Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading through some of the comments has made me remember how very good he was for us tbh. Phenomenal at a time. I guess it's just because a lot of the recent 'success' has been without him
When you look at the "best games in Premier League history" and highlights stuff that everyone is showing at the moment Azza seems to do something great in pretty much all of them.

When you look at the "best games in Premier League history" and highlights stuff that everyone is showing at the moment Azza seems to do something great in pretty much all of them.
Great run for the crouch goal in Milan. Also a phenomenal touch for the tainio goal in the west ham game. Shame he never realised his potential always got people off of their seats when he ran at people.

Great run for the crouch goal in Milan. Also a phenomenal touch for the tainio goal in the west ham game. Shame he never realised his potential always got people off of their seats when he ran at people.
Agree with all of this it's just he didn't do it that often enough IMO. I found him hugely frustrating to watch, he could go games where you literally didn't know he was on the pitch, then in other games, he'd lose his 1vs1's then he'd go do something fantastic. I think he was better than Lucas but there are some similarities I feel.

Agree with all of this it's just he didn't do it that often enough IMO. I found him hugely frustrating to watch, he could go games where you literally didn't know he was on the pitch, then in other games, he'd lose his 1vs1's then he'd go do something fantastic. I think he was better than Lucas but there are some similarities I feel.
Oh for sure he had plenty of off days. But I still remember how the crowd literally rose from their seats shouting go on in anticipation when he was skinning people. Pure electrifying pace

Great goal v Mou's Chavs, 2-1 from 0-1 down. Belter of a left foot volley. First time we'd beaten them since the Titanic or something. "And we will fight for evermore, because of Guy Fawkes, er, Night ?"

Steal at £1m

Azza was class. Turned up in many big matches. Especially against the Arse. Part of the most entertaining Spurs team I’ve seen (peak Redknapp). Loved watching him. The supposed ‘never reached his peak’ stuff is bollocks. He always offered a cutting edge and pace that caused teams trouble. Little hero.

Azza was class. Turned up in many big matches. Especially against the Arse. Part of the most entertaining Spurs team I’ve seen (peak Redknapp). Loved watching him. The supposed ‘never reached his peak’ stuff is bollocks. He always offered a cutting edge and pace that caused teams trouble. Little hero.
Yeh it's easy to forget he was only 18 when he came here. Just a young lad who took some time to develop but in that Redknapp era especially he was a real menace. Still one of the quickest players i've seen with the ball in the PL. At full tilt he was rapid, no full back wanted him running at them.

My biggest memory of him was him scoring a last minute winner against Liverpool at The Lane when Hodgson was their manager after we hadn't put in a great performance.

If memory serves he essentially skinned their defence to score it.

Yeh it's easy to forget he was only 18 when he came here. Just a young lad who took some time to develop but in that Redknapp era especially he was a real menace. Still one of the quickest players i've seen with the ball in the PL. At full tilt he was rapid, no full back wanted him running at them.
Yeah, I remember Walcott getting all the praise above him at the time, except Aaron actually had end product, where Walcott would more often that not run fast then fall over.

Back
Top Bottom