#27 - Pray For Frodo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Flav returns to hosting duties, we ask if we'd want to end the season now? Norwich & Watford reviewed, will the Manchester City game define our season? Windy returns to drop the knowledge on the youth. Liverpool's walkout. Bardi comes with a new quiz. The undroppables, and a mind bending question.

Hobbits: Alex From Bristol, Bardi, Flav & T

Download Episode

Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe to RSS Feed | Stitcher

Well said regarding Liverpool fan protest.

Away day strike has to be considered

West ham away £60 Tottenham charges £58 to away fans. Sure Chelsea and Woolwich are in the same post code.it Is a plain disgrace which our club is a key player.

Well said regarding Liverpool fan protest.

Away day strike has to be considered

West ham away £60 Tottenham charges £58 to away fans. Sure Chelsea and Woolwich are in the same post code.it Is a plain disgrace which our club is a key player.

Isn't it dependant on which category game it is in our case? I thought we just charged the same as a similar seat for a home fan. That was the case in the cup matches last season.

Isn't it dependant on which category game it is in our case? I thought we just charged the same as a similar seat for a home fan. That was the case in the cup matches last season.
It's a circle jerk of excuses and a plain cartel. Woolwich charges this so we charge them that so Chelsea charges this and west ham charge that.

It's a circle jerk of excuses and a plain cartel. Woolwich charges this so we charge them that so Chelsea charges this and west ham charge that.
I didn't think we charged anymore than our fans in similar seats. Do West Ham really charge their own fans £60 for restricted view tickets? Of course ticket prices are too high, but do we mug off away fans in the same way?

Cheers for answering my question. Funny that T mentioned the analogy of 'beating the game' as that's exactly how i feel. It's almost like a Spurs league win can finally release me from the curse of being obsessed with them.

(We all know it won't though)

I'd love to get a city fan's view on the topic as they went through something similar albeit in very different circumstances

Categorised games are something the twenty's plenty movement want to remove.

Last edited:
I think.k the real reason the club's. Owners do not want to give into the twenty 's plenty movement is that is sets the precedent that ticket pricing can go down.

Ok what about the serious stuff....

Bardi's valentines plans...... christ

:lloris::pochfacepalm:
A colossal miscalculation.
We did something similar for Xmas, Backyard Cinema and she loved it. Thought i could pull the same trick twice, it's back fired.

I hope Flav's right that this will be the first of many protests, long overdue, against the exploitation of fans through ticket prices - across the league.

If the premier league clubs want to rise prices til the point that matches are full of silent tourists then I think that's exactly what we should give them. An effective form of protest, one which would hit the clubs where it hurts (their TV coverage) would be an agreement for silence in the first ten minutes of all games on a given weekend. Obviously it would be hard to do and a painful measure for the fans but can you imagine how it would wake up the league to the value of the atmosphere created by the supporters?

Obviously would be hard to contain yourselves when Spurs go a few goals up in the first ten minutes though.

The fans still get to see the matches they paid through the nose for, whilst sending a strong message to those riding the gravy train.
:kaneshh::kaneshh::kaneshh:

In light of the new deal kicking in next season, no club should be putting prices up at all. If anything the pricing should go down considerably.

However these fuckers only really care about money, as the comments surrounding a possible European Super League break away show.

The problem is that they categorise away fans in the same way as home, so the away fans of the "bigger" teams are always paying a premium.

Say we charge home tickets £20 for Norwich and £50 for Liverpool, fine, we pay an average of £35.

But Liverpool are always a Cat A game, so their away fans get charged £50 for every away game at every stadium, whereas Norwich get charged £20 for the same trips.

That's the inequity - a Palace fan travelling up to St James' Park gets charged £20 whereas a Spurs fan doing the same trip gets charged £50.

Back
Top Bottom