Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not enough and we haven't paid for Kulu yet, he might not want to stick around. No way can we do a reset in one season anyway.
It'll take a while yeah and won't really be helped by fans not giving him the chance and having patience.

Why does it matter whether we've paid for Kulu or not? He was a big part of us getting 4th

They were both undermined by ENIC, that's a fact and if you are interested in glory you don't sack a manager who is used to winning things on the eve of a cup final and replace with Mason. And you don't sack a manager and replace with his assistant when you're in 4th place.
Conte dug his own grave.

You can single out the signings of Spence and Danjuma, but those are two parts of a much larger picture. The reality is the guy was backed more than any manager I can recall, and he failed at his job this season. We were 4th when he was sacked, but other teams behind us had games in hand. Not to mention Conte basically quit on us at that point with his meltdown, and if you believe reports, we were willing to stick with him but he refused to come back from Italy.

The football was absolutely diabolical for the entire season as well. We were eliminated in the domestic cups by Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest - that's inexcusable. We managed to turn an easy CL draw into a situation where we needed a result in our last match to even qualify, and then we went out to a bang average AC Milan team.

His first season for us was great, but he was an utter failure this season.

Conte got a bit of juice out of the squad but it was always going to blow up. In the end he rescued us from the Nuno situation which really was a mess of a managerial appointment (following a completely aimless search that dragged on until the beginning of July).

If nothing else we appear to have been far more focussed on our head coach shortlist this time around. They've fit a remit of attacking football and at least as far as I can tell the likely order of preference has gone:

- Nagelsmann (if they even did talk properly)
- Slot
- Ange

Interesting that Enrique was right there for the taking but we're taking the 'risk' with Postecoglou. Lessons learned from the previous big names of Mourinho and Conte?

And I dare say the new CFO and fellow Aussie may have had some input into the decision to hire Ange.

Nagelsmann, once he said he wanted more control over transfers conversation was over.
Slot just levyed Levy.
Ange's contract was up and he wants the job. I'll be interested to hear what he has to say.

Black Friday Christmas GIF by Target

Cashapped you £0.50

:levywhoa:

Conte dug his own grave.

You can single out the signings of Spence and Danjuma, but those are two parts of a much larger picture. The reality is the guy was backed more than any manager I can recall, and he failed at his job this season. We were 4th when he was sacked, but other teams behind us had games in hand. Not to mention Conte basically quit on us at that point with his meltdown, and if you believe reports, we were willing to stick with him but he refused to come back from Italy.

The football was absolutely diabolical for the entire season as well. We were eliminated in the domestic cups by Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest - that's inexcusable. We managed to turn an easy CL draw into a situation where we needed a result in our last match to even qualify, and then we went out to a bang average AC Milan team.

His first season for us was great, but he was an utter failure this season.
And it made sense to replace him with his assistant ? We finished in 8th anyway, we will never know where we could have finished if we let him finish his job. I'm not saying we needed to keep him beyond his contract but just to sack up because he was telling the truth as I saw it was foolish. People don't appreciate what a remarkable job he did in that first season to take a sack of midtable crap into the CL. We were even talked about as dark horses for the title at the beginning of the season!

Since Bale, which player have we sold that we wanted to keep? Eriksen is one. Name another one in the pst 10 years (during which Chelsea, Pool, United have sold more players they wanted to keep than we did).

I'll wait...
Yep to our fault

We got so determined to not be seen as a selling club that we blinded ourselves to doing good business

So, it looks like it's done. I have a lingering concern (probably not a valid one): the Aussie connection with Munn and the trip down under this summer. Highly coincidental... Feels like Paratici's playbook. We'll be signing good-looking players from the Australian Justice League (I have no idea what it's called) for their fan-base. Who are the front runners, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ?

My guess is we'll get some Aussies and and Japanese players in the next couple of seasons (assuming he's not sacked before then). No more than 2 or 3 total.
No idea, find it hard to keep up with PL and European leagues!

Back
Top Bottom