Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny enough Micah Richards has just said the only players faster than him were Aaron Lennon, walnut and Adama Traore!!
Bale? There’s some BBC thing where Richards is clearly having traumatic flashbacks at being turned inside out a few times…

But, yeh, I’d block that out - I suspect Maicon can’t remember playing against him without the help of a therapist, either.

Strange if his going for £20m that no one else is going for him? Even the bar codes can’t be arsed to splash some lose change on him.

Nope.

Once a player makes it clear where their preference is, there is nearly a gentleman's contract in play.

It's only when a player simply wants to move that you get all sorts of movement.

It seems Traore has probably said he wants to come our way.

Cue a move to Newcatle by the morning!!!

Really disappointed how twin peaks panned out and was very weird at end. Used to like sherilyn fenn back then. Good music as well.
season 1 great northern lodge GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Ahhh Audrey.

Teams don't enjoy playing against him, and even if he doesn't cause immediate problems hes a worry. For me, if people are scared shit of Traore running at them, who's watching Kane or Son? They can't watch them all - and if he can be coached to a final ball too...

Teams will figure out that it's easier to just let Traore have the ball and mark Kane and Son tightly, safe in the knowledge that Traore cannot do anything else other than run fast with the ball. HE will either over hit a cross or balloon a shot over the bar/wide of the posts.

Teams will figure out that it's easier to just let Traore have the ball and mark Kane and Son tightly, safe in the knowledge that Traore cannot do anything else other than run fast with the ball. HE will either over hit a cross or balloon a shot over the bar/wide of the posts.
More fool them when he cuts it back to Winks who does one of his "most definitely on purpose" worldies then

If teams mark Kane and Son tightly, then traore has more time and space which will make things easier for him. Right now no one is marking any wolves player tightly so they can afford to go double triple team traore.

It's all ifs and maybes, none of us really have a fucking clue how he's going to pan out until we actually see him play for us...
A perfectly valid thing to say, but you think about it and it’s actually incredibly rare for us to sign a guy who’s a current multi-year PL regular.

Hojbjerg was. You go back prior to that and set your criteria as three full immediately prior years as a PL regular, and I think the first name you hit is Sissoko and the second might be Clint Dempsey?

Amazing, no wonder our homegrown numbers are so bad, and the point about Traore is that to an unusual degree, we know this guy. He’s the big muscley fast guy on Wolves who you can’t stay in front of but who’s also kinda shit.

Last edited:
A perfectly valid thing to say, but you think about it and it’s actually incredibly rare for us to sign a guy who’s a current multi-year PL regular.

Hojbjerg was. You go back prior to that and set your criteria as three full immediately prior years as a PL regular, and I think the first name you hit is Sissoko and the second might be Clint Dempsey?

Amazing, no wonder our homegrown numbers are so bad, and the point about Traore is that to an unusual degree, we know this guy. He’s the big muscley fast guy on Wolves who you can’t stay in front of but who’s also kinda shit.
LOL, so, with 3 full years as the metric I forgot Wanyama and Vorm.

But, Traore has been a PL regular the last 3 and a half years, so if you go with that as the minimum it is Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Dempsey, and then before that…

(I’m dinging Adebayor for his loan to Real Madrid)

The men, the myths, the legends, Saha and Nelsen.

I don't think it works like that lol

How many times have you seen defenders let Traore just run at them, from what I've seen once he gets going he's almost always double sometimes triple teamed by defenders. When we played them earlier in the season we had to double up on his sometimes because he was causing haovoc and ripping apart our defensive shape.

You don't even have to play football at a high level to realise that as a defender your instinct is to stop the ball getting near your goal so you will do everything in your power to relieve pressure on your goal and if you have a guy travelling at speed towards it your instincts will kick in automatically to try and stop them however way possible.

What's more your eyes are always fixated to the ball regardless (why do you think so many goals are made from off the ball runs?). So your scenario isn't realistic because if they double mark Kane and Son you're virtually saying they'll be happy to leave him free to run into their penalty area every time he picks up the ball.

Back
Top Bottom