A Call for Calm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ever since Tottenham appointed AVB the media has been waiting for it to go wrong. Even last week, after losing a closely fought game due to a penalty against a good side, articles were already suggesting that the pressure was on (just see yesterdays article in the Standard).

Today’s result will only increase that overly hysterical response.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS HESTERIA

We will improve (we have to improve) and we all know that we are still a few players away from being set for the season ahead, but this is the time to back the club and its players, and its manager and its chairman.

Forget what the papers say, just love the shirt, because that is what we have to do.

Stay positive amongst the inevitable onslaught of negativity that will be coming from all sections of the media. Its just two disappointing results and we will improve, we will carry on and it will happen soon.

COYS

Oh FFS said:
Ever since Tottenham appointed AVB the media has been waiting for it to go wrong. Even last week, after losing a closely fought game due to a penalty against a good side, articles were already suggesting that the pressure was on (just see yesterdays article in the Standard).

Today’s result will only increase that overly hysterical response.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS HESTERIA

We will improve (we have to improve) and we all know that we are still a few players away from being set for the season ahead, but this is the time to back the club and its players, and its manager and its chairman.

Forget what the papers say, just love the shirt, because that is what we have to do.

Stay positive amongst the inevitable onslaught of negativity that will be coming from all sections of the media. Its just two disappointing results and we will improve, we will carry on and it will happen soon.

COYS

tumblr_lx562b4bjB1r48wqh.gif

The press are cunts, I can see them already. Fuckers. We will smash Norwich next week!

Tucker said:
NO1JIB said:
fuck the media. but can we not, on our own forum, say it as it is ? avb is giving them the ammo by doing stupid things.

What did AVB do that was so stupid?

JENAS. for one. the dawson saga, starting livermore and sandro at home to west brom. should have started with ade, got a goal or 2 up then swapped him for defoe to hit them on the break.
defending corners and free kicks with all 11 invites pressure, with no out ball.
he needs to accept that what might work in portugal dont always work here, he got his selection arse about face today, ade would have buried at least one from our first half pressure, he give an option of high or low ball into the box from bale and lennon. defoe on after an hour as he's better on the break.
did i mention, he played jenas ?

Tucker said:
NO1JIB said:
fuck the media. but can we not, on our own forum, say it as it is ? avb is giving them the ammo by doing stupid things.

I'd say putting on Jenas wasn't his most brilliant move, however we're short in the middle and staying with the 4-4-2 would've most likely hurt us more. Personally would've liked to see Caulker on for JD and JV pushed into a very deep DM role. Said it in the match thread as the sub happened as well.

Come on we haven't got our first choice midfield at the moment. Maybe he could have started Ade, but defoe scored in his last 2 games. And I don't think playing two DMs was a bad idea. when Sandro went off WBA bossed the centre of the park. Thats why he had to bring Jenas on to try and win back the middle.

As much as I feel calm myself, I think it's a bit unfair to label NO1JLB a cunt when he's making some accurate observations. I disagree with some of his conclusions but a bit of debate about things like the midfield selection today won't go amiss.

S.L.R said:
As much as I feel calm myself, I think it's a bit unfair to label NO1JLB a cunt when he's making some accurate observations. I disagree with some of his conclusions but a bit of debate about things like the midfield selection today won't go amiss.

i am a cunt though . fucking miserable one as well.
think a lol wont go amiss.

and it's JIB, ffs.

NO1JIB said:
Tucker said:
NO1JIB said:

JENAS. for one. the dawson saga, starting livermore and sandro at home to west brom. should have started with ade, got a goal or 2 up then swapped him for defoe to hit them on the break.
defending corners and free kicks with all 11 invites pressure, with no out ball.
he needs to accept that what might work in portugal dont always work here, he got his selection arse about face today, ade would have buried at least one from our first half pressure, he give an option of high or low ball into the box from bale and lennon. defoe on after an hour as he's better on the break.
I manage a team called Hindsight United. I'm looking for a striker. You'd score loads. Fancy a game?

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, that's fine. I don't agree and think its fucking piss easy to throw stones after the fact. However, you have some good ideas, so do me a favour and get on next weeks match thread about fifteen minutes before kickoff and give us your thoughts then.

Look at the team for Norwich, let us know all you would do differently and if you're right, I'm sure you'll enjoy huge respect at full time.

NO1JIB said:

This is an exame of the sort of knee-jerk "he's to blame for everything" shit I was talking about in my OP

Oh FFS said:
This is an exame of the sort of knee-jerk "he's to blame for everything" shit I was talking about in my OP

Agreed, utter knee jerk nonsense. "that might work in portugal but not here" :avbfacepalm:

WBA are a decent side, we were never going to walk this match.

Oh FFS said:
NO1JIB said:

But you have to remember a couple of things:

1. Not everyone reacts to stuff in the same way.
2. It would be shite if we did.

It's all about the debate and everyone will have different times they will crack. Mine will probably be after an hour against Norwich when Grant fucking Holt puts them one up, yours may be later.

Doesn't make either of us right.

we should be beating wba at home, easily. ffs. wasnt as if they scored a lucky breakaway after defending for their lives for 90 mins.
yeah they beat an in turmoil scouse, and ?
last week, we deserved a draw but got done by poor defending. newcastles a tough one though. west brom at home is 3 points bread and butter for anyone looking at top 6.
we'll regret these points dropped later cos 2 points now count the same in may.

AberdeenYid said:
Oh FFS said:
NO1JIB said:

But you have to remember a couple of things:

1. Not everyone reacts to stuff in the same way.
2. It would be shite if we did.

It's all about the debate and everyone will have different times they will crack. Mine will probably be after an hour against Norwich when Grant fucking Holt puts them one up, yours may be later.

Doesn't make either of us right.

I don't disagree with you mate, I just think there is no need to over-react - especially as the media will inflate the pressure expedentially after today's result.

NO1JIB said:
we should be beating wba at home, easily. ffs. wasnt as if they scored a lucky breakaway after defending for their lives for 90 mins.
yeah they beat an in turmoil scouse, and ?
last week, we deserved a draw but got done by poor defending. newcastles a tough one though. west brom at home is 3 points bread and butter for anyone looking at top 6.
we'll regret these points dropped later cos 2 points now count the same in may.

Yeah you would say the same about Nowrich at home, but wait we lost to them at home last year and STILL finished top 4. Who would have thunk it.

And how exactly are Liverpool in turmoil? They have a new manager too, but I don't exactly see any turmoil there.

Back
Top Bottom