Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Well if we play the poor sod on the left and allow him to come thru the middle at times, then he might.

If we shackle him to the RHS touchline we won't.

And then we blame him and not the Moped !!!

Good on ya Woy !

The goal came from a central position though..

I agree that we should try him on the left. Fantastic goal from Andros after Paul Merson made his remarks. I hope the latter receives a shit storm.

Townsend is a Welbeck mark II

He may well be, we'll see the coming years, if he is, he has done well.
What you can say though, is that this guy doesn't stop trying, even when many of his own fans call him names and have given him up. Would be fantastic for him to hit back and make a career at Spurs. It means a lot for the lad.

He may well be, we'll see the coming years, if he is, he has done well.
What you can say though, is that this guy doesn't stop trying, even when many of his own fans call him names and have given him up. Would be fantastic for him to hit back and make a career at Spurs. It means a lot for the lad.
We all want him to succeed here as it would mean a lot to him but that won't happen unless he changes his style, his methods and most importantly improves his end product. With him being 24 in July you can only have so much hope for him.

We all want him to succeed here as it would mean a lot to him but that won't happen unless he changes his style, his methods and most importantly improves his end product. With him being 24 in July you can only have so much hope for him.

He has been on my "maybe"-list for a long time. Not sure that everyone wants him to succeed. If they call him dross and a clown, I think they have made up their minds. I think that the other necessary departures will save Andros for now regardless; Adebayor, Chiriches, Paulinho, Soldado, Kaboul, Capoue, Lennon, Holtby etc
There are only so many outgoings we can handle before the changes in the squad will lead to starting from scratch, fringe players or not.

All those are ahead of him in the exit-queue, although I would take Lennon back if he can change his alleged attitude problems.

Played a hell of a lot less games than Merson did for England but has equaled Merson's tally of goals already.

If Merson was as committed as Townsend he may have been a great. But he pissed it up and mugged himself off. It's got to rile when you a player with maybe less natural talent is doing better for England because of his work ethic.
I think AT has got to prove himself for Spurs next season. I believe it will be his last chance to impress at Spurs. He frustrates as he obviously has it but doesn't produce it consistently enough.
However, he will give 100% and sometimes moments like tonight can change games.

CBdI2pxW4AA4Qqq.jpg:large

This image sent chills down my spine to the very depth of my scrotal sack.

The passion shown from our boys brought a tear to my eye, they have bonded so very well that even on international duty their loyalty shows. If you cut them they would bleed lilly white and navy blue.:walkercry:

Look at it this way...each time he's played for England he has been more successful than with us. An English player better with their country than club. How rare is that ?!
It's not all down to having more space in internationals. It's being used properly.

Look at it this way...each time he's played for England he has been more successful than with us. An English player better with their country than club. How rare is that ?!
It's not all down to having more space in internationals. It's being used properly.

I agree playing for England seems to get the better from him. IMO, Its not a case of'
being used properly' its him lifting his game, concentrating and controlling that energy he has-being self disciplined. He's playing for England and is never first choice so takes his opportunity.
Unfortunately we all know he is not consistent. He took his goal brilliantly-a superb effort-
Townsend has hit his one in so many, on target and scores a blinder? We will now experience, row Z, slices and frustration with him running into corners for a few games.

Back
Top Bottom