Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Head to Amazon prime. You can rewatch some classic era Madge :ledleylick:
Natalie Imbruglia for me, you freak.

Music Video 90S GIF

I just can't see this guy being the guy to win us our first trophy since '08, but perhaps he can be the guy to get us into a good enough position to challenge for the next manager.

When we play Chelsea and he's in our dugout and Poch is in theirs, I'm going to feel sick.

Poch would win a Treble at Celtic, probably do it with even more style as well.

I'll be glad when a deal is done but that's just so it is done and we get on with the rebuild. We'll be lucky to finish anywhere near the European places next season.
Not being funny but how do you come to that conclusion? The very fact that you and I and probably most Spurs fans have no idea how he coaches, what his tactics are or will be and whether he will inject his own 'type of player' into the squad mean that we have all to look forward to and, at the moment, nothing to hate. I look forward to the pre season games now like never before, maybe because we're heading into the unknown.
I agree with you about Poch - always was my first choice for Mourhino's replacement and ever since, but I see in Big Ange a lot of what I liked about Poch.
Mourhino was shite and destroyed the Spurs team, Conte was shite this year and almost destroyed our club so why not revert to a relatively unknown if the 'big names' haven't worked - I have renewed optimism now thanks to someone who's name I struggle with and who I knew nothing about before April.
And if he brings with him a ready made replacement for Harry in Kyogo (and at a third of the price), what's not to like?

If the reset didn't happen under Mourinho or Conte, what makes you think it will happen under 10th choice Ange?
>we didn't clear out the deadwood properly
>we hired glamour rather than project managers that ended up making us play defensive, ugly football
>this summer we're clearly restructuring the hierarchy of the football club and Levy is stepping back

I'm rolling with the positives

What will happen to Ryan Mason, will he be kept on as a member of the coaching team/spy?
Yep he will be needed to take over before Christmas but the real question is what happens when Levy sacks Mason as well? Emergency call to Arry I expect.

When you go backwards/sideways, it should be done with an actual purpose. Sometimes it can be a progressive purpose like switching the point of attack or it could be to reset the attack if there is no forward pass.

But a lot of the criticism PEH and similar players take is because there will be a forward, progressive option and they will still go back. Or he will move the ball so slowly that the option is gone.
Disagree there is rarely a forward option the team has not been coached or set up to play that way

I thought Ange said that he's going on vacation starting Tuesday. They're going to agree and then make us wait on a full unveiling for a week aren't they?

From what I've seen of the various articles and videos floating around, I think he'll be a breath of fresh air.

Could be exactly what we need, all by accident!!

:levywhoa:

Indeed...

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom