Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
I wish we could see what he could offer with a whole game on the left. He looks far more dangerous in my opinion and the team woud benefit more.
I can't stand these modern tactics of inverted wingers. Its ok with world class players, but with average players it's painful to watch.
Nothing like seeing a winger beating his man and wipping in a cross.

I wish we could see what he could offer with a whole game on the left. He looks far more dangerous in my opinion and the team woud benefit more.
I can't stand these modern tactics of inverted wingers. Its ok with world class players, but with average players it's painful to watch.
Nothing like seeing a winger beating his man and wipping in a cross.

He ain't no Bale, but he's quick and has proved he can cross a ball, and with Harry in the middle it would spawn opportunities, or even a cut back to late arriving midfielders or Son.......
Failing that - keep him on the right, and keep on handing out crash helmets to the people in row Z

I have got nothing against AT, but by now he is mostly a comic relief to me when on the pitch. I expect absolutely nothing from him - but seem to be able to predict 9/10 of his moves - the last he can't even predict himself... (There was a post earlier about laying some railroad tracks at WHL so he could run his route quicker - spot on IMO). When he blasts it into the defence or up on the stands I guess most of us have called it 3-5 secs ahead... 2 years ago I got mad, now I just laugh and think of this gif:
5rwS4fT.gif

I thought when he came on at Sunderland he was ok and had maybe turned the corner but last night proved he hadn't!

Get rid!

:townhmm:

I wanted to strangle him yesterday, i try to not hate Spurs players but i'm really getting close to hating him. FFS try to do some simple and efficient things first. Just be useful for once ffs.

Same goes for Lamela but he at least shows that he has natural ability at times and offers something in assists and goals. Townsend offers a business case for an akla selzer shop at WHL.

I still think given he's one of own we should find a use for him. That use IMHO can only be as an impact sub.
If you're a defender who's been dealing with Lamela for 70 mins and then all f a sudden this quick direct runner comes on to replace you'd be fecked.

I still think given he's one of own we should find a use for him. That use IMHO can only be as an impact sub.
If you're a defender who's been dealing with Lamela for 70 mins and then all f a sudden this quick direct runner comes on to replace you'd be fecked.
Couldn't give a shit if he's one of our own to be brutally honest. If he's shit or doesn't fit our style of play then what is the point in holding onto him? It's only hurting us as well as it's hurting him. Bit like an abusive husband. :vdvcry:

Couldn't give a shit if he's one of our own to be brutally honest. If he's shit or doesn't fit our style of play then what is the point in holding onto him? It's only hurting us as well as it's hurting him. Bit like an abusive husband. :vdvcry:

Point is: we harp on about the lack of loyalty shown by the likes of Modric/Berbatov et al. Surely we should show extra loyalty to our own yoof players who are committed to us?

Back
Top Bottom