2022 Summer Transfer window: The Vote

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you rate the Transfer Window

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Thomas

Former serial trophy winners 🏆
So the annual poll

Fairly simple.

0/10 would be 2018 levels of incompetence.
5/10 would be the bare minimum required to keep us competitive
10/10 would obviously equate to THE perfect window

I'll keep the poll anonymous so everyone can vote without the fear of the lynch mob.

You can also change your vote for the next 48 hours in case of any last minute surprises and also to allow some time for quiet reflection following any possible knee jerking response.

I think that's a pretty fair summarisation with out any biased input from myself. Be interesting to see how it unfolds.

primary-day-polling-place.gif

Oh. I nearly forgot. I've put an 11/10 option their for the benefit of the numerous members who gave the Rodon / Doherty / Hart window the perfect 10.

Ivan Perisic - Upgrades LWB
Fraser Forster - Upgrade on Gollini
Bissouma - Upgrade on Winks
Richarlison - Upgrade on Bergwijn
Djed Spence - To be confirmed
Destiny Udogie - To be confirmed
Cristian Romero - Best centre back in the squad
Dejan Kulusevski - Shown his worth
Clement Lenglet - Upgrade on Rodon

Based on the signings we've made and improvements to our team. I'll give it a 7.

We'll see how that changes over the course of the season. I probably would have given the 2019-20 transfer window higher than that based on the signings we made and looking back we all know how that went.

If Richarlison can net goals for us, Spence can gradually win that right wing back spot, Bissouma can nail down his spot and perform at a high level each week, Perisic continues his form, Romero and Kulusevski continue showing their quality and we can get performances from Lenglet when called upon, then it may just get bumped up to an 8. Depending on whether we win anything and the impact those players have, it may even go up to a 9.

The fact we've managed to move on Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Reguilon, Bergwijn and any others that we simply didn't want is also great business.

Based on the signings we've made and improvements to our team. I'll give it a 7.

We'll see how that changes over the course of the season. I probably would have given the 2019-20 transfer window higher than that based on the signings we made and looking back we all know how that went.

If Richarlison can net goals for us, Spence can gradually win that right wing back spot, Bissouma can nail down his spot and perform at a high level each week, Perisic continues his form, Romero and Kulusevski continue showing their quality and we can get performances from Lenglet when called upon, then it may just get bumped up to an 8. Depending on whether we win anything and the impact those players have, it may even go up to a 9.

The fact we've managed to move on Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Reguilon, Bergwijn and any others that we simply didn't want is also great business.
Fair summarisation. Although hindsight is of course a wonderful thing.

Which is why the idea of the poll is to gain a snapshot of how people feel when the window closes.

7 is about fair. The window has to be taken into context with our rivals as that is who we are competing with.

Got 3 top draw players in Bissouma, Perisic and Richarlison. Got a few potential good players in Spence and Lenglet, Forster also is a good back up.

For the window to get an 8-9 I think another top CB and attacker. We are short these two.

For a 10 out of 10 then Conte and Kane signing new deals. The perfect window.

If we are judging this window in a wider context then it comes down to Conte. Conte is not historically a project manager he is a rev the team to full and win then leave manager.

Now if he follows that trend the window isn’t good enough becuase we probably aren’t in a position to challenge City for the title which would be the aim of a short term Conte, we are probably 3-5 elite players away from that.

However if he is changing and willing to build over time then the window is pretty good, it makes a big start on reaching higher.

This is fundamental to the club. We are buying players for HIS system, if he leaves in 1-2 years and we get say Potter we then need to rebuild, Potter needs AM’s for a start. So we start the rebuild all over again. Therefore this window is either good or not good enough depending on what the situation with Conte is.

Let’s put it this way, if Conte signs a 3-4 year deal, this window becomes vastly better as we can aim long term to build a team suitable for his way of playing.

7/10. Part of the way there and some quality imports purchased quickly as requested. One of the best transfer windows I can recall.

A couple more windows to go, like Conte says, and then the parts should be in place to challenge for real.

I am really glad it’s over today and we can get back to the football.

6/10
We have probably upgraded the squad but disappointed we haven’t signed more first choice players (as of yet).

Bit of stretch including Kulu and Romero in this summer window.

we pretty much did the bare minimum that a team pushing for top 4 would want to achieve - gave Conte a bench, something he didn't have last year.

- we made a major improvement at LWB but other than that, the rest will have to prove themselves to get into the starting XI.
- Tanganga and Bryan Gil miss a year of development, something both needed desperately in my opinion.
- We failed to get a starting CB and a RWB that would have taken us to the next level.

6/10 for me, if we managed to sell most of the deadwood instead of endless loans then maybe it would have got a 7/10 but yeah, slightly underwhelming given the hype of the 150m injection back in May. Time will really tell how well Spurs did this window, though.

Last edited:
Impossible to give it a rating until we see the signings perform.

Perisic is an upgrade. Bissouma too.

At this rate we may never know about the rest.

I’m more concerned with Conte’s view on the players brought in. Seems to have very little confidence in any except Perry. Either that or a stubborn belief in last years group

Back
Top Bottom