2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ladies-cup-final-date-040315/
I know it's been discussed before, but 1882 at a ladies' match would be great to see IMO. And they've got into a cup final, what better opportunity could there be?! Especially if it's a decent venue...
Too much hassle. Whilst I am sure the ladies would get the banter and the irony of some of the chants, the Guardian propaganda machine would go into overdrive. We would become the worst people in history, even worse than ISIS.

Too much hassle. Whilst I am sure the ladies would get the banter and the irony of some of the chants, the Guardian propaganda machine would go into overdrive. We would become the worst people in history, even worse than ISIS.
We really don't know what either - none of us have any idea about the women in the team. What if one of them's had a really nasty history with harassment and then gets subjected to inappropriate chanting? You can't just assume it'll be seen as "banter". 1882 is about supporting the team, and I'd love it if we could do that for the Women's side, but I fear people would end up actually making it harder for them.

We really don't know what either - none of us have any idea about the women in the team. What if one of them's had a really nasty history with harassment and then gets subjected to inappropriate chanting? You can't just assume it'll be seen as "banter". 1882 is about supporting the team, and I'd love it if we could do that for the Women's side, but I fear people would end up actually making it harder for them.
I agree which why I said it would be too much hassle. But what is the difference between chanting at the Woolwich youth player about paedophiles? What if one of them was sexual abused? Also I am slightly confused by what you mean by harassment. You mean insulting? I was talking about ironic chants like 'get back in the kitchen'. Are you talking about 'does she take it up the ass' type chants? Also I don't consider women weak individuals with no agency who need to be protected by men. But hey maybe that it just me.

Btw I don't sing any of these chants.

Didn't realize it was on ITV, will definitely watch it on that instead Chelsea TV link.

Oh just seen Marcus Edwards on the bench, excited to see him

Back
Top Bottom