2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah, seems i've inadvertently jumped sides with my gentle sarcasm... I'm all for plain is beautiful nostalgia... the less, the better in my book. Lily-White Shirt, bit of Navy trim with a Cock and i'm happy!
Agreed, the simplicity is elegant. Also matches how we're starting to play.

Stick with UA. They're a massive brand in the states.

So..? It's about the money they offer, nothing else. UA being a massive brand in the US doesn't mean we're going to somehow benefit. Even if it did somehow attract new fans, the shirt sales would be negligible.

Woolwich get £30 mil a year with Puma.
Liverpool get £25 mil a year with Warrior
Chelsea get £30 mil a year with Adidas
Man Utd get £70 mil a year with Adidas
Tottenham get £10 mil a year with Under Armour

I can accept we won't get as much as United or Chelsea, but offering us less than half of what Liverpool get? Just to compare, Newcastle and Villa get around £10mil and I don't see Liverpool or Woolwich as vastly bigger clubs than us. Unless they improve their bid to a minimum of £20 million, if not more, I'd move.

Last edited:
So..? It's about the money they offer, nothing else. UA being a massive brand in the US doesn't mean we're going to somehow benefit from new fans and even if we did the difference this would make in terms of millions would be negligible.

I can accept we won't get as much as United or Chelsea, but offering us less than half of what Liverpool get? Just to compare, Newcastle and Villa get around £10mil and I don't see Liverpool or Woolwich as vastly bigger clubs than us. Unless they improve their bid to a minimum of £20 million, if not more, I'd move.

The clubs that get more then us like Liverpool do so because they are massive worldwide in comparison to spurs. We are late to the party but theres still time to get those foreign dollars.

The clubs that get more then us like Liverpool do so because they are massive worldwide in comparison to spurs. We are late to the party but theres still time to get those foreign dollars.

I understand this, hence the comment about being a bigger club. But even so, 'bigger' to the point of being worth an extra £15 million per year?

We play the most games in England and we're constantly on TV due to Europa games. This could provide companies with huge exposure and some what makes up for the gap in global awareness. We also have the most supporter clubs in America, not exactly a bad market to tap into for a sports wear company. Not to mention we often have star players whose faces get plastered everywhere; the summer Bale was sold you couldn't get away from him (or the shirt) and Kane will be the face of the Premier League, all going well.

I just think we're getting undercut.

Just paused for a moment to chuckle at the thought of someone giving us 10m pounds for the privilege of manufacturing our shirts and us complaining about being undercut.

Money is fucking crazy in this game, ha.

So..? It's about the money they offer, nothing else. UA being a massive brand in the US doesn't mean we're going to somehow benefit. Even if it did somehow attract new fans, the shirt sales would be negligible.

But we can't compete with those clubs in terms of exposure. When our contract runs and we're in the CL I think staying with UA would mean a serious increase in how much we get.

UA have serious money and we'll be their first big investment into getting more European exposure.

Of course this is mainly conjecture but it wouldn't surprise me.

Genuine question - so long it's not red - and realistically we know it's going to be white/blue etc - why do people care?

Quick question, do you care what the clothes you wear look like? A lot of fans buy the shirt, so how it looks is obviously going to matter. 35,000 people wearing a nice shirt looks great, you may want to be a part of it. 35,000 people wearing a clowns turd doesn't look quite so nice.

Having a shit shirt also gets you slated on commentary for an entire year. People are still talking about how shit Newcastle's away kit is.

335128d1366904813t-abreyy-kit-request-tottenham_1.png

A hint of Pat Jennings about this one

Back
Top Bottom