Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i don't know what's more naive, refusing to budge on a glaring issue or telling the world you aren't going to change it.

Is he refusing to budge or refusing to talk about it anymore?

He also said the set piece thing is a question he's faced before and ended up improving in his second season.

As fans it's roo easy to take the limited quotes we get from press conferences too literally.

Ange has surpassed my expectations but I do worry about whether he has what it takes to take the club to the next level. If I were to bet, he’s going to fail and get sacked at the end of next year

Also his signings have been shit
This is how I feel, the problem is, to get to the next level you need to have owners that want that aswell and sadly we don't.

Only one manager since 1990 has more wins in their first 33 league games than Ange 😂😂

:ange-arms:
And this is why I find the criticism baffling. This time next year is when we should be judgemental but now is not the time. Let the guy build and get everything in place. The lack of patience from our lot is getting embarrassing. Not one manager can come in and completely change a club within 9 months which some think he should be doing.
Imagine Fergie had got binned and where Man Utd would be now.

Fucking fat Aussie Barry Evans shout just sums us up as a fanbase. Over the years I’ve listened to managers talk and guys like Conte,Mourinho,Poch,AVB bored me. I can engage with this guy and I honestly think he’s the only manager we’ve had that truly understands what this club has been previously and wants to win by playing a certain way. That does not happen overnight.

Have a watch of the press conference I posted this morning and you’ll get the context a headline can’t give.
But people only want to believe what they want. We do have a thick as fuck fanbase that can’t understand that he never said set pieces weren’t a problem and believe every mention about a transfer target when it’s made up most of the time.
I’m going to throw this out there and say that we are not interested in Conor Gallagher and never was and he’ll never be a Tottenham player.

And this is why I find the criticism baffling. This time next year is when we should be judgemental but now is not the time. Let the guy build and get everything in place. The lack of patience from our lot is getting embarrassing. Not one manager can come in and completely change a club within 9 months which some think he should be doing.

Fucking fat Aussie Barry Evans shout just sums us up as a fanbase. Over the years I’ve listened to managers talk and guys like Conte,Mourinho,Poch,AVB bored me. I can engage with this guy and I honestly think he’s the only manager we’ve had that truly understands what this club has been previously and wants to win by playing a certain way. That does not happen overnight.

Completely agree.

Everything is so reactionary these days, that the enjoyment (ups & downs) of a process gets lost.

No one is Nostradamus, we don't know what will happen with Ange's time at this club, but I'm very willing to let him guide it to whatever end, from what I've seen of him so far.

He makes me believe that not everything in modern day football is plastic or manufactured, he makes me believe that the essence of the sport and this club (more importantly to me) is still alive - that camaraderie, unity, grace & that undying spirit of the game.

But people only want to believe what they want. We do have a thick as fuck fanbase that can’t understand that he never said set pieces weren’t a problem and believe every mention about a transfer target when it’s made up most of the time.
I’m going to throw this out there and say that we are not interested in Conor Gallagher and never was and he’ll never be a Tottenham player.

That article by Kilpatrick is the perfect click bait shit we are talking about it. Wait until after the game tonight and some other quotes are taken out of context by anyone with an agenda.

Completely agree.

Everything is so reactionary these days, that the enjoyment (ups & downs) of a process gets lost.

No one is Nostradamus, we don't know what will happen with Ange's time at this club, but I'm very willing to let him guide it to whatever end, from what I've seen of him so far.

He makes me believe that not everything in modern day football is plastic or manufactured, he makes me believe that the essence of the sport and this club (more importantly to me) is still alive - that camaraderie, unity, grace & that undying spirit of the game.
Great post 👍

It honestly makes me feel sorry for some of them.

They must have so little gumption themselves when it comes to sticking at things until it comes good.

Said so many times I can understand frustration with the club and the premier league. It’s shit being the premier league chosen banter target every year.

But if you can’t differentiate that and what Ange is trying to build I don’t know how you help you.

Completely agree.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Back
Top Bottom