, when it comes to being a CB at least.
When it comes to being a CB? Haha, so his ''poor technique'' will be better elsewhere on the pitch?

I blame the parents, I really do.

Back
Top Bottom