And rightly so.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Womens football - not very good, is it?

If the women's game brings in the same crowd sizes and revenue as the men's game, then they deserve equal pay. At the moment the Women's premier league attracts an average of around 3-4 thousand per game. I was surprised to find the Spurs women topping the attendance with an average of around 8 thousand.

source

Until those numbers are closer to the men's numbers equal pay simply cannot be justified. Some logic needs to be applied to these things.
In the USA its slightly different as the women's team is probably closer to the men's in terms of popularity.

I think it depends on how you look at the figures for this too. I know they're paid less than the men, but they also play less games so on a match by match basis they're paid more.
The women's game in the US is bigger than other countries, but that's probably because the men's game is still quite new compared to some countries and they've been able to grow the two together. The game is growing in the UK though and I don't think anyone could have predicted 38,000 watching the Spurs ladies against Woolwich, that's a great attendance.

Back
Top Bottom