Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
It will be a shame to see him go, but as previously said, not all youth products work out. Who do we think will take him? Someone in the championship?

Newcastle or Berwick Rangers

If he's got any sense, which is questionable, would go to Berwick
Excellent chippy there!

:angryscouser:

This thread is a great reminder that football supporters are no more loyal to players than players are to supporters. Not that I disagree with the general sentiment (Andros probably isn't the quality that Spurs want and will be moved on) but it'll be the same fonts here that are in an uproar the next time a superstar wants to leave because the club isn't up to their standards.

There's no loyalty in football. None. And it goes both ways.

Tend to agree, Andros is a Spurs fan and if loyalty was a factor we would be all desperate for him to stay. That being said players from Sheringham to Bale have left us to move upwards so as you say t works both ways.

Football is very much like a normal job in that respect, you get offered a promotion you take it, your not good enough for the job you get fired.

However there is loyalty in football though, the fans will always or nearly always support the same team, that is where loyalty in football is.

This thread is a great reminder that football supporters are no more loyal to players than players are to supporters. Not that I disagree with the general sentiment (Andros probably isn't the quality that Spurs want and will be moved on) but it'll be the same fonts here that are in an uproar the next time a superstar wants to leave because the club isn't up to their standards.

I think the years he has been given and the support the majority show in wishing him well for the future show plenty of loyalty imo, would it be more loyal to want to keep him here playing in the reserves or as team mascot whilst not getting to play at a level he wants or a system he could do well in?

Give him a painting of a spitfire and send him on his way.

I don't think there's a place for him in the first team any more, unfortunately, and it will be even worse once Pritchards injury clears up.

Apparently we've turned down £10m for Andros.

To his credit, he is capable of playing really well. Unfortunately, he has gone missing in too many games and seems to have a little bit of an ego (which Poch doesn't seem to like). If we end up getting £12m for him then that'd be a good result. Lamela, Son, Chadli and Eriksen (who seems to start on the left and drift in) are all ahead of him so he's unlikely to get another run out in the first team.

Tottenham reject £10m Watford bid for Andros Townsend

SkySports seems to think he's keen on a move to Newcastle. He is definitely good enough to be playing football week in, week out so a move would do him good.

Tottenham's Andros Townsend favours Newcastle move over West Brom

Love him or not; he has been at the club for 16 years. I hope that he moves to a club where he's happy, plays regular football and can fulfil his potential (just as long as he doesn't score against Spurs!).

If he doesn't fancy WBA as part of a Berahino deal (& who'd fucking blame him eh?) why not a loan deal to the barcodes until end of the season? That way he can get regular first team football & show Poch what he (Townsend) believes he is capable of. I'm all for keeping options open & if we don't need to sell in order to buy then it would be beneficial to the player & to the club to see how he gets on at a team that won't be troubling us in the league table. Maybe he could hit some form & come back into the fold? Or maybe his bridges are burned with Poch....

Why would he prefer Newcastle? Compete with Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Perez for an AM spot? He might be able to take Perez' spot, but I'm not convinced.

He should go to a club where he'd be a definite first team player. He needs to build confidence. Watford would be great for him.

It feels like he's as good as gone... and if Oduwa coming back early from Rangers isn't more 'sinister' than it appears, then I'd heavily wager he's been brought back to cover the wing as and when Townsend leaves...

Shame, the whole 'one of our own' thing could and should have been his song, had he pulled his finger aaahhhht! 'cos he was here first!

Fairly obvious by now that he won't make it with the system we play so is it not standing by him letting him move on and have a decent career with a lesser team? Surely it's better for him than playing each week with the under 21s

Fairly obvious by now that he won't make it with the system we play so is it not standing by him letting him move on and have a decent career with a lesser team? Surely it's better for him than playing each week with the under 21s
Wooooosh......

:pochfacepalm:

Completely agree, you tend to see the same thing happening when a player has a poor run of form, fans immediately start questioning that player and go look for shiny new stars to replace him.

There's very little loyalty in this game except the loyalty of fans towards their club

played well today , kept pinging in some lovely crosses. unfortunately we didn't have a target man in the box but credit to him (andros)

Back
Top Bottom