Acceptable netspend this summer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or if this isn't about silverware what are the other reasons as to why we should be prioritizing these?

You’ve been told a thousand times by many different people. Please stop bringing up the same point over and over again. It’s not your viewpoint that gets you banned, it’s the repetition.

That's simply not true because they haven't targeted correctly have they? Fabio and Keita haven't produced and have had spells out of the squad, whilst Allison has been nothing more than decent. Why would the narrative be about how they have targeted correctly when virtually none of those players have contributed to their improvement this season? Their existing players have stepped up a level - no one in the media is referencing those players - it is about the likes of Mane, Van Dijk and Salah, it is about how Klopp was financially supported last year - it is about the spend.

As for Klopp, well I think it is quite clear that he is a level of above Pochettino - compare their respective careers and just look how they have progressed beyond us despite the squads now being comparable. Klop's is the driver behind their improvement this season because it is largely the same team as last season.

With regards to the financials - well in this thread you subscribe to the notion that the domestic cups are not a pririoty, that the focus in your view is rightly on the PL and CL. Fine but why - outline the reason - should we expect the club to be winning league titles or European cups now? And why have't we won those tournaments yet? Or if this isn't about silverware what are the other reasons as to why we should be prioritizing these?
Read my fucking posts AGAIN. I'm fucking agreeing with you (mostly) about their purchases you fucking idiot! I'm saying that despite what I or YOU think the narrative is they bought well, read the press, listen to the media, it's literally all they talk about (which then gets repeated on here). Whether you or I agree with that narrative doesn't fucking changer that the narrative is that they bought well. Jesus Christ you really are hard work.

If levy doesn’t invest properly this summer, then all hope of being a serious club (that actually win a a trophy) will be gone. He will just be lining his pockets

levy has already said trading this summer will be affected due to circumstances beyond the club

levy has already halved his salary

i'll ask you; do want levy and enic to leave tottenham hotspur football club?

Eriksen, Dele, Aurier, Trippier, Lamela, Dier, Janssen, Llorente, Rose.....plus Toby is off anyway.

Easily 200M in today’s market there.

If people stop lying to themselves, they know full well that Dele and Eriksen can be upgraded with no effort at all.
That’s being brave....it feels like they’ve run their courses here and have fuck all left to offer.
I’d happily see all that lot moved on.
No, when Bale left we found that major changes do not work. Whilst we were wrong to not buy anyone last summer, making drastic changes is madness. 2/3 changes is ideal, if more then they should not be expected to start next season. We already have to replace Dembele, IF Toby and Eriksen leave then they need replacing. Vorm and Llorente are fringe players but any more is a risk.

No, when Bale left we found that major changes do not work. Whilst we were wrong to not buy anyone last summer, making drastic changes is madness. 2/3 changes is ideal, if more then they should not be expected to start next season. We already have to replace Dembele, IF Toby and Eriksen leave then they need replacing. Vorm and Llorente are fringe players but any more is a risk.

That’ll be five signings then

:sonhmm:

Read my fucking posts AGAIN. I'm fucking agreeing with you (mostly) about their purchases you fucking idiot! I'm saying that despite what I or YOU think the narrative is they bought well, read the press, listen to the media, it's literally all they talk about (which then gets repeated on here). Whether you or I agree with that narrative doesn't fucking changer that the narrative is that they bought well. Jesus Christ you really are hard work.

Why don’t you read my posts where I continually state that this isn’t the narrative of the media or supporters. It’s wasnt about who they targeted - most wouldn’t be able to outline the qualities of the likes of Fabino or Keita- I suspect that the average supporter wouldn’t have even heard about them. It was all about monetary amount they cost - it was about them having the largest net spend last summer, it was about the statement they made to the rest of the league. That’s the narrative - it’s been echoed by the likes of Carragher and Neville on Sky and by many on here. Why you choose to present this as something else I do not know - I have had multiple conversations about this very topic throughout the season with many on here who have gone about their spend and the impact on us. Next you will be telling me the media haven’t referenced City’s owners as a basis for their recent success.

I notice you conviently ignore the other question - funny that.

levy has already said trading this summer will be affected due to circumstances beyond the club

levy has already halved his salary

i'll ask you; do want levy and enic to leave tottenham hotspur football club?
There is and always has been excuses for a lack of summer spending so no surprises there, but if levy and co left and in comes seriously ambitious people would that really be an issue or a downside I think not.

There is and always has been excuses for a lack of summer spending so no surprises there, but if levy and co left and in comes seriously ambitious people would that really be an issue or a downside I think not.

This takes for granted that any new owner will want to splash the cash.... What if they turned out to be a Kronke?

Why don’t you read my posts where I continually state that this isn’t the narrative of the media or supporters. It’s wasnt about who they targeted - most wouldn’t be able to outline the qualities of the likes of Fabino or Keita- I suspect that the average supporter wouldn’t have even heard about them. It was all about monetary amount they cost - it was about them having the largest net spend last summer, it was about the statement they made to the rest of the league. That’s the narrative - it’s been echoed by the likes of Carragher and Neville on Sky and by many on here. Why you choose to present this as something else I do not know - I have had multiple conversations about this very topic throughout the season with many on here who have gone about their spend and the impact on us. Next you will be telling me the media haven’t referenced City’s owners as a basis for their recent success.

Well said mate but you will never convince the brown nosing club plants who love a zero net spend it gives them a woody you know.

Why don’t you read my posts where I continually state that this isn’t the narrative of the media or supporters. It’s wasnt about who they targeted - most wouldn’t be able to outline the qualities of the likes of Fabino or Keita- I suspect that the average supporter wouldn’t have even heard about them. It’s was all about monetary amount they cost - it was about them having the largest net spend last summer, it was about the statement they made to the rest of the league. That’s the narrative - it’s been echoed by the likes of Carragher and Neville on Sky and by many on here. Why you choosing to present something else I do not know - I have had multiple conversations about this very topic throughout the season with many who have gone about their spend and the impact on us. Next you will be telling me the media haven’t referenced City’s owners as a basis for their recent success.

Fuck me what rock have you been living under. Before a ball was kicked this season Liverpool transfer business was lorded. It hasn't stopped since to this day. In every piece written, in every studio discussion it's all been about the perception that that bought really well for the positions they required. Throw-in some additional marketing hype around VVD in an attempt to justify the price they paid and you have the narrative that surrounds Liverpool's transfer business.

I and it would appear you to do not agree with this narrative but it absolutely IS the narrative, I will not even waste my time in googling the thousands upon thousands of words written on this very subject. But I suggest you should, there are at least 4 MNF's "debates" where they talk specifically about it, same with the post-match stuff on BT. Almost EVERY week on Sunday Sky thingy with the hacks.

Not a case of that is it but if the right people come in to take us on surely that can only be good for all concerned.

.....There begins the crapshoot and a whole new debate as to what constitutes the "right" people.

There's more to running a club than simply how much you throw into the trf kitty each July.

Btw, Still curious as to what "unacceptable" (see OP) amounts to in the context of this discussion?

Ultimately, the term implies "boycott" to me (thus I tend to avoid throwing it around willy-nilly).....?

It’s been answered 50 million times before. Why do you keep asking? Surely you’re on a wind-up?
We’re in a CL semi-final - that should answer your fucking question. And you still want to prioritise the LC? Jesus - bore off you absolute bridge dweller.

Fuck me what rock have you been living under. Before a ball was kicked this season Liverpool transfer business was lorded. It hasn't stopped since to this day. In every piece written, in every studio discussion it's all been about the perception that that bought really well for the positions they required. Throw-in some additional marketing hype around VVD in an attempt to justify the price they paid and you have the narrative that surrounds Liverpool's transfer business.

I and it would appear you to do not agree with this narrative but it absolutely IS the narrative, I will not even waste my time in googling the thousands upon thousands of words written on this very subject. But I suggest you should, there are at least 4 MNF's "debates" where they talk specifically about it, same with the post-match stuff on BT. Almost EVERY week on Sunday Sky thingy with the hacks.

Their business was lauded because they spent the most amount of money in the league. Do you honestly believe that this would have been the case if Keita cost £15 million, Fabino £20 million and Allison £10 million? You know it wouldn’t have been - spend determines expectations and the subsequent narratives. Liverpool won the window because of the volumes spent not because of who they brought in because most hadn’t heard of these players and therefore the perception of these were determined by their monetary value.If we spent £150 million this summer the same would be said about us - even if there was little knowledge about the players in question. I would argue that the sentiment that level spend had far more of a positive impact than the actual players themselves . They were immediately talked about as title challengers because as it was pointed time and time again in the media when you have that level of spend you have to challenging for the major honours.

Back
Top Bottom