Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
I think loaning him out was perfect for his development. If QPR stay afloat may be another year with them would be good for him then bring him back at the age of 23.

Voted 'no' by mistake although to be fair, I doubt he'd want to stick around on our bench for much longer

He's good enough to start for most bottom 10 PL club at this point in time, and could still improve substantially, so it would be down to him more than us, imv

Happy for him nonetheless - hope he goes to forge a formidable PL career - looks the part

His Defoe-like decision making will have to improve if he is ever to make the grade at Spurs. Took loads of shots on yesterday when a pass would have been a better option.

screen_capture.jpg

Queens_Park_Rangers_v_Sunderland_Premier_Leagu.jpg

I voted no. Just don't think he's very good.

I'd have been a yes up until a year or so ago, but the bar has been raised significantly in that time and has left Andros behind. When you consider our next step is to challenge Man City and Chelsea, are their attacking midfielders better than him? Aye, they are. They are the level we need to aspire to and Andros isn't going to make it to that level.

He can become a great player and automatic first team pick for someone like Everton or Stoke, but we need better.

If he is good enough to be a flat track bully against lower level teams but not good enough to compete in the big games I would still keep him.

Its a squad game, and if we could afford to rest Lennon against the Readings of this world and still get 3 points (the same 3 points for beating Utd...) then we are even stronger than now.

Ive never been especially impressed with Townsend but since being at QPR he has shown an ability at least at that sort of level. He is ours, he can do a job in the squad, seems like a no brainer really

I voted no. Just don't think he's very good.

I'd have been a yes up until a year or so ago, but the bar has been raised significantly in that time and has left Andros behind. When you consider our next step is to challenge Man City and Chelsea, are their attacking midfielders better than him? Aye, they are. They are the level we need to aspire to and Andros isn't going to make it to that level.

He can become a great player and automatic first team pick for someone like Everton or Stoke, but we need better.
What if he stays as a super-sub?

Worse than the likes of Livermore?

Not sure I see the point in another loan.

Half a season at QPR should tell us whether or not he has what it takes in the premiership.

And as I said, its not even the case he needs to be CL quality, if he allows our CL quality players respite during the season by taking on premiership teams.

Ive never been blown away by him, but he is proving me wrong at QPR. He looks at home at this level.

I think his decision making could be a hell of a lot better, I think he could be quicker to recover/get back to his feet - but he is young and there is every chance this will change with experience.

Given that he is ours, hasnt cost us anything, and has a fair amount of potential - while filling an obvious gap in the squad - it makes nothing but sense to keep him IMO.

Back
Top Bottom