2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't like it very much but I think 2005/6
$_35.JPG

and

2009/10
735960_01_Puma_Tottenham_Hotspur_Home_Jersey_2009_2010_zm.jpg

were worse maybe

05/06 was an aborted fetus.

09/10 was nowhere near as bad. I never liked the red in the Mansion logo, but it's better than AIA's repulsive one.

I fucking hate AIA's logo. It looks like a 13 year old designed it in 1997. Nevermind the color, the font is absolutely horrendous. Can you fucking imagine if they get naming rights to the new stadium? Fuck me, they would risk the place getting burned down if they put that diaster of a logo up.

05/06 was an aborted fetus.

09/10 was nowhere near as bad. I never liked the red in the Mansion logo, but it's better than AIA's repulsive one.

I fucking hate AIA's logo. It looks like a 13 year old designed it in 1997. Nevermind the color, the font is absolutely horrendous. Can you fucking imagine if they get naming rights to the new stadium? Fuck me, they would risk the place getting burned down if they put that diaster of a logo up.

From a design standpoint 2009 is unbearably bad. From the random wingdings all over the place to the yellow pit stain design to the horrible and LARGE sponsor logo with THREE fonts.... fuck that Mansion shit. AIA logo is fine enough... it's 3 letters... just wish it weren't red.

I honestly dont hold much disdain for any of our kits, nor do I the proposed new ones. I genuinely associate the kit with how we played that season, last years kit was lovely looking but it only serves to remind me what an abortion of a season last year was. The 'piss stain' one always makes me happy though, played sexy football that year, there was quite a bit of lumping it to Crouch but still enjoyable lumping, and the Rambo esque ending to that season beating the evil money bags Citeh made it all the sweeter. Bloody hell we were media darlings then, not every pundit wanted us to die so much, heady days.

I honestly dont hold much disdain for any of our kits, nor do I the proposed new ones. I genuinely associate the kit with how we played that season, last years kit was lovely looking but it only serves to remind me what an abortion of a season last year was. The 'piss stain' one always makes me happy though, played sexy football that year, there was quite a bit of lumping it to Crouch but still enjoyable lumping, and the Rambo esque ending to that season beating the evil money bags Citeh made it all the sweeter. Bloody hell we were media darlings then, not every pundit wanted us to die so much, heady days.
I agree with this for the most part. But speaking from a pure aesthetic standpoint I loathe the 2009/10 kits, but they trigger pure joy when I see them due to memories of that season.

I agree with this for the most part. But speaking from a pure aesthetic standpoint I loathe the 2009/10 kits, but they trigger pure joy when I see them due to memories of that season.
I know it's an odd thing for a shirt to evoke emotion but it does stay with you, wether you're fond of the shirt. The 09/10 instantly takes me back to BAE scoring that screamer past Liverpool first game of the season.

From a design standpoint 2009 is unbearably bad. From the random wingdings all over the place to the yellow pit stain design to the horrible and LARGE sponsor logo with THREE fonts.... fuck that Mansion shit. AIA logo is fine enough... it's 3 letters... just wish it weren't red.
You've cracked the code, the more fonts the higher we finish :freundgoal:

I think this is the worst Spurs home kit, navy sleeves can f**k right off...

gptc.jpg

Absolute bumwipes.

Not the kit, the dissing of it - apart from the red logo this kit was class, navy sleeves as smart as and shirt fitted like a beaut.

As for the leaks of this seasons, yes they're not great, but they are Tottenham Hotspur and I'll love them (or even grow to) particularly if we have a season to remember (for the right reasons).

Get over it you nonces!
As long as it's not red with white sleeves I'll be backing the lads whatever the trim, cuffs or logo.

Is this shirt pretty much what everyone is expecting the final design to be? I initially thought it looked horrible but it looks better than before. I still have a feeling when the shirt is officially unveiled it will look different from this.
Bq4Ao2NIYAAgSTN.jpg:large

I agree, I think potentially it could look quite smart when actually worn.

Yeah yeah red logo is pants blah blah-de-blah, but as long as it's not the actual shirt colour it doesn't matter (the red that is)

It will certainly look better on, than just bunged on willy nilly some spotty teenagers crusty cum stained duvet.

Does anyone remember last year if we knew with as much "certainty" what our actual kit was going to be?
Contrary to what's been said, one of the release images done the rounds about a month before the kit launch, I distinctly remeber because I made a tit of myself by claiming it was fake (because it was photoshopped onto an existing image) turns out that's what they do.

Back
Top Bottom