Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just have to say the snobbery of EPL fans is breathtaking.
We didn’t want Ange at Celtic to start but he won us over instantly.
Pure attacking football and a lot of Tottenham fans will be eating their words when he starts to blow teams away.

Wether or not Postecoglou is a good coach is beside the point.

Waiting 70 odd days to appoint him is utterly criminal. If he is/ was right, then getting him out of Celtic back in March made the most sense in the world. And money talks and bullshit walks, Dead Hand Dan might have saved an element of the agro which was to follow if the shady bastard did his job and put Tottenham first.

Unfortunately, if he comes now, it looks utterly inept and totally desperate, which kills the guys stone cold dead on day one imho.

This guy is the guy you get early, he’s not the guy you wait months for.

I hope Ange stays at Celtic.

But if he does come here, I'm really looking forward to the evolution of this thread as some of you start changing your minds and claiming you were in favour of Ange being appointed from the start.

He was a CFG stable manager and they do not appoint mugs. Everyone who's worked with him says he's absolute world class and even Pep loves him to bits.

Some of you don't deserve him.

In before "LOL nEiL lEnNoN wOn iN sCoTlaNd" messages.

If you are the chosen one, welcome Ange.

Unfortunately we have some absolute wankers in our fanbase which means you'll have to beat United at Old Trafford, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Liverpool at Anfield and Woolwich at the Emirates for some of them to even think you're an okay manager because heaven forbid someone who's 57 could never possibly be a good coach.

Good luck. You're gonna need it with that purple and yellow lot.
And some absolute brown tongued scoundrels.

Anyway, don't feel you ran away from Beale Angela, you are at a club well known for supporting those that "Run Away"

Wether or not Postecoglou is a good coach is beside the point.

Waiting 70 odd days to appoint him is utterly criminal. If he is/ was right, then getting him out of Celtic back in March made the most sense in the world. And money talks and bullshit walks, then Dead Hand Dan might have saved an element of the agro which was to follow.

Unfortunately, if he comes now, it looks utterly inept and totally desperate, which kills the guys stone cold dead on day one imho.

This guy is the guy you get early, he’s not the guy you wait months for.

I find this a bit of a reach, if we get him in now or then it's clear the strategy was to wait until the end of the season and why would anyone want to leave their job with 2 months to go, the Summer is when these things normally happen despite the fact that we were managerless in March.

I find this a bit of a reach, if we get him in now or then it's clear the strategy was to wait until the end of the season and why would anyone want to leave their job with 2 months to go, the Summer is when these things normally happen despite the fact that we were managerless in March.
Writing off 1/3 of a season to wait on the Celtic manager. Didn’t work out well did it ?

No reflection on Ange by the way, it’s not his fault. For all I know he could be bang on. But if he is, he should have been here months ago before tens of millions was flushed away recklessly

Jesus, Levy could announce Fat Sam as the next boss and some of you would spin it as a good thing!

He manages Celtic, who are richer than all other clubs in their league (except for Rangers) combined.

Rangers have a bloke in charge that must have won a competition or something, it wasn't exactly hard competition.

Ange may do well, he may not but when we moved into this spanking £1bn stadium I thought it might lead to better things that just hoping we hire a manager who plays good football.

4 months from the start of the season. That's the maximum he'll last before he's gone and we start this circus all over again.

It doesn't make him a poor manager neither or one thst is incapable of managing us.

We are in no man's land..

Writing off 1/3 of a season to wait on the Celtic manager. Didn’t work out well did it ?

No reflection on Ange by the way, it’s not his fault. For all I know he could be bang on. But if he is, he should have been here months ago before tens of millions was flushed away recklessly

Again I'm not sure why anyone would leave their job with 2 months to go, you're assuming that we would be able to just swoop in and get him out of his job when he was on course for a domestic Treble, what sense would it make if he just left that to come to a Spurs team in disarray?

I hope Ange stays at Celtic.

But if he does come here, I'm really looking forward to the evolution of this thread as some of you start changing your minds and claiming you were in favour of Ange being appointed from the start.

He was a CFG stable manager and they do not appoint mugs. Everyone who's worked with him says he's absolute world class and even Pep loves him to bits.

Some of you don't deserve him.
I'm all for him.

The more I watch mini-docs or interviews, I can see why his teams run through walls and do as their told.

Really interesting style of play. Not static or automated. He plays with Style and substance.

We need a coach we can buy in to after 3 complete non-starters in a row (4 if you go for Stellini)

Mate, he was under contract to Celtic and on the verge of a treble. You think we can just walk through the door, flash a Cockerel at him & the Celtic board and they'd all jeopardise a treble because it's Tottenham?

Mason managed 6 games, not 1/3 of a season.

Again I'm not sure why anyone would leave their job with 2 months to go, you're assuming that we would be able to just swoop in and get him out of his job when he was on course for a domestic Treble, what sense would it make if he just left that to come to a Spurs team in disarray?
Spurs were not in disarray when Conte walked. A poor run of form, yes. Disarray was to follow.

Don’t you think Tottenham should be a big enough draw to attract the Celtic manager when they were 4th and could have been turned around and could ( stress could ) have pushed up to third ?

Seems rather unlikely that an “ambitious” manager would rather stay and fight Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross County, and do so for less money, rather than go to Spurs. But then I remember when we were a big club.

Spurs were not in disarray when Conte walked. A poor run of form, yes. Disarray was to follow.

Don’t you think Tottenham should be a big enough draw to attract the Celtic manager when they were 4th and could have been turned around and could ( stress could ) have pushed up to third ?

Seems rather unlikely that an “ambitious” manager would rather stay and fight Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross County, and do so for less money, rather than go to Spurs. But then I remember when we were a big club.

You're not thinking this through are you.

Mate, he was under contract to Celtic and on the verge of a treble. You think we can just walk through the door, flash a Cockerel at him & the Celtic board and they'd all jeopardise a treble because it's Tottenham?

Mason managed 6 games, not 1/3 of a season.
Stand corrected. 1/4 of the season, allowing for the glory days of Stellini.

And yea to be honest with you I actually I do think Tottenham should be big enough to attract this guy with 1/4 of the season to go.

Certainly that would be preferable to the (approaching) 70 days nonsense that is ongoing.

He was probably fifth choice, or more likely we didn’t have a plan and didn’t know who he was in Feb

In what sense ?

Read my counter posts to yours again.

It's actually laughable to suggest he should just drop everything to manage Spurs for 10 games when he could do it in the Summer after making history with Celtic and being a hero for them.

What planet do you live on? 😆

Read my counter posts to yours again.

It's actually laughable to suggest he should just drop everything to manage Spurs for 10 games when he could do it in the Summer after making history with Celtic and being a hero for them.

What planet do you live on? 😆
Ok.

So what? How much premier experience did De Zerbi, Klopp or Ten Hag have?

Nuno was one of the worst managers we've had in years and he had lots of premier league experience.

It's obvious Ange should have took a job in Italy or Spain and got a 35% win ratio before we considered him.

Silly us.

Stand corrected. 1/4 of the season, allowing for the glory days of Stellini.

And yea to be honest with you I actually I do think Tottenham should be big enough to attract this guy with 1/4 of the season to go.

Certainly that would be preferable to the (approaching) 70 days nonsense that is ongoing.
We probably would have attracted him, if he wasn't on course to win 3 trophies.

Oh, and the fact that I highly doubt that the Celtic board would have even let us talk to him about leaving with 2 months of a title winning season left to go.

I actually stand corrected, as I forgot about Stellini so yeah, roughly 1/3 of a season.

Back
Top Bottom