2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess, however, that the decision "to drop the colour yellow" is up for interpretation as no specific details were given. It certainly means it's not present in print or online media but it is a bit of a flimsy rebrand if it allows it to intrude onto our classic white and navy kits too.
Kits, after all, are our uniform - the brand itself is represented to millions worldwide on TV, newspapers, magazines by the players and staff wearing the uniform. To allow yellow onto it really goes against the rebrand.

Working in this field for sometime, though, I know that those making calls on kit choice can very well be detatched from those who agreed the dropping of yellow in the rebrand. Unfortunately consistency is lost due to some people's lack of involvement in everything to do with the clubs image. In my experience anyway.

Yellow is massively part of our clubs colours.......red however is a travesty
If yellow is that massive, then surely it would have been on every home kit we've ever had?

White and blue for me mate. Yellow sticks out like a sore thumb.

If the sponsors are too good to refuse, but are also red, what can you do?

Whereas, you can definitely have some input from the fans surely, on whether certain colours should be used on the kit?

If yellow is that massive, then surely it would have been on every home kit we've ever had?

White and blue for me mate. Yellow sticks out like a sore thumb.

If the sponsors are too good to refuse, but are also red, what can you do?

Whereas, you can definitely have some input from the fans surely, on whether certain colours should be used on the kit?

Your heart clearly doesnt go "whoooooooaaaaaaaaah".

index.php

If it's 'istory we're talking about, then surely the 125 Anniversary Light blue & white half-and-half kit should be incorporated into our home kits?
However, seeing as the White & Navy is now firmly established as our home colours, then it would seem that the various light blue away kits we've had would be the next most 'Historical' option...

Yellow is just an obvious colour contrast that seems to have stuck down the years...

(but I am a big fan of Navy tops/White shorts as the most simple away kit... always have been!)

If it's 'istory we're talking about, then surely the 125 Anniversary Light blue & white half-and-half kit should be incorporated into our home kits?
However, seeing as the White & Navy is now firmly established as our home colours, then it would seem that the various light blue away kits we've had would be the next most 'Historical' option...

Yellow is just an obvious colour contrast that seems to have stuck down the years...

(but I am a big fan of Navy tops/White shorts as the most simple away kit... always have been!)

You make an excellent point regarding the prevalence of each color in the historical tradition.

I for one do quite like yellow in our scheme, as long as it's minimal. It shouldn't be anywhere near the home kit, and I thought all the training gear looked fantastic in 2012/13 when it was entirely white and navy. As long as the color of the yellow or light blue sticks to one kit, and is used in trim in the other alternative I have no problem with it. I believe white and navy alone should be used everywhere else though, as they're are only true colors that identify our club. Otherwise it almost appears as though an identity crisis if we constantly have new colors showing up on different things including the stadium and store. White and navy, a 3rd used for fucking around a bit on an alternative kit, that's it for me.

Truth is we have had yellow as an away kit for years. I remember early 70's (sadly) and we had scarfs around our wrists not dissimilar to Dirty Fucking Leeds. Yellow isn't new.

Personally I like the yellow. Quite a bit actually. I wish it could be the third every year if given the choice of one color. I just have my own preference for the extent through which it pops up our items that represent us, including gear and stadium.

Personally I like the yellow. Quite a bit actually. I wish it could be the third every year if given the choice of one color. I just have my own preference for the extent through which it pops up our items that represent us, including gear and stadium.
Yeah. If limited to third kit then fine. Marketing wins out every time though I guess.

I think the consensus amongst supporters is that underarmor did a good job in the first two years. I personably think so. I still wouldn't mind getting a long sleeve from last year. Have this year's home. The rumored kits that are popping out now are just so damn ugly that I just can't seem them being UA products. It'd be going against the trend of quality Spurs shirts by them. Plus, it just doesn't look like their aesthetic. They have a clear style just like there's a nike or adidas style. And those shirts don't fit it, to me.

Back
Top Bottom