Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Joined the academy at 8 years old, he has been a dick this week but you cannot deny he is one of our own, for better or worse!
I'm sorry Mensa but that just doesn't hack it for me.
It's not what you did, it's what you do next and Andros has done little in the latter category.
I'm 63 so my opinions are influenced by the 70's & 80's and those players from that era who still appear at WHL.
I'm very choosey when applying standards and I doubt Townsend has the strength to match those guys.
Just another poor man's Darren Anderton........

I'm sorry Mensa but that just doesn't hack it for me.
It's not what you did, it's what you do next and Andros has done little in the latter category.
I'm 63 so my opinions are influenced by the 70's & 80's and those players from that era who still appear at WHL.
I'm very choosey when applying standards and I doubt Townsend has the strength to match those guys.
Just another poor man's Darren Anderton........

Nonsense comparison.

Definitely one of our own, but does that mean we keep him? With Onomah looking on the verge of being ready is there really any future for Andros here? I am shocked that 75% have voted to keep him.
To be fair the poll was taken over 2.5yrs ago and the feeling then was "give him a chance to prove himself". I think it's becoming clear he hasn't taken it.

Looks like the daily mail are doing their creative best in shit stirring this into a "Tottenham players are in meltdown on this going public". They fail to mention that Towsends disscression was in full view of the worlds media whilst they wrote their copy for the mornings papers, hence the photo's and stories. Ho hum.

I voted to let him go some time ago, simply because we wont be playing him on the left using him to cross a ball (which he is pretty good at). Isnt consistent enough with goals or assists to play as an inside right

If wanted a Tottenham through and through player in the squad we should've get David Kitson! Even showed his loyalty to the club when he was playing for Reading in the Prem. Loyalty doesnt guarantee your place, fact!

I think its a really sad situation that has developed. Like most of us we wanted him to do well, simply because he is a genuine Spur. I was happy for him to stay, if only to give us cover for the squad, but for me, the writing was on the wall when Poch chose Clinton when Chadli had to be substituted. Unfortunately the odd spectacular goal isn't a good enough return to warrant a place in the side. I think we missed the boat re getting a decent price for him, but for his own self esteem, he should seek pastures new come January.

I wanted him to succeed so bad for us, being a Tottenham lad through and through. Not only that you can see flashes of the talent he has in his locker. Facing the facts though, it just doesn't look like happening. I still like him as a sub option with pace off the bench but he will want more than that and I can't blame him really. I understand the frustration some fans have with him but still think the abuse he gets is way ott. He is not a bad player just struggling to find his form and role in our team.

To be fair the poll was taken over 2.5yrs ago and the feeling then was "give him a chance to prove himself". I think it's becoming clear he hasn't taken it.

Looks like the daily mail are doing their creative best in shit stirring this into a "Tottenham players are in meltdown on this going public". They fail to mention that Towsends disscression was in full view of the worlds media whilst they wrote their copy for the mornings papers, hence the photo's and stories. Ho hum.

I didn't know that the poll was over 2.5 years old, that explains the results. Me wanting to move on from Andros has nothing to do with the incident this week, I just think he has been shit. By holding on this long we will be lucky to get a decent sum for him when we do decide to sell. He is obviously frustrated, but given the options we have now, and especially when everyone is fit, he is the odd man out and first to go.

The manager has to set a standard for the players to follow. At the end of the day the manager has to make his decision and that is it.
As a professional you have to know that you may end up out of favour because of performances and to end up being a squad player or even sold on or let go on a free. That's the way football works. Nobody is bigger than the club and you can't just throw your toys out the pram when you are frustrated - especially when the worlds media is watching.

Made worse as he's one of the senior players in our squad, poch needs to deal with this carefully as the youngsters will all be watching

Back
Top Bottom