A thread about your auntie (Llorente)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i don't get the hype over Llorente, Bilbao had a game against an Kyriat Shmona which is a local team and they scored a draw 1-1, and i've seen him playing and he wasn't that good. prove me wrong fellow spurs, just prove me wrong.

I think he's fairly good, but will be 28 this season. That said, he'll only have 6 months left on the contract, so likely won't be all that expensive.

As far as I remember though, as aren't exactly hugely reliable

I'm not convinced Levy will buy a striker now. For that to happen he would need to have decided we no longer want either Defoe or Adebayor.

I think it would be an easy decision to leave out Defoe in favour of someone who could lead the line on his own...

It wont be an easy decision to leave out Defoe if he keeps playing as well as he has, and has scored 12-15 goals by January, cementing a working partnership with the players around him.

I think Levy may look at our league position on December 31st and make a decision then. If we are 4/5 with no injuries to Defoe or Adebayor, then I can't see him spending big, if at all.

I'd say it is more likely we'd get another VdV type player

As well as Defoe has done in a couple of games, I noticed he was back in to old habits against Villa. The difference when Ade came on was more than noticeable. Defoe, as useful as he can be, isn't ideal for what we're trying to do and, especially now Togo have qualified for the ACoN, I'd sincerely hope Levy would be looking to secure a new striker come January.

You dont spend 30M as cover for 3wks.

If we sign a striker like Llorente, it will be regardless of the ANC.

He won't cost anywhere near that though. His fee will almost be nothing since Bilbao must sell or lose him for nothing next summer. We could also agree a contract with him in Jan for free for next summer too.

He won't cost anywhere near that though. His fee will almost be nothing since Bilbao must sell or lose him for nothing next summer. We could also agree a contract with him in Jan for free for next summer too.

As has been pointed out, his wages would be huge, and if he comes next summer, it wont help us when Ade goes to the tournament, which was what I was addressing mainly..

I just can't see the point of buying a 28 year old striker who will want big £ when we have Defoe,Ade and Dempsey as an emergency backup, I don't think Levy will either unless we get him at knocked down wages.

Rather us save our money and go for a striker with a few more years in him. Alternatively a decent CAM

Going on past history we will get a 3rd choice striker to replace Adebayor when he is away. More than likely a loan.

As said, a big name striker will have big wage demands. Levy won't risk upsetting the cart by having two strikers on the bench who are losing value and wasting wages.

If we do sign someone amazing it will be as a replacement for Adebayor or Defoe - as was said above.

Just look at Levy's transfer history. Can't see him breaking it if we are in a good position.

Moutinho would be the only big name I would expect we will be after... And if you believe the rumours Levy scuppered that deliberately to appear he was after him without the 'risk' of spending money.

Far more likely a loan signing if someone from Real Madrid who isn't getting a game, or someone back from injury.

I think Mountinho is of more importance IMO
Why?

Last I saw we're doing pretty fucking well in midfield at the moment. Surely a winger is our top priority at the moment? In the area of strikers at the moment I'd prefer a promising wonderkid like Niang (just to throw a name out there) who we've been linked with in the past, who wouldn't immediately be demanding a position in the starting lineup, and who looks extremely promising for the future.

Back
Top Bottom