23/24 season fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Uh no. You can’t afford throw away 6 pointers. Granted we probably won’t be competing for top 4 but still.

Especially Chelsea. They probably will be near us in the table.
OK, let's leave Chelsea for later, but the other 5 would be great trial-by-fire. Imagine we have easy matches to start out with, do very well, and then get run over by City or Pool. Would rather we get run over earlier rather than later, so Ange can adjust based on playing the top teams, not the mid-table ones.

OK, let's leave Chelsea for later, but the other 5 would be great trial-by-fire. Imagine we have easy matches to start out with, do very well, and then get run over by City or Pool. Would rather we get run over earlier rather than later, so Ange can adjust based on playing the top teams, not the mid-table ones.
I don’t think it really matters but just my opinion.

There’s an argument for the tough matches first being beneficial (catch them off guard) and an argument for the easy matches first (build up confidence). Then there’s arguments against both as well (tough ones first could destroy confidence/easy ones first could mean dropped points). It’s close to a wash and more important than any of that is that ange and the players start to build a cohesive strategy.

I get how we're away the first game (we were at home first game last season, after all) but how the fuck are we away on the final day AS WELL?

surely that's a disadvantage? Cos you know who are home on the first AND The last games... That doesn't even make mathematical sense!

I get how we're away the first game (we were at home first game last season, after all) but how the fuck are we away on the final day AS WELL?

surely that's a disadvantage? Cos you know who are home on the first AND The last games... That doesn't even make mathematical sense!
Well you see, the other 36 games, we are at home 19 and away 17… and Woolwich (who I’m guessing you are referring to) are home 17 and away 19. So we have an advantage over those 36 games and they only have an advantage over the other 2 games!

Well you see, the other 36 games, we are at home 19 and away 17… and Woolwich (who I’m guessing you are referring to) are home 17 and away 19. So we have an advantage over those 36 games and they only have an advantage over the other 2 games!
Had a little peruse of our fixtures, and I assume we'll have more 'consecutive home games' than them, which I assume is deemed an advantage?
Except 2 of those consecutive home games are against Man City & Arse... and Man City is on FA Cup Semi Final weekend, so there's quite the chance it would be moved anyway....

Point being, you can't dictate who's gonna be doing well enough in the latter stages of the season to worry about whether fixtures will be moved, but you CAN cement the first and final games of the season fairly, so that if you play the first away, you'd almost certainly expect to play the final game at home... No?

Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd are split evenly away/home or home/away on the first and final day...

Funnily enough, Arse & Chelsea play at home on BOTH...

.... we're away on both...

Fucking funny that, innit?

Had a little peruse of our fixtures, and I assume we'll have more 'consecutive home games' than them, which I assume is deemed an advantage?
Except 2 of those consecutive home games are against Man City & Arse... and Man City is on FA Cup Semi Final weekend, so there's quite the chance it would be moved anyway....

Point being, you can't dictate who's gonna be doing well enough in the latter stages of the season to worry about whether fixtures will be moved, but you CAN cement the first and final games of the season fairly, so that if you play the first away, you'd almost certainly expect to play the final game at home... No?

Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd are split evenly away/home or home/away on the first and final day...

Funnily enough, Arse & Chelsea play at home on BOTH...

.... we're away on both...

Fucking funny that, innit?
The first and final fixtures being more valuable than the rest is a load of crock. Even if you count us, brentford, and Villa fighting for 7th, the last game of the season had meaning for only 6 clubs last season and was pointless for the other 14.

If you are 4 points ahead with 1 to play because of a favorable schedule up to that point, the final fixture means nothing. It might be a nice experience for supporters at the matches but that’s it.

There's a practical logic at play here, but at the same time.....

Hypothetically starting the season with 6 losses to all the big cheeses would be an brutal position to try to bounce back from psychologically..... Theoretically you could end up 7, 8, 9, 10 without a win if you didn't bounce straight back and have everything start to click after the initial tough 'lessons'. Would seriously test the resolve of any good will we seek to afford Ange.

+ Don't care how shit we are; NLD is war. I can't be that pragmatic about them.

Gentle-ish start... Get some points on the board and treat the trickle of bigger games as progress markers sounds a lot more preferable to me.

Hypothetically starting the season with 6 losses to all the big cheeses would be an brutal position to try to bounce back from psychologically..... Theoretically you could end up 7, 8, 9, 10 without a win if you didn't bounce straight back and have everything start to click after the initial tough 'lessons'. Would seriously test the resolve of any good will we seek to afford Ange.

Gentle-ish start... Get some points on the board and treat the trickle of bigger games as progress markers sounds a lot more preferable to me.
I don't think we would start with 6 losses. Might get 4-5 points out of those fixtures. And if the ones we lose are 3-2s or 4-3s, I think there would be plenty to be excited about. Also, don't forget that Ange is a stand-up manager. If the players follow his instructions, he will shoulder the blame and take the pressure off them. And I'm sure he will point out the positives and the progress and keep the mood upbeat. If it was Conte, I would have fears of a death spiral, but not with someone as positive as Postecoglou.

Wait a minute. Aren't we one of the six big cheeses?

The first and final fixtures being more valuable than the rest is a load of crock. ...the final fixture means nothing. It might be a nice experience for supporters at the matches but that’s it.
That's what I was thinking of... A NICE EXPERIENCE for Supporters.... imagine that? Being ALLOWED to have a nice experience at either the beginning, or the end of the season?

I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but that's the point, it's not necessarily the fact we might win... it's having the chance, as fans, to enjoy the quite nice ritual of experiencing a first or final game of the season at home....
For many young fans, the first game of the season is a rite of passage...

It's the anticipation, the early season optimism, the excitement of going to a game on a bright August (or May) afternoon at a home game to open or close the season.... we all know the excitement won't last, but for one day a season, it's quite nice!

Never mind, we won't be able to do that next season, but Woolwich and Chelsea get to do it twice... so good for them! Thass all.

Last edited:
Anyone bought single match tickets or on the exchange for the big Cat A matches since the new stadium opened? We were previously looking at a trip to London in early November but the only match is Chelsea, don't know how easily I'd be able to get tickets. Would prefer not to sit up in the gods. Same concerns with a 2nd April trip for the City-Woolwich double feature, meant to gauge the exchange this past season but I ended up so depressed about the Conte trainwreck I stopped caring.

Alternatively looking at the beginning of December, confident I can get Spam and Newcastle. Or over the holidays, Everton and Bournemouth.

Last edited:
Anyone bought single match tickets or on the exchange for the big Cat A matches since the new stadium opened? We were previously looking at a trip to London in early November but the only match is Chelsea, don't know how easily I'd be able to get tickets. Would prefer not to sit up in the gods. Same concerns with a 2nd April trip for the City-Woolwich double feature, meant to gauge the exchange this past season but I ended up so depressed about the Conte trainwreck I stopped caring.

Alternatively looking at the beginning of December, confident I can get Spam and Newcastle. Or over the holidays, Everton and Bournemouth.
There will always be ST holders who can’t attend a match so yes, even Cat A matches will appear on the exchange, but when is anyone guess. You just have to keep checking.

Almost all of the big US City Spurs supporters clubs have ex-pats with season tickets that sell them on.
You can reach out to them (using your local supporters club if necessary) and see if you get a bite. They all have websites, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

There will always be ST holders who can’t attend a match so yes, even Cat A matches will appear on the exchange, but when is anyone guess. You just have to keep checking.

Almost all of the big US City Spurs supporters clubs have ex-pats with season tickets that sell them on.
You can reach out to them (using your local supporters club if necessary) and see if you get a bite. They all have websites, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Thanks, to clarify my primary aim is to buy the tickets direct as single match tickets. Not sure how difficult it is in the new stadium to do that, just remember it being practically impossible for the big Cat A matches in WHL.

Thanks, to clarify my primary aim is to buy the tickets direct as single match tickets. Not sure how difficult it is in the new stadium to do that, just remember it being practically impossible for the big Cat A matches in WHL.
Very easy on the exchange. Always tickets available.

Back
Top Bottom