Andre Villas-Boas - One Year In

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still wish we'd gotten Blanc in while we had the chance, but AVB has had a solid start. He has to start giving youngsters who can help the squad play more cohesively a chance and he must stop relying on Bale to lift the side, rather than implementing solid team play. A good points total last season accumulated to a huge degree through solo Bale wondergoals masked how poor the football we played at times was, although I guess you could blame a lot of that on injuries.

Still wish we'd gotten Blanc in while we had the chance, but AVB has had a solid start. He has to start giving youngsters who can help the squad play more cohesively a chance and he must stop relying on Bale to lift the side, rather than implementing solid team play. A good points total last season accumulated to a huge degree through solo Bale wondergoals masked how poor the football we played at times was, although I guess you could blame a lot of that on injuries.

Blanc? As in the supposed racist ex manager of the French national team? :walkerwtf: Really? I couldn't imagine how dire things would be for me as a Spurs fan if we'd gotten him instead of AVB. I'm so glad though it's AVB and Freund fist pumping up and down the touchline rather than the Frenchman who kind of reminds me of the pervert teacher who ran away to France (coincidentally!) with that 15 year old.

Blanc? As in the supposed racist ex manager of the French national team? :walkerwtf: Really? I couldn't imagine how dire things would be for me as a Spurs fan if we'd gotten him instead of AVB. I'm so glad though it's AVB and Freund fist pumping up and down the touchline rather than the Frenchman who kind of reminds me of the pervert teacher who ran away to France (coincidentally!) with that 15 year old.

I wanted Blanc purely because he's a really good manager that has done fantastically well at every team he's been at. His one failure was at the helm of an unmanageable France team which, prior to the Euros, he had got playing fantastic football.

I can't really out out a real argument against the racist thing. I felt his comments were more ignorant than outright racist, which an investigation into the matter also determined. But I fully understand and respect that it would put others off him.

Just on your point about no more Sigurdsson-like signings, actually think he is a very good player. Harsh to write off a 23 year old so soon

It always saddens me to see how Kilmer put on that much weight and never quite shifted it. He was gorgeous, back in the day. Still a very good actor...his turn as Gay Perry in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a masterpiece.

Ahhhhhh now I get the confusion. Just by the law of averages there had to be a gay poster on here..I was couldn't work out why I was convinced you was a bird.

No problem with it by the way..,fair game fella.

Edit: ha ha how awkward does that sound

Back
Top Bottom