Alex Morgan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumour has it she wasnt happy the lasses have to train in *barnsley and not in the top notch training facilities.
So she wasn't playing for a while.
And apparently Levy folded and now the lasses train at the proper facility too.

Have no idea if this true, the Levy part sounds a bit uncharacteristic.

*Obviously not Barnsley... Barnet... Haha
What?! Have the women's team been excluded from the normal club facilities?
If so, that's fucken outrageous.

fzbt.gif

I don't want to get into the actual fight, but that is the funniest gif I've seen in a long time!

Crazy that they were excluded in the first place. Wtf stuff.
whilst i agree with the general principle, Vince, it may have always been planned tp bring them in this year..remember, the facility has only been fully completed for a couple of years. staged move may have been the plan from day 1

The way I look at it is, the training facilities are there, and plenty big enough to be shared, so I don't see the issue with our women's team having access to them, ideally you want to improve the standard of women's football and make it a bigger draw with bigger crowds.

But you could argue and you wouldn't be wrong that the women's team draws very small crowds and likely has a turnover smaller than most Vanarama teams. So if they were a stand alone entity they clearly wouldn't be able to afford such world class facilities, so they are using facilities bought and paid for by revenue or future revenue generated by the male team.

It's not a question of being sexist, It's a question of logic.

I've never been to the Barnet facilities but I'm sure they will be very good facilities and still be better than the women's team could expect to be able to afford if they were a stand alone entity.

But in this day and age people always reduce everything to sexism or racism because most of them are just fucking morons with nothing useful to contribute to the debate, so would rather just shut everyone else down from having the debate in the first place.

Last edited:
But why? Because they have fannies?
could be because the mens team make the money and the youth teams are required for acadamey status.

could have been because they were on a long term contract to use Brentfords facilities because the old facilities wouldnt have been up to scratch to house everybody and they ve moved the various teams in as the contracts to use whtever facilities they were at previously expired

all im saying is its not necessarily because they have fannies

I dont think we are as bad some when it comes to the womens teams, and we are worse than others

Back
Top Bottom