AIA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just came back from the Shah Alam Stadium , place was really humid even for me , imagine the players out there . Anyways I had the chance to meet most of the players , except for Vertonghen and Townsend who looked like they wanted to fuck off the pitch . :capouestare:

11224783_10204187283858076_7451986084018413570_n.jpg

11040370_10204187289338213_5997831475921315845_n.jpg
1380045_10204187280818000_291044721412230304_n.jpg

Fair play to them and nice to see the money men fail in their quest to make more money. Bring back friendlies against League 1 sides and away to teams in Holland/Belgium/France/Germany in the run up to the new season!

There is a subtext to this which means it isn't as clear cut -

The guy organising the protest or at least cheerleading, is doing so at the behest of the guy who lost out in the elections for the Presidency of the Malaysian FA - also a governor, IIRC, of one of the larger islands on the archipelago. Prior to that, he was only too pleased for the English clubs to come and play show piece games, even 48 hours before key Malaysian games...

Guardian Article on AIA Boycott "Tottenham’s friendly in Malaysia sells only 19,000 tickets after fan protest http://t.co/faj4Kl35H4"
The reason why the tickets aren't selling so well is not because of the boycott , it's because there are not many Spurs fans in this part of the region .
Most football fans over here would jump on the bandwagon and support United , Chelsea , the Dippers or Woolwich in the Prem.
You just can't see many supporters from clubs such as Everton or Villa . Maybe that is why Asian fans have been looked down on although there are Asian fans who had been supporting Spurs for decades .

There is a subtext to this which means it isn't as clear cut -

The guy organising the protest or at least cheerleading, is doing so at the behest of the guy who lost out in the elections for the Presidency of the Malaysian FA - also a governor, IIRC, of one of the larger islands on the archipelago. Prior to that, he was only too pleased for the English clubs to come and play show piece games, even 48 hours before key Malaysian games...
I'm not following- why did he change his mind about it? Sorry- probably being thick.

The game is about

AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA AIA

bored of these pre season tours to fuck off countries, i'd rather a pre season game in fucking southend or bristol where you can actually travel too and have a good day out without having to sell your fucking soul on plane tickets

I'm as pissed off as scousers with this:angryscouser::angryscouser::angryscouser::angryscouser::angryscouser::angryscouser::angryscouser:

The reason why the tickets aren't selling so well is not because of the boycott , it's because there are not many Spurs fans in this part of the region .
Most football fans over here would jump on the bandwagon and support United , Chelsea , the Dippers or Woolwich in the Prem.
You just can't see many supporters from clubs such as Everton or Villa . Maybe that is why Asian fans have been looked down on although there are Asian fans who had been supporting Spurs for decades .
Not sure that's the case.

Stadium was all but sold out when QPR played there a couple of years ago wasn't it?

Not sure that's the case.

Stadium was all but sold out when QPR played there a couple of years ago wasn't it?
There is no possible other reason why QPR would sell a disproportionate number of seats in Malaysia is there? I mean I am getting a feeling like I lost something in the air here.

Back
Top Bottom