Adebayor: Time To Step Up Or Step Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
When Emmanuel Adebayor arrived at Tottenham on a loan deal from Manchester City, he performed sensationally, being the only player in the league to achieve double figures in both assists and goals. However, after the move was made permanent, his form due to injuries, suspensions, and international tournaments declined rapidly. He did however, return towards the end of the season, with great performances against Chelsea and Everton. Will this season mark Adebayor’s return to goals, or will his performances in […]

Continue reading...

perhaps.. we could buy a replacement player ?

dean-windass_2109506b.jpg

I don't even know what to say about this guy anymore. He broke my faith in him last season with his (overall) lacklustre performances.

My Woolwich-supporting family endlessly take the piss as his form dropped like a ton of bricks when we signed him after his superb loan spell.

Get rid, I say.

What I find truly frustrating is that he unquestionably has the ability but only turns it on when he feels like it. In his first season, his work rate surprised me, but that seemed to go for a burton once he got his contract. Premier League footballers should get on their knees and thank their God that they get paid for doing something that a lot of people do just for the love of the game.

There's a misconception he wasn't prone to bouts of laziness in his first season, playing away at Watford in the FA Cup being a game in particular that stands out.

I don't even know what to say about this guy anymore. He broke my faith in him last season with his (overall) lacklustre performances.

My Woolwich-supporting family endlessly take the piss as his form dropped like a ton of bricks when we signed him after his superb loan spell.

Get rid, I say.
Was more down to the change of manager...

To be fair, the whole squad were atrocious in that game. A clear case of them all seeing it as an "easy" fixture.
That game was in the middle of a shitty run by him which only ended when we destroyed Newcastle, I used that game as a case in point. Don't think he'd scored in 6 weeks iirc.

Back
Top Bottom