23/24 season fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought we’d either be playing at NWHL or away from home first up. Looks like my assumption was correct. Also looks like we’re playing every side home and away during the course of the season. Seems fairly balanced on that basis.

:nunothumb:

I was thinking just the same thing…..

logical-mr-spock.gif

Have to wonder how nobody at the premier league looked at our run-in and thought that was reasonable???

After forest H, we play 3 title challengers straight.

No sure I've seen that before for any team.

Last season the scum had the easiest fixtures as per this article by the athletic, they still have an easy run but newcastle have the hardest start. Chelsea have the easiest, then Man City, then us then the scum.

our summary

Tottenham Hotspur​

Ange Postecoglou has been drafted in to fix Tottenham, who had a miserable campaign last season.

He will look at his opening run as a kindness. They face two newly-promoted teams and just one who finished in the top four last season.

It’s Brentford, Manchester United, Bournemouth, Burnley and Sheffield United to start the season. Postecoglou will be looking to provide some hope in that opening run.

Fixtures: Brentford, Manchester United, Bournemouth, Burnley, Sheffield United

Have to wonder how nobody at the premier league looked at our run-in and thought that was reasonable???

They should have European quarter and semi finals to be dealing with. We get to spend more time with rest and recovery.

They will have more injuries and be more tired too.

All in our favour.

I think Brentford is a good test.

They're predominantly a sit back and counter team. Pretty much what Ange would have dealt with during his entire tenure at Celtic.

I'm sure it's happened more recently than I can remember but when was the last time we played Woolwich at home before we played them away? Seems like we're away first every fucken season
Just looked into and think it happened in the Covid closed door season. But before that got to go back to 2011..

First 4 games gives us a great chance to get a bit of momentum. People will say it’s difficult which of course every game is but if we aren’t confident about Brentford,Utd,Bournemouth and Burnley then we are tucked. It’s crazy how a season can be built so early.

Fuck me. I’m glad I don’t employ half of you lot. Bunch of fucking negative Nancy’s. Man the fuck up.

Don’t worry about what you can’t control. Focus on what’s in front of you. Who gives a shit about woolwich. Well most of you lot clearly.

But as I remember it the nuno season we were top played 3 won 3 and they were bottom played 3 lost 3.
I have no idea who they played.

Does that make you happy? Pointless fucking stat really.

Que sera sera.

:tobyarm: :tobyarm: :tobyarm:

Luckily we are out of Europe and will be out of the domestic cups early , this will allow us to be fresh as a daisy for these games . Whilst the competition will have the unnecessary, total waste of time burden of challenging for the league , European Glory and domestic cup success . Who knows, some of their players and management might also be distracted by thinking about rewarding their fans with an open top bus parade and all that goes with it . Again no such distractions for us , the admin staff can get on with planning our next pre season tour of 3 games in Saudi Arabia.

liam neeson i love when a plan comes together GIF

Pretty good start tbh.

I'd rather play Man Utd first game at home of the season with a lively atmosphere than on a crappy Wednesday night in January.

Other three games are winnable on paper.

Me too. I assumed we’d finally be home again for the last game when I saw the first fixture. What a load of shit!
I think the reason we've been playing at home the last couple of years or so, is that we have to play two consecutive away in October. When our stadium is given over to American football.

Back
Top Bottom