Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Taking embarrassingly cringe worthy to a whole new level.

Awkward Bbc GIF by britbox

Of course not because the vast majority of people are grown adults that understand that sometimes you get bumps in the road in a process and don't throw the towel in after losing a few matches.

It always fascinates me about people who go to early and declare they want a manager gone because of some perceived bad moment because they've firmly nailed their colours to the mast yet when the team get a positive result they're nowhere to be seen lol

They can't go back on their word now after all that crying and whinging they've been doing over the past few weeks, they can't be making themselves looks stupid now can they 😆

I just wonder whether it's actual bravado and stubbornness that's keeping them away or do they genuinely want the manager gone because I'm struggling to see the same energy in here I saw last week, selective outrage, probably and wouldnt be surprising would it?

Way too many doom mongers surround this club and fester themselves in this fanbase that want to act as if the club are on the verge of having a meltdown and the world is caving in but really those people are just projecting their own insecurities back onto the club, guess it's cool to wear that 'Spursy' medallion round our necks and bemoan the club at every opportunity I guess.

Back onto the good thing is though is that the club are well behind him and so is the vast majority of fans so he will have support going into the Summer and the new season, and it actually feels good that we finally have completed a full season with a manager in charge who actually wants to be here to turn things around.

Onwards.
This is a perceived bad post

If we get a quality striker and right winger in the summer we’ll be a different team

Edit - although I do like Johnson even though he was poor today

Definitely a quality striker and a back up right winger to Johnson to give him competition but I’m assuming that you would play Sonny out left where he’s most effective

Definitely a quality striker and a back up right winger to Johnson to give him competition but I’m assuming that you would play Sonny out left where he’s most effective

What's the point when you don't want the manager here next season, surely it doesn't matter who we get in right?

The way I'm looking at it is this. If ange is to make this work next season there needs to be monumental change. Whoever ange says needs to go needs to go and whoever ange says needs to come in needs to come in. There is a 0% chance of that happening under this chairman. So for me ange like the others is destined to fail. I hope I'm wrong on that but history suggests I probably won't be. However I would consider any type of silverware a success next season especially over a top 4 spot that means absolutely nothing to me as a fan now.

Of course not because the vast majority of people are grown adults that understand that sometimes you get bumps in the road in a process and don't throw the towel in after losing a few matches.

It always fascinates me about people who go to early and declare they want a manager gone because of some perceived bad moment because they've firmly nailed their colours to the mast yet when the team get a positive result they're nowhere to be seen lol

They can't go back on their word now after all that crying and whinging they've been doing over the past few weeks, they can't be making themselves looks stupid now can they 😆

I just wonder whether it's actual bravado and stubbornness that's keeping them away or do they genuinely want the manager gone because I'm struggling to see the same energy in here I saw last week, selective outrage, probably and wouldnt be surprising would it?

Way too many doom mongers surround this club and fester themselves in this fanbase that want to act as if the club are on the verge of having a meltdown and the world is caving in but really those people are just projecting their own insecurities back onto the club, guess it's cool to wear that 'Spursy' medallion round our necks and bemoan the club at every opportunity I guess.

Back onto the good thing is though is that the club are well behind him and so is the vast majority of fans so he will have support going into the Summer and the new season, and it actually feels good that we finally have completed a full season with a manager in charge who actually wants to be here to turn things around.

Onwards.
I don't want Postecoglou gone simply because it is not practical. You can't just go and fire a manager after every season. But I never wanted him hired in the first place and I haven't seen anything that changes my mind. I am a Spurs fan. Nothing in that description requires I join a cult of personality.

:)

I know the manager says he won't change his methods, but I think he will modify them to the extent Spurs will go over the top a bit more. It doesn't make sense to have players like Johnson, Son, and Werner who can stretch the pitch and not use those abilities. Postecoglou is smart enough to change, but he'll be too arrogant to ever admit that he has. That's fine as long as he does.
Why has he not tried that a bit more this season?

I read that as gassed because they're not used to the physical and mental demands of the system and have slowly dropped off as the season has gone on , not gassed because of all the games they've played .

We'll see where we are come Christmas
way someone GIF
What physical demands. I’d like to see how ms y minutes our players have had compared to the top 10 and how much they run in total.

Spot fucking on. If I could like this 10 times I would.

Son captain - glaring error. Lovely bloke, never been a leader. That much was fucking obvious to anyone who's followed his career.

Johnson buy - glaring error. Exactly for the reasons you say - he's a counter attacking inside forward, not a touchline winger for a possession side. Appalling player ID, 50m down the drain and he was Ange's number 1 pick in the summer to boot. I really worry about giving him another big transfer window, how many more of his obsessions will he foist on us?

Chelsea game - glaring error. Playing that high line with 9 men and no pressure on the ball was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in football, and speaks to a manager who either has no understanding of the game or is so wedded to his beliefs it comes at the cost of winning games.
You’ll get some dislike mate about slating Johnson 😀

“He's a real threat in the front third, he's different from what we've already got, he's young and ambitious. It's no secret that's the model for me.''

That's the best I could find to try and answer your question.
He wanted him alright any one who says otherwise are just trying to justify the signing and not putting it on Ange.

What's minutes on pitch got to do with the physical demands of the system and players who aren't used to it ?
What physical demands of the system? May be for the FBs and VDV. Do we put in as much effort as dippers? We hardly press and we let teams cut through us like butter. Sometimes I wonder what fans go on about. Every team puts in physical effort what makes you think we put in more? I’d say last 4 months we’ve hardly been tearing it up and blitzing teams. We play so slow at walking pace often.

If the guy has a brain he will know that if the filth win the PL, it triples the pressure on him.

This ain't rocket science.

Not one club would help us. Just why the fcuk would we help them?

Maddddddness.

5th is the target..

i suppose you could say that about any player couldnt ya? even still, hes so far away from a player that fits his possession based system that if he didnt want him he should of put his foot down and explained why. weve already got son who cant play against parked up sides, we dont need another!

we need a diaz type wide player who can play against all setups. to be fair if you can play against a parked bus as a forward you defo can produce when you have space lol. its basically just pace thats desired in open games but its not the be all and end all.
Not sure why this discussion is being had. He wanted all the reports indicate that and his already said he has final say on all transfers. That is enough for me to say he wanted him. There was kudos, guy at Villa other players available but didn’t see any reports that we were interested.

Back
Top Bottom