Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
You forgot...
Got compared to Arjen Robben.

:harrylol:
mjlol.png

I'm worried for Townsend. I wonder if he's suffering from some sort of depression, - He just looks like a beaten man. His hair is all messy and picky, his beard is all scraggly, he can't seem to beat a man when playing football, he's having confrontations with fitness coaches and he can't even seem to get ahead of Joshua Onomah in the pecking order.

Could be the case of being hailed far too early. He had a few good games under AVB, was thrust upon the England scene, scored on his debut and continued to do well. Got injured, couldn't quite gain his place in the team and it's been like that ever since. Sporadic appearances for both Tottenham and England over that period of time all leading to present day.
Well those are the first two signs of depression... receding hairline and scraggly beard...
Oh, that and bathing in your own urine and fighting yourself in the mirror!

Townsend is a player from a bygone era. How many top level "traditional" wingers can you name that still operate in the prem?

It's clear that his style of play doesn't fit our standard system. Even if it did, there are huge questions on whether he has the quality to take us to where we want to be as a club.

I fear that the only reason he is still with us is because of lack of cover / questions still over lamelas ability during the last window and the bean counters insistence on getting over the odds for players sold.

Any chance West Brom will let Berahino come to us in exchange for Townsend and some cash ?

Probably not but Berahino behaved like a spoilt brat last transfer window so we don't want another petulant child.

Id sooner swap Townsend for Austin or a mars bar come to that!

:townhmm:

Not to sound cynical or something, but I'm actually glad that this situation involving Townsend has happened. It just gives us another reason to sell him. His playing-style is just so damn irritating! He's mediocre and should be in the next batch of players gone.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Tomorrow night would probably have been his best chance at being in the starting XI for a few weeks, and now that's out the window.

And it reduces our choices for player rotation. Cheers, Andros.

:townhmm:

i wouldn't worry too much about that - when he's actually on the pitch we might as well be playing with 10 men. you'd be better off letting my mum have a run out :pritchardeyes:

i wouldn't worry too much about that - when he's actually on the pitch we might as well be playing with 10 men. you'd be better off letting my mum have a run out :pritchardeyes:
Can't help but 'funny' that! Always happy for a player to prove negativity wrong, but it really does feel like he lacks the footballing intelligence we want.

If we'd sold him at the end of the transfer window, it'd have been premature: Clinton could have flopped, and Lamela's progress (mixed though it can be) was still to come. But if N'Jie does develop nicely, and Son doesn't get injured again, the writing is on the wall.

I've just been listening to the podcast to the point where Townsend is being discussed.
There's only so many excuses one can make for a player who clearly has not taken his coach's instructions on board.
Either he's thick or he simply doesn't have any degree of footballing intelligence.
I don't see any difference to the 'Lennon situation'...unfortunately they both grew up in 'Redknapp land'...'go out and run about a bit'.
I didn't spot him in the live warm-up session today on Spurs TV...sayonara baby...
p.s. Somebody please explain the phrase 'He's Tottenham through and through'...

Townsend is a player from a bygone era. How many top level "traditional" wingers can you name that still operate in the prem?

It's clear that his style of play doesn't fit our standard system. Even if it did, there are huge questions on whether he has the quality to take us to where we want to be as a club.

I fear that the only reason he is still with us is because of lack of cover / questions still over lamelas ability during the last window and the bean counters insistence on getting over the odds for players sold.

When you say 'bygone era' I assume you mean One Dimensional?
As in; he's ONLY a winger who can occasionally deliver a cross... but his input on terms of team creativity and chipping in with goals is virtually nil.
Poch is trying to assemble a team of versatile, quality players... dare I say in a nod to 'Total Football' or is that going too far?
Players who can play - AND EXCEL - in more than one position is what the team needs. Not a one trick pony who can cross the ball successfully more than one in six attempts, whilst he isn't hitting Row Z with a wasted shot!
Shame, 'cos I really wanted "Tottenham fan Townsend" to be good. .. but I think we all know we've got better at the club!

When you say 'bygone era' I assume you mean One Dimensional?
As in; he's ONLY a winger who can occasionally deliver a cross... but his input on terms of team creativity and chipping in with goals is virtually nil.
Poch is trying to assemble a team of versatile, quality players... dare I say in a nod to 'Total Football' or is that going too far?
Players who can play - AND EXCEL - in more than one position is what the team needs. Not a one trick pony who can cross the ball successfully more than one in six attempts, whilst he isn't hitting Row Z with a wasted shot!
Shame, 'cos I really wanted "Tottenham fan Townsend" to be good. .. but I think we all know we've got better at the club!

I don't mind one dimensional if it means getting to the byline and crossing the ball, but he doesn't even do that. For long periods he was content with running the line a bit and then cutting back, usually to pop a short pass off to Walker as if to say 'go on son, you take responsibility, not my job' - but the thing is it is your fucking job. You're meant to be a 'creative' player, you make things happen, and that's even more important if every time you lose the ball you can't be arsed to track back and help your team mates defend. Otherwise what's the point in you being there. :pochfacepalm:

Joined the academy at 8 years old, he has been a dick this week but you cannot deny he is one of our own, for better or worse!

Definitely one of our own, but does that mean we keep him? With Onomah looking on the verge of being ready is there really any future for Andros here? I am shocked that 75% have voted to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom