Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be really pissed off if he doesn't get given the opportunity to play for the first team next season. Townsend is a bit of a prick and only has a good game once every few months, Lamela clearly doesn't suit the English game and we don't have a great deal of other options.

Pritch can play LW, CAM and RW, he's quick, skilful, can finish, quality at set pieces, young and home grown. There's not an awful lot more you can ask out from a player. I'm sure that Poch will give him the opportunity to impress over the summer and I'm hoping that he'll be given the same chances that Mason, Bentaleb and Kane have been given.
How is Andros a prick? The abuse he's getting is unbelievable. I agree that he's not playing well at the moment, but he's a yid like you and me. Lamela has said that he's the one training the hardest, always staying after the session is done. He's giving it his all, show some fucking respect.

Last edited:
Great for him. Deserved it. I'm quite excited to seeing him around the team next year, gives us something different to what our other youth products do. Hopefully can push and contend for a starting eleven place too.
Will keep likes of Eriksen on his toes and hopefully force him to become a better player. At the moment he's an automatic selection and doesn't really have to give 100% to keep getting selected. Can't wait to have Pritchard around.

How is Andros a prick? The abuse he's getting is unbelievable. I agree that he's not playing well at the moment, but he's a yid like you and me. Lamela has said that he's the one training the hardest, always staying after the session is done. He's giving it his all, show some fucking respect.

I know this is the Pritchard thread but you are absolutely right, the vitriol Townsend gets from some fans is absurd, hes a fucking stand up dude , he loves the club, and its obvious he cares a lot and tries really hard at all times. He is also a good winger, a good player who is still developing, he has a mean shot on him with either foot and is in my opinion one of the best dribblers at the club next to the likes of Dembele, he just needs to work on some of his decision making. Sorry rant over, but this is just something that really bugs me.

I just watched the second half of the West Brom – Newcastle game to see Pritchard. I did it so that none of you have to. I’m quite a humanitarian as those are two clumsy, ugly sides and that was some absolutely dreadful football.

Nonetheless, Pritchard looked good. To me he was clearly WBA's most active attacking player (which is faint praise in and of itself.) He came on at the half (with Berahino interestingly). He lined up on the right side initially but seemed to play more like one of our front four, moving around the pitch a lot. He was very direct and quick with the ball. He took WBA’s free kicks and corners and looked dangerous. He appeared to get a little frustrated a few times after putting himself in dangerous positions that were not seen by his clogger teammates. Bottom line is that Alex Pritchard is way too good for WBA.

For what it’s worth, Townsend was outstanding and left to a standing ovation. Berahino was absolute shit.

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES

he reminds me alot of defoulou from barca, when on loan at everton last year..

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS
would be interested in your opinion on pritchard now that he is playing often and from all accounts quite well at brentford...crack our first 11 anytime soon?

I'm told by my Brentford friends that he's generally playing well, but not consistently well. They use the phrase 'goes missing'. He's a good little player but for me he's not quite good enough to be a Spurs player (I'd love to be proven wrong, of course).

I'm intending to get down to Griffin Park a couple of times before the season's out to check him out myself.

Brentford ST holder mate says there are very strong rumours that we will recall him and then send him to QPR for the 2nd half of the season for PL experience. They're actually terrified of it.

Not sure if he'd get more benefit staying in a promotion chasing team tbf

People who are suggesting that he wont make it..well, the same was thought about Kane and Mason.
I suggest not writing him off just yet. :bmj:

I too have the feeling that Pritchard has moved past Carroll. Carroll is a very gifted passer of the ball and I think he can look forward to a Premier League career. I don't think he's well suited to Spurs under Poch though, whereas Pritchard very much is.
I can see Carroll being moved on to Swansea in the summer and Pritchard being given a squad role at Spurs.

There, I said it.

Watched Fulham v Brentford today. Pritchard bossed it, best player on the field by some margin. He was subbed off approx 60 mins. Heard that Pochettino was also in attendance too.
I keep loving to hear about these things again and again.
Pritchard is one of the reasons why I'm really looking forward to next season.

Direct Link ...

... Oh and dat beat!

what-is-love-570898416.gif

Back
Top Bottom