#11 - Tottenham! Tottenham!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
A bumper edition of the podcast this week; we welcome back Ricky and Spooky, we’ve got Spurs legends print give-away, Manchester City away previewed, Windy drops the knowledge, 1882 question time special and we find out if anyone can claim to be a Big Dog.

Fab Four: Flav, Ricky, Spooky & Thelonious.

Love The Shirt.

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this was a very enjoyable pod, thanks for that.

I found the 1882 bit to be very interesting, just because of the situation I'm in as a fan in North America. The sports experience we have through franchise-based leagues and ownership groups eager to milk the fans for literally every possible penny without any concern about the team, or the fans, is very, very foreign to the world you guys have. I get the sentiment behind the AMF issue, and I really get what 1882 is trying to do. But as bad as things may have gotten, it's still miles better than anything on this side of the Atlantic.

Is there an element of supporter's groups being co-opted by clubs? Quite likely. But it's a double-edged thing, and the fans do have power in that relationship. Through the Supporter's Trust and 1882 you're able to ensure that the club remains accountable to the fans, and respond to your needs. And the club needs you more than you need them, as the overseas fans strongly identify with the local fans, and live through them vicariously. I realize that someone will be quite likely to slag me off or brush this off, but it's a quite obvious truth. Football fan culture, through the chants, organized movements, and general passion and energy is something envied elsewhere. It's a big part of the draw, and the clubs know it, even if they won't admit it publicly.

So please don't get too discouraged, I think you guys are doing something quite impressive, and it effects real change, even if it's hard to see from where you are.

Good debate on 1882.
With regards to people expecting matters on the pitch to be the catalyst for a great crowd atmosphere-Barcelona and Madrid regularly trounce pretty much every team in the league and have some of the best players in the world ever to watch every week. Go to a live game though and the atmosphere is dogshit (unless it's a Clasico or later CL game)

It starts with the fans. Keep it up. Fuck the haters

I am at work and just took a crap(not middle stall, I'm not a big dog). Some dude came in and took a sit down pee. There was No fucks given by that guy.he is the master of big doggin IMO

Back
Top Bottom