Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His lack of end product is a concern - but that is a problem with Wolves in general. His pure presence would open space for others though and having someone like that on the pitch would be a fantastic watch. He also hasn't had Kane and Son to play alongside either.
I've kinda changed my thinking. Victor moses was absolutely useless until Conte turned him into an a match winner and vital part of his league winning team.
If he can do that with Moses i'm quite excited about what he can do with Adama.

I've come around a somewhat to signing Adama since we've been linked with him. Yes his end product isn't close to what I'd want but fuck me he's box office to see on the ball. I always remember that feeling of excitement whenever Bale or Lennon had the ball at their feet around halfway and started moving towards the opponent's goal.

Also he should take more attention from the opposition defenders (more than Emerson being left completely alone by Watford) so could free up some space for Kane/Son/Moura.

I've kinda changed my thinking. Victor moses was absolutely useless until Conte turned him into an a match winner and vital part of his league winning team.
If he can do that with Moses i'm quite excited about what he can do with Adama.

This is a myth, he was actually good for Wigan in the previous season, Conte can be credited with turning him into a very good wing back but not solely for his turnaround in form.

Last edited:
His lack of end product is a concern - but that is a problem with Wolves in general. His pure presence would open space for others though and having someone like that on the pitch would be a fantastic watch. He also hasn't had Kane and Son to play alongside either.

You make a good point there actually. As frustrating as he is, opponents would definitely be concerned about Traore game after game. He might not get a lot of goals or assists himself, but he will definitely help Kane, who in the past has often been doubled up on. Son too.

On the northerners not liking spurs thing, also quite boring if you're in a hurry.

I was in a cafe in bethnal green yesterday with a work mate for my lunch break.

This guy was already in there wearing an old dippers away top and you could see he wanted to chat to everyone so I made sure to give his efforts a swerve.

Anyway, this elderly chap walks in with his mum and falls victim to his patter. They're all Liverpool fans it transpires. All London accents. Born and bred it sounds like. The first guy wants to chat about Liverpool the whole time and keeps trying, he says he goes up 'all the time.'

At one point he says to the other guy how he reckons spurs will 'walk into third place this year.' The other guy is dismissive of this because he says, he doesn't like spurs.

The first guy thinks this is madness (that he's disagreeing with his opinion mainly) but also because of how poor the goons were against them the night before.

Eventually he asks why matey thinks spurs won't get third and the second guy (with his mum) says, 'I don't like the fans, too gobby.'

I quietly reflected on all the spurs fans he's met in his life who've asked him why the fuck he would support Liverpool of all clubs above a London club. Twat.

I've come around a somewhat to signing Adama since we've been linked with him. Yes his end product isn't close to what I'd want but fuck me he's box office to see on the ball. I always remember that feeling of excitement whenever Bale or Lennon had the ball at their feet around halfway and started moving towards the opponent's goal.

Also he should take more attention from the opposition defenders (more than Emerson being left completely alone by Watford) so could free up some space for Kane/Son/Moura.
He is one of the most stereotypically Spursy players I've ever seen, I have little doubts the crowd will love him tbh.

We have never seen pace on the ball like his with the ability to beat his man at Tottenham in my lifetime IMO. Lennon and Bale the most rapid, but neither of those beat their man as regularly.

He will undoubtedly put it out of play and make mistakes, but every player does that to some degree, but very few indeed can beat half the opposition team and carry the ball 50+ yards.

One thing I really do like about him is I don't think I've ever seen him go down softly despite teams regularly kicking the absolute cunt out of him.

What position does your nan play?
I tried not to read this comment as the sexual version, but I failed. I am appalled.

The Nanny 90S GIF

Traore in the squad playing Brentford today. Bench.

No surprise.

He is being very professional and until any bid is accepted why should Wolves leave him out other than the obvious risk.

Ultimately this is as good as done and that will be indicated at the end of the game.

Worst thing for Wolves is if he got injured , because we would then say we will wait but equally we want to get this done as much to soothe Conte, and because we need his aggression and physicality.

It happens by this time next week.... I think.

Back
Top Bottom