Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aye, that translation of play from Scotland to the Prem is an issue. And to be honest it’s one I’ve doubts about when we say we want the Brighton / Brentford model. Fine to get a top half finish, but can it work at a higher level? Unsure.

But, if Ange is the guy, he’s all good with me.

Until he isn’t……

Hang on a minute.

If you've got me on ignore then you can't see this thread!

Can we just hug it out for a minute.

I love you man x

Season 9 Hug GIF by The Office

I'm willing to give Ange full support if he does become our new manager.

From the outside he doesn't look like a big name appointment, but we have tried that route and it hasn't worked out how we would like.

He seems a passionate guy, we need someone who can kick some life into this squad and give them some positive tactics! He also needs to be able to unite the fanbase more.

Let's see what happens.

He’s also got a song, to the tune of Dirty Old Town by The Pogues. Not a fucking clue what the words are because I don’t speak Glaswegian, but someone may know.
On the assumption that he's our new manager, I've adapted the Dirty Old Town chant for our use.

Australian Greek, he's a big fat freak
No pedigree, nearly sixty three
Who are you? Who are you?

Postecoglou, Postecoglou

Edit - hope I'm not being too negative.

Last edited:
I'm willing to give Ange full support if he does become our new manager.

From the outside he doesn't look like a big name appointment, but we have tried that route and it hasn't worked out how we would like.

He seems a passionate guy, we need someone who can kick some life into this squad and give them some positive tactics! He also needs to be able to unite the fanbase more.

Let's see what happens.
I honestly thought we’d cracked it with Jose. And again with Conte.

So I know absolutely fuck all. Obviously.

Can recall being underwhelmed by BMJ and by Poch and they worked out fine.

Positive man that played positive football. Just needs a decent defence.

I honestly thought we’d cracked it with Jose. And again with Conte.

So I know absolutely fuck all. Obviously.

Can recall being underwhelmed by BMJ and by Poch and they worked out fine.

Positive man that played positive football. Just needs a decent defence.
Yeah I agree, more so about Conte than Jose. The 'winner' or 'big name' manager hasn't worked for us.

I honestly have no idea how this will work out with Ange. Looking at Celtic though and from what i've read their fans really do rate him. His interviews are quite good and generally seems like a passionate/positive guy which is what we need!

The defence does need a massive improvement, the personnel we have currently is shocking and I wouldn't wanna be playing front foot football in our current predicament. Let's hope it gets improved over the summer.

I'm at the stage now where they could appoint a potted plant to the job and I'd be relieved.

Appoint NOW ffs - these boys have got to be whipped into shape in time for a money-grabbing trip around the Far East in 6 weeks time.

On the assumption that he's our new manager, I've adapted the Dirty Old Town chant for our use.

Australian Greek, he's a big fat freak
No pedigree, nearly sixty three
Who are you? Who are you?

Postecoglou, Postecoglou

Edit - hope I'm not being too negative.

As an Aussie Greek myself, I approve this ...

Of course he's a risk, but he has done wonders in Aus and Japan. I get the fact that the PL is next level x some margin.

He tried to get Mitoma to join him at Celtic. Has an eye for talent and develops young players.

Ange Postecoglou has revealed that he tried to bring Brighton winger Kaoru Mitoma to Celtic at the same time he sealed a switch for Kyogo Furuhashi.

Mitoma has been in stunning from the Albion this season scoring nine goals and bagging six assists in all competitions over the past five months.
The Japanese international was usually utilised from the bench under the leadership of Graham Potter, but since Roberto De Zerbi took over he has been given a new lease of life.
Mitoma’s form has resulted in plenty of speculation surrounding his name, with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Real Madrid all linked, but Postecoglou has now detailed how he could have ended up playing in the Scottish Premiership.

Asked if Mitoma was a player he was aware of, Postecoglou explained: “Yeah, I tried to get him but it was already almost done for him to go to Brighton.
“Him and Kyogo were the first two players I tried to bring across here. Mitoma would have been a good signing but unfortunately for us, Brighton also have a very good scouting network.

Jesus, Levy could announce Fat Sam as the next boss and some of you would spin it as a good thing!

He manages Celtic, who are richer than all other clubs in their league (except for Rangers) combined.

Rangers have a bloke in charge that must have won a competition or something, it wasn't exactly hard competition.

Ange may do well, he may not but when we moved into this spanking £1bn stadium I thought it might lead to better things that just hoping we hire a manager who plays good football.

4 months from the start of the season. That's the maximum he'll last before he's gone and we start this circus all over again.

Back
Top Bottom