7/26 - Ange's Bloated Squad vs Lion City Sailors FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don’t have to go to Spain mate, you can just ask me

Getting proper BMJ vibes off this guy!

I reckon he has all the likeability and no nonsense attributes that Jol had...
but WITH the addition of a winning mentality!

He's the guy right there!

Mamaaaaa, we GOT ONE!!!

Well if Kane wanna go to Bayern to win the Bundesliga with them he might aswell stay now, winning the Tiger Cup should rank about the same achievement wise.

Getting proper BMJ vibes off this guy!

I reckon he has all the likeability and no nonsense attributes that Jol had...
but WITH the addition of a winning mentality!

He's the guy right there!

Mamaaaaa, we GOT ONE!!!
If he does as well as BMJ then I would be happy.
Said before that the biggest leap we made forward as a team under current ownership was under Jol.
Just as important to our progress as Harry and Poch.

I think what I actually said was in the right set up, such as a 433 with two decent 8’s I wouldn’t hate the idea of a busy little fucker like Adams.
If you said that then it was AFTER a little back and forth. I've got receipts if you'd like them...but I suspect you've already check hence the elapsed time bw my post and this...

And that sums this place up. We really do need to be patient. I remember when Ange first went to Celtic the amount of fans were saying it was a disaster after the first few games was incredible. Then it just clicked. We have some very very good players in this squad and that include guys who were out on loan or not firing last season. It’s imperative that we go and get two top centre backs and a replacement for Kane and we will have a very exciting season.

Agreed, Posto has far better players to work with than at Celtic. He must be over the moon.

Pamela Ewing = my pre-teen/early teen super crush…

pamela-barnes-ewing-tv-characters-photo-u1

Was it all a dream…

Some thoughts:

Second half front three much more suiting to the tactics than first half front three.

Solomon better on right than left (in this game than last game - the only two games of his I have seen), seemed less inclined to keep trying that shift in and shoot, and more inclined to create something.

Once again, Emerson much better in that Ange RB/midfield remit than Porro.

It’s amazing how much better people like Lo Celso (and hopefully Ndombele) look when you play them in their correct position (L8) in the correct structure (cm3). All of a sudden you understand why we bought him, but equally the idiocy of coaches misusing him (and others) and fans then cunting him (and others off).

A manager that actually understands the value of a midfield is a good thing.

I repeat, I really like Bissouma, he definitely has a remit, and I have no fucking idea how he didn’t start nearly every game last season (when fit), and we had to watch plodders like Hoiberg Bentencourt, et cetera. But I would still like to see a proper busy cunt in that 6 role. Or at least the option of one in the squad for the nasty games.

I think there will be games when we will need to play to creative 8’s, such as Maddison , Lo Celso, and Ndombele and games where we play one pure 8, one hybrid and one pure 6. In fact we will need to mix and match all the midfielders around. But the one thing we lack is an out and out hunter gathering 6, unless Skipp becomes that (but Ange doesn’t seem to see him that way?).
I feel like Biss, Skipp, Benta, and Lo Celso all love a tackle and the first three especially have good ability to go with it.

So any two of those is enough.

Back
Top Bottom