👑 Ledley King 👑 - First Team Assistant

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Ledley. But if Conte was actually gettable in the summer (I know for Levy he wasn't) and he wanted to bring in his own crew and bin all of our coaches, Ledley included, I would have had no problem with that at all. I'm all for Ledley being an ambassador for the club though.

AFAIK, Ledley stood down and went back to his ambassador role at the end of last season.

I don't know who the blonde woman is, but she summed things up very well, albeit her nasal tone is quite annoying.

Can't seem to find out who she is and why she's talking about Spurs.
It's Melissa Reddy. She's actually an excellent football journalist (a senior football correspondent at the Independent, currently). She's South African, hence the accent.

As for why she's talking about Spurs, why not? She offered more than most male pundits on TV right now. Obviously I'm talking about the token appointments are former players who can just about string a sentence together, and barely offer any analysis of note. There's a lot of decent, up and coming journalists in football that offer a lot more these days, and she's just one of them.

And it's not a Sky show, it's PL & UCL Review TV, a YouTube channel.

Last edited:
It's Melissa Reddy. She's actually an excellent football journalist (a senior football correspondent at the Independent, currently). She's South African, hence the accent.

As for why she's talking about Spurs, why not? She offered more than most male pundits on TV right now. The token appointments are former players who can just about string a sentence together, and barely offer any analysis of note. There's a lot of decent, up and coming journalists in football that offer a lot more these days, and she's just one of them.

And it's not a Sky show, it's PL & UCL Review TV, a YouTube channel.
It seemed as though as had a link to Spurs. but I didn't know who she was so couldn't figure out why.
If it's an ex player you know why he's talking about a club or why they're talking the way they are about a club.
But the trend of chucking women none of us know on and not explaining what angle they're coming from muddies the viewing experience IMO

It seemed as though as had a link to Spurs. but I didn't know who she was so couldn't figure out why.
If it's an ex player you know why he's talking about a club or why they're talking the way they are about a club.
But the trend of chucking women none of us know on and not explaining what angle they're coming from muddies the viewing experience IMO
Well you're coming into it having just watched one clip, rather than watching the show regularly, I guess. I don't really care who it is if they're offering analysis worth listening to.

Back
Top Bottom