(Airfixx approved) Ludogorets v Tottenham | Europe League Group Stage | Thu 05/11 @ 17:55

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another game, another European trip. Would have been class to go to Bulgaria for a long weekend, but Covid is a cunt.

3 points needed to get qualification wrapped up early. We've never played them before, from what I can find.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Winks
Sissoko - Lo Celso
Lucas - Vinicius - Bergwijn​

Last edited:
Bale will start this , Jose has already said , we need to rest Hjojberg as when I saw him down in the first half and winks warming up I knew how the Liverpool fans felt seeing VVD getting taken out , I honestly think at the minute he is the one player we can’t replace

--------------'------Llloris-------------------
Aurier------Sanchez---Dier------Davies
---------------Winks----Sissoko----------
--------------------Lo Celso----------------
------Bale--------------------------Lucas--
---------------------Vinicius---------------

It’s real shame that Rodon can’t play as he is not going to get much playing time from the look of it. Also we will once again have to endure the Colombian Antony Gardner.

Last edited:
Roll on the next one!
I hear this one is going to be explosive! I just hope we know the plot.
Jose to select the right Guys..
Hopefully we come out all guns blazing and bring down their houses.
It’ll sure be one to remember.
But maybe no fireworks til it’s 3-4 nil up.. until we can be sure it’s cooked and put a Fawke in it.

Goodnight :windy:

I'm assuming Grocer has got an early night, ready for polishing his Tomatoes and Apples at start of business tomorrow morning.
No other reason why he hasn't started the match thread for the Ludicrous game.
He's on a roll, delete this thread and start again with Grocer, please.
No offence Gatsby, it's just business.
:dierpochhug:

WTF is this match thread? Did someone just smear sick in my eyes?
There could be a few reasons. OP forgot about the format. Some omega supplements might help. Maybe he doesn't like typing because his fingers ache. Try some salt baths for the hands. Or just in too much of a damned rush. Hibiscus tea to mellow out a bit.

Everyone putting Lo Celso in their starting line up, and I think they are right, as we do not have too many alternatives as a creative CM - only other alternative is probably to play Ndombele for the first 45 minutes before taking him off to rest him for WBA in PL on Sunday.

But if we start Lo Celso I don't see him playing much more than the 45 mins he played v Antwerp (or 30 mins this evening v Brighton), he's not played much this season which I think is down to Spurs trying to manage an injury. Soccerway has him playing him for 157 mins in PL (less than 2 and a half matches) and 224 mins in EL (just over 2 and a half matches) - maybe a third of the playing time he could have played.

So question is really who do we bring on for Lo Celso in the 2nd half, quite likely for 45 mins ? Against Antwerp we brought on Hojbjerg but not sure we want to over-play him.

I'd like to give Harvey White (DM) a run out in this game (but maybe not the full 45 mins) to see if he can play in some of the other EL group games this season, after a decent preseason against Championship sides who are probably not too far away from the standard of our EL group opponents. If successful, that would give us an extra option in CM which we could do with.

Must play Dele - he won't get better if he doesn't play - Dele, Bale and Sid as the front three with Dele playing the deeper role. If he shits the bed again then give him another run next week, class will either prevail in the end ... or he's gone in January, we have enough quality in the squad to at least try and get Dele right.

Hart
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Doherty- Lo Celso - Winks - Ndombele - Reguilon
Bale - Vinicius
Is genuinely how I'd go.

We get to see what Doherty is about in his preferred RWB role. Reguilon gets more minutes under his belt. Alderweireld brings that experience at the back, Sanchez his pace and Davies stays fresh.

Ndombele and Lo Celso get more minutes for fitness and a rare start together. Winks gets a start in a game we are likely to have 70% of the ball in and Bale starts in attack with Carlos Vinicius.

Round about the 60th minute mark, bring on Lucas for Ndombele. Then perhaps bring off Reguilon for Dele Alli and move Davies to left back and then bring on Bergwijn for Bale. So we end up at the end of the game with this:

Hart
Doherty - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Lo Celso - Winks
Lucas - Dele - Bergwijn
Vinicius
Hopefully we've learned from Antwerp that too many changes would be stupid. Winning breeds confidence. That line up still has 7 changes from the game we just played, yet doesn't feel too different.

Ludogorets have so far shown to be the worst team in the group and have conceded 6 goals in the opening 2 games so far. I'm sure they won't be a walkover but I'd still expect us to go there and get an important 3 points.

1-3
Vinicius
Lo Celso
Bale

We need to win this match no matter what and try to rest key players for the weekend.​

Hart
Aurier - Davinson - Dier - Davies
Winks - Sissoko
Bale - Lo Celso - Bergwijn
Vinicius

COYS!!​

Back
Top Bottom