Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a squad impact player, with poor finishing quality. I would like to see him in a Spurs shirt, but only at the right price
This and 20million would be the limit! Have I missed owt but are we the only team interested in him? Normally they give a list such & such are intertested in so & so, just us so……….

"Moses has important qualities: technique, physical strength, the ability to cover 70 metres of the pitch. I find it incredible that someone like him has been overlooked."

That's what Conte said about Victor Moses. He would absolutely love Traore and the haters would proceed to love him too after a few games. A natural fit for Conte's system.

Last edited:
"Moses has important qualities: technique, physical strength, the ability to cover 70 metres of the pitch. I find it incredible that someone like him has been overlooked."

That's what Conte liked about Victor Moses. He would absolutely live Traore and the haters would proceed to love him to after a few games. A natural fit for Conte's system.

Moses was bang average in the Premier League more often than not. His best attribute was that he was versatile.

That's what Conte said about Victor Moses. He would absolutely love Traore and the haters would proceed to love him to after a few games. A natural fit for Conte's system.

Hmmmmmm.... playing where?

I think he would make an awesome impact sub. He draws defenders to him & opens up space down the middle. Wolves have so few players capable of finishing right now that a lot of his runs are wasted.

I think he would make an awesome impact sub. He draws defenders to him & opens up space down the middle. Wolves have so few players capable of finishing right now that a lot of his runs are wasted.
Definitely; his power and pace are great assetts, but the end product is sometimes lacking. Would be an excellent sub, if we're struggling to breach a defensive line up.
Conte should buy, if the price is realistic.

Bits of him will start popping in all the wrong ways, in months, under Conte.

Moses, wirey runner, no chance can that (Traore) bulk produce consistent running over 90.

Aaron Lennon of the Mandela Effected age, if it happens, maybe glorious a few months but no long term possibility as a RWB.

Surely we can do better.

Bits of him will start popping in all the wrong ways under Conte.
tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

Hi, Wolves fan in peace.

I've seen a few posts that Traore has been dropped by Wolves in recent months due to his contract situation so I thought I would shed light on this.

Although it is fairly clear Traore doesn't want to sign a new contract with Wolves with the terms offered, the main reason he has been dropped is due to his goals and assists output. He's played 17/19 league games this season and has failed to register a goal or assist. For context, our goalkeeper has more goal contributions this season.

This season, we've tried to adopt a more possession style football playing slightly higher up the pitch than under Nuno. Although our attacking play in general hasn't been good this season, it's particularly hard to play a possession style approach when you have Adama playing who is constantly looking to get the ball to feet, offering no dynamic movements and taking 8-10 touches every time. One of the biggest frustrations from Wolves fans in recent years is that he seems to have the inability to make runs off the ball, in behind defenders where his pace really could be used to great effect. Instead, he will often hug the touchline and try to beat the 2/3 defenders down the byline.

As eluded to previously, the biggest problem with Traore is his goal contributions. In 121 league appearances, he has only registered 7 goals and 13 assists. When you consider that 4 goals and 9 assists of these were during the 2019/20 season during a hot phase with Jimenez, he has only scored or assisted a total of 7 goals in 2 and a half Premier league seasons outside of that.

Although I personally believe Traore is vastly overrated due to his amazing speed and dribbling ability, I do believe he could still be used effectively as an impact player or against certain opposition. For Wolves, he has often looked his best when playing against top sides who offer the space to counter attack. For context, 5 of his 7 premier league goals have come against the 'big 6' sides including a brace at the etihad 2 years ago. These games particularly benefit the team as he often finds himself deeper with a lot more space to run into. Due to this, teams often revert to tactically fouling him which often results in yellow cards and drawing fouls higher up the pitch. Being fair, these moments don't necessarily get reflected in the statistics but are very useful for getting a team like Wolves up the pitch in these games.

Alternatively to using Traore against the bigger teams, I would ever only use him as an impact sub personally when 'Plan A' isn't particularly working.

Hi, Wolves fan in peace.

I've seen a few posts that Traore has been dropped by Wolves in recent months due to his contract situation so I thought I would shed light on this.

Although it is fairly clear Traore doesn't want to sign a new contract with Wolves with the terms offered, the main reason he has been dropped is due to his goals and assists output. He's played 17/19 league games this season and has failed to register a goal or assist. For context, our goalkeeper has more goal contributions this season.

This season, we've tried to adopt a more possession style football playing slightly higher up the pitch than under Nuno. Although our attacking play in general hasn't been good this season, it's particularly hard to play a possession style approach when you have Adama playing who is constantly looking to get the ball to feet, offering no dynamic movements and taking 8-10 touches every time. One of the biggest frustrations from Wolves fans in recent years is that he seems to have the inability to make runs off the ball, in behind defenders where his pace really could be used to great effect. Instead, he will often hug the touchline and try to beat the 2/3 defenders down the byline.

As eluded to previously, the biggest problem with Traore is his goal contributions. In 121 league appearances, he has only registered 7 goals and 13 assists. When you consider that 4 goals and 9 assists of these were during the 2019/20 season during a hot phase with Jimenez, he has only scored or assisted a total of 7 goals in 2 and a half Premier league seasons outside of that.

Although I personally believe Traore is vastly overrated due to his amazing speed and dribbling ability, I do believe he could still be used effectively as an impact player or against certain opposition. For Wolves, he has often looked his best when playing against top sides who offer the space to counter attack. For context, 5 of his 7 premier league goals have come against the 'big 6' sides including a brace at the etihad 2 years ago. These games particularly benefit the team as he often finds himself deeper with a lot more space to run into. Due to this, teams often revert to tactically fouling him which often results in yellow cards and drawing fouls higher up the pitch. Being fair, these moments don't necessarily get reflected in the statistics but are very useful for getting a team like Wolves up the pitch in these games.

Alternatively to using Traore against the bigger teams, I would ever only use him as an impact sub personally when 'Plan A' isn't particularly working.
Great post.
How much do you want for him?
What is your last price?

Great post.
What is your last I think around 25 million would be a fair price for him in January. Possibly 20 million up front and 5 million in performance related add ons. I think Wolves would hold out for slightly higher though.

Great post.
What is your last price?
I think around 25 million would be a fair price for him in January. Possibly 20 million up front with 5 million in performance related add ons. I feel Wolves would hold out for slightly higher though.

Hi, Wolves fan in peace.

Keep him. When he came on as a sub v Man U he was laughable. Tried to take on Shaw and just kicked the ball out for a goal kick.

Has anyone told him that the baby oil on the arms makes him look ridiculous?

Considering we have a problem scoring against the big sides and games get camped in our half , that would be very helpful if he can move the play in the other half .

Back
Top Bottom