Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
I used WhoScored. Apologies, I was wrong.

Still not similar. Townsend has had far more opportunity to show us what he's about. He's not improving, if anything he's regressing.

If Depay came in, he would be. That's one more superior winger. So whether it would be moving Chadli or Eriksen, both Lamela and Townsend would see less game time.

Difference being I suppose is that Lamela can play AM. Townsend can't.

First off where is your basis Lamela can play AM? He certainly hasn't shown he can for us at least effectively. Secondly, your opinion that Townsend has had more chances with us is also not entirely fair. He was younger and not at the same stage as the two are now for some of those appearances. Lastly, what have you seen from Lamela that suggests he is improving? He has stagnated at best and one could argue he is regressing.

If we were to sell one of them in the summer I would guess it would be Townsend but the only reason for that is Levy would not want to take a bath on Lamela's transfer fee. We would be very lucky to get a third of what we paid at this point. You would have to consider Italy would be where he would command the most interest and most of the Serie A clubs are skint.

Haha....Im delighted for him and what a goal it was.

But....he's had 41 shots this season.
Its far from the norm they go in..Im afraid to say he's a poor winger, despite his admirable work ethic and the fact he's one of our own, and that he seems really likable and hard working.
Said it before, but he's punching above his weight.

And so is Lamela while we're on the subject. Id happily replace both. I see no PL future for Lamela, despite the fact he could well go to Atletico or Juve and rip it up.
seems every time i see you post its always negative towards spurs.

First off where is your basis Lamela can play AM?
Because he has played there for us a couple of times. Did so at Roma too. And Argentina for that matter.

Secondly, your opinion that Townsend has had more chances with us is also not entirely fair. He was younger and not at the same stage as the two are now for some of those appearances.
Lamela is younger than Townsend. So his accomplishments as a footballer, however insignificant because it was elsewhere, exceed Townsend at the same age.

Lastly, what have you seen from Lamela that suggests he is improving?
I haven't suggested that.

Lamela has the excuse of it being his first injury free (generally) full season. Townsend is experienced enough now in the League to be showing more promise than he does.

I'll be saying the same of Lamela if this time next year his performances are the same.
But Townsend hardly had an injury free season with us last year did he? Was playing really well, got called up to England, came back, scored for us then got injured for a long spell. Then in his first game back after that he got injured and was never really given the chance to get back into the team when he finally recovered. So I don't think that's a valid argument either as this is really both of their first injury free seasons with us.

But Townsend hardly had an injury free season with us last year did he? Was playing really well, got called up to England, came back, scored for us then got injured for a long spell. Then in his first game back after that he got injured and was never really given the chance to get back into the team when he finally recovered. So I don't think that's a valid argument either as this is really both of their first injury free seasons with us.
Townsend has had other seasons in English football.

seems every time i see you post its always negative towards spurs.

Im delighted for him and what a goal it was.

...despite his admirable work ethic and the fact he's one of our own, and that he seems really likable and hard working.

Seems like you should learn to fucking read then and get some perspective in your life

More comparable to Prem than Lamela's experience though. Cant see how it's arguable that Townsend and Lamela are in the same boat. We've seen everything of Townsend. Whereas Lamela is still adapting. Like I said, if he's the same this time next year then fine.
Well I disagree, I mean for starters Lamela has got over 3 times as many league minutes as Andros this season. But lets just agree to disagree for everyone's sake?

Hey hey we have found another Ade vs Soldado!!! Its Lamela vs Andros!

The thread says it all, I think they are both keepers and deserve a stay of execution, Lennon will go, and Andros can cover left, Lamela can cover number 10, so even if we did upgrade with a first choice right sider we could keep both, it is a conundrum though and hopefully it inspires both to better performances

Im delighted for him and what a goal it was.

...despite his admirable work ethic and the fact he's one of our own, and that he seems really likable and hard working.

Seems like you should learn to fucking read then and get some perspective in your life
and you have a petulantly short temper to boot

ps, that part of ur statement u quoted is the equivalent of walking into your managers office and them saying, 'look your a great worker, i like you...but your fucking fired'

Last edited:
Townsend and Lamela are a fundamental reason what is wrong with Spurs.
Both largely ineffective , dead end running , little assists , no goals besides
work rate , they add so little. No top 4 club would consider them but that's the problem,
we are stuck with them . As we are a business first they must justify any sell on price.
Lamela may come good in years but at a cost of a mediocre first 11 . Then no
doubt be sold .
Townsend has a amazing ability not to deliver anything , if he was a postman your
letters would end up in the next street and any parcel returned to the sorting office .
Frustration is the joy of Spurs .

kYfGXo2.jpg

This terrifying creature is coming to devour the souls of his doubters as they sleep in their beds, so... you've been warned.

EDIT: this would require his victims to actually be asleep, so everyone on this forum is safe then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom