Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calls for him to go are ridiculous. Given it's his 1st season he has done very well and we should give him another before properly evaluating.

At the same time, people are allowed to be concerned about the obvious issues that are emerging
They do but I'm not seeing many people just expressing concerns. They act like one issue and he needs to go.

Firstly - very few managers get better just because you keep them. Teams have tried the old "stick with him" advice from the cliche and got relegated.
Secondly, I'm not here saying we should sack Ange or even that i don't like him. Just that I'm seeing a decline rather than an improvement this season and I can't see why others aren't also seeing it.
He might fix it. He might lose the next 6 and we won't find out. Who knows.
I just listed some pretty big names that got better. You can also add Poch, Emery at Villa, Moyes at a West Ham before he then declined, etc. You said yourself Chelsea are improving, they stuck with Poch.

The manager needs backing to improve. That's why Ange needs time. We have some talented youth players developing and a few young signings. Give him the time to use them.

As for the issues, it is very difficult to fix every issue in one season. He's fixed so many on and off the pitch with the club, there are bound to be issues left that he can address in the off-season.

Nope but the person that said that the Kane money was spent on Richarlison doesn’t either. So we spend money on Richarlison that is accounted for when we sell Kane but then he does his cruciate and his career is over🤣🤣Yip,Levy would sign off on that before that deal was done 🤣🤣
Levy is actually very business smart. Everton needed to sell, It was obvious that Kane would leave soon so Levy brought in a backup before selling.

It's not far fetched to connect the dots.

Levy is actually very business smart. Everton needed to sell, It was obvious that Kane would leave soon so Levy brought in a backup before selling.

Hahaha some laughing stock cunt who can’t control a football from a poverty stricken, perennial relegation shitshow

Such an astute play, strategic mastermind the treble is on course

It wasn’t obvious because if Kane wanted to stay he would have. In no way whatsoever would Levy gamble with the £60 million that was paid for Richarlison 🤣🤣🤣

If we maintained the results from the first 10 (or heaven forbid, got better) then yeah. But we haven't. We've been getting steadily worse. Even after all the players came back.
Never heard of new manager bounce? Like I've said many times, our system and its problems seem to have been figured out. Whether the opposition team is good enough to execute the plan is the only question really. Expect a lot of balls over the top thanks to Newcastle now. On top of the corners. And the packing of the box.

Thing is, they have got better in the last couple of months. In a mirror version of us, they're down there because they were awful at the start. We did well to put some air between us and the middle of the table then. But since then, a lot of those teams have been taking roughly the same amount of points as us.

It works in both directions. Leicester, who were bottom of the league with 7 games to play in 2015 went on a run of 5 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. I said there and then that they suddenly looked like title winners, not relegation fodder. Shame I'm not a gambling man.
We on the other hand had 10 decent results at the start of the season taking an average of 2.6 points per game. In the next 10 games we took 1.3 points per game. In the next 10 games 1.7 ppg. Over the last 3 so far 1.3 ppg
Very average points per game returns after the mythical 10.
Apply the same to Chelsea and their ppg is increasing.

They got better?

They drew with Shef UTD despite customary penalties

They drew with Burnley despite having a man advantage for most of the game

They drew with Brentford

They had a freak 6-0 win over Everton but all of a sudden they are your opposite reflection of how shit we are??

Mate you have an inferiority complex.

They got better?

They drew with Brentford

They had a freak 6-0 win over Everton but all of a sudden they are your opposite reflection of how shit we are??

Really improved since they drew 2-2 at home with Burnley 11 days ago 🤣

Way to much talk and criticism about Ange right now. People have no patience anymore. Remember Arteta, Klopp and Pep in their first seasons? Remember how people loved Jose and Conte early on?
Not this fucking tripe again.

Any comment that accuses SPURS fans of lacking patience should be an automatic yellow card FFS.

A BIG 6, supra wealthy club who's last success was a league cup a generation ago, but we need patience....

Come on man. Think before you post, yeah?

They got better?

They drew with Brentford

The absolute pelters Ange would be getting if we had the season Podge and Chelsea have had.

Not this fucking tripe again.

Any comment that accuses SPURS fans of lacking patience should be an automatic yellow card FFS.

A BIG 6, supra wealthy club who's last success was a league cup a generation ago, but we need patience....

Come on man. Think before you post, yeah?
Sure. Woolwich, City and Liverpool can show patience but we can't. Fucking moron

Really improved since they drew 2-2 at home with Burnley 11 days ago 🤣
The absolute pelters Ange would be getting if we had the season Podge and Chelsea have had.

Burnley had 10 men most of the game and I think even their manager sent off.

It was as bad as Jose losing to Dinamo Zagreb when their manager was in prison.

But let’s not forget that Jose had a Plan B and never got found out because he wasn’t naive tactically.

Back
Top Bottom