#22 - Sweet Carrolline

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Happy New Year listeners, we kick off with a round-up of the festive fixtures, Tom Carroll goes under the microscope and we talk title hopes. Windy drops the knowledge. The January Transfer Window™ is now open so we revisit the Berahino saga, the Leicester City FA cup game is previewed, and what are Harry Kane's new years resolutions.

Flav, Alex From Bristol, Thelonious & Windy

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Very surprised to hear you all think Wimmer will be loaned out, I would say it's highly unlikely as would leave us well short of cover at centre back.

If anything, with Fazio likely to go, we should be keeping Wimmer and bringing in another centre back.

Very surprised to hear you all think Wimmer will be loaned out, I would say it's highly unlikely as would leave us well short of cover at centre back.

If anything, with Fazio likely to go, we should be keeping Wimmer and bringing in another centre back.
I don't recall us saying that at all, it's been rumoured he'll get loaned out, but we'd rather bin off Fazio and keep Wimmer at Spurs.

I think I'm going senile if we said otherwise. :memeokay:

FWIW, I don't want him loaned out, but, before the Euros, he will want to get games in. Hopefully he'll get a run out on Sunday, he's not even being named in squads, so I can understand why it's being mooted. Fazio's gotta go.

FWIW, I don't want him loaned out, but, before the Euros, he will want to get games in. Hopefully he'll get a run out on Sunday, he's not even being named in squads, so I can understand why it's being mooted. Fazio's gotta go.

I don't think him not being on the bench is any reflection of his standing in the squad, just that a centre back is a wasted sub when Dier is able to drop back if there's an injury.

My point is two-fold:

It's bad for him to be not playing any football. He is going backwards right now. I'd rather him get 5 months of football than none.
If we were going to give him games, the early Europa League matches would have been ideal. He only played in 2 (and 1 League Cup). Had he played all of those, we would probably be in a position to give him some league game time now. As it is, it would almost certainly be Dier dropping back in should Alderweireld or Vertonghen get injured.

My point is two-fold:

It's bad for him to be not playing any football. He is going backwards right now. I'd rather him get 5 months of football than none.
If we were going to give him games, the early Europa League matches would have been ideal. He only played in 2 (and 1 League Cup). Had he played all of those, we would probably be in a position to give him some league game time now. As it is, it would almost certainly be Dier dropping back in should Alderweireld or Vertonghen get injured.

I think the club needs to be selfish and think about how best to compete than worry about a players development, I know that's counter productive long term as no players will progress.....but we really need to finish in the top 4.

Can we rely on a centre half with zerio premier league experience with the business end of the season coming up? Loaning Wimmer to a PL club for the remainder of the season would surely allow him to get to grips with the PL so he is ready to go as and when he is needed next season?

Good pod, Alex From Bristol needs to chill though. He's like the geeky kid at school you let come to one of your sleepovers and is way too enthusiastic.

#shotsfired

Back
Top Bottom