Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I refuse to criticise Ange in these sorts of games, we legitimately should have won that by 3-4. 1st half was patchy but the 2nd half was very good. Been a theme all season that our wastefulness has meant its taken us to the last 10 minutes to overun teams..especially at home.

if in the summer he is backed and we don’t have a joke of a front line balance wise next season and he can’t do he will go.

Right now it’s clear there are a lot of players who either don’t fit this way of playing or aren’t good enough. I have seen far worse performances under multiple managers but we had Kane to bail us out which we don’t have now.

The backline is actually pretty decent minus our injuries.

if in the summer he is backed and we don’t have a joke of a front line balance wise next season and he can’t do he will go.

Right now it’s clear there are a lot of players who either don’t fit this way of playing or aren’t good enough. I have seen far worse performances under multiple managers but we had Kane to bail us out which we don’t have now.

The backline is actually pretty decent minus our injuries.

Agree but he's got a lot to do outside of just improving the forwards, like improve our defence and set pieces for example.

He's had a good season despite our form in the past few weeks, think he would have found a out a lot about some of our players especially in the last few weeks, this Summer really feels like a watershed moment (we say that every Summer tbf :D)

Agree but he's got a lot to do outside of just improving the forwards, like improve our defence and set pieces for example.

He's had a good season despite our form in the past few weeks, think he would have found a out a lot about some of our players especially in the last few weeks, this Summer really feels like a watershed moment (we say that every Summer tbf :D)

Set pieces will improve. Our defence is decent, we get caught not due to Romero or VDV but because when we lose the ball the forwards and midfield aren’t good enough at pressing, cutting passing angles and tracking which is essential in high line football. We fix the defence mostly by fixing the front and middle.

Get him some good players this summer.

If he can keep them fit and manage them properly , then he's the guy to take us forward.

Simple as that.

All but certain of 5th when it should have been 4th and too many insipid doaplays.

Part of that is squad make-up but not all of it.

Postecoglou has clear areas to remedy.

6.5 or7/10 for me. Looked like at least 8 for a while

Certainly nothing to be proud of....

FFS Spurs, why did you have to go and spoil my weekend and win.

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

We really do have a bunch of fucking spoiled and emotionally immature brats in our fan base.

It's painful and embarrassing to read half the shit people post on here.
He's not absolved of any criticism, but for fuck sake, some of the comments recently are pure hate for Ange. For non football watchers they might have thought Ange was the guy from the away team wearing baseball cap who had just relegated his team. Kompany probably would have been given more credits by Burnley fans. Pathetic fans we have sometimes.

To be honest I am kind of relaxed about most of it. I like the style of football, that we do try and attack and dominate possession. For me Spurs need to be a pro-active not reactive club.

I hate the balance of our forward line though, it’s fucked and makes us weak in attack and in defence from the press. If we don’t fix that in the summer I will be frustrated.

To be honest I am kind of relaxed about most of it. I like the style of football, that we do try and attack and dominate possession. For me Spurs need to be a pro-active not reactive club.

I hate the balance of our forward line though, it’s fucked and makes us weak in attack and in defence from the press. If we don’t fix that in the summer I will be frustrated.
Who wanted these 2 players. We spunked 80 mill on two shit wingers

well yea thats true. its not his fault he went for 50m and was brought in to play in a possession based system when thats not his forte.
We don't know that yet, he's 22, playing for a new club, in a new system, with players around him pretty much doing the same. It's an enormous amount of change.

Give the kid time. If he'd come through our youth system, I have no doubts that words like 'still raw,' 'the promise is there' and other ways that people express their patience would be used.

Maturity brings consistency, which you could apply to the team as well. As the team matures, they'll look better as a unit, BJ included.

Back
Top Bottom